-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Don't see much discussion on the Kahles line of rifle scopes. Thinking about purchasing a 1.5-6x42mm scope for a soon to be completed medium rifle, and wondering how the Kahles compares to the Swarovski PH and Zeiss VM/V line of scopes.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
IMO, Khales is right up there..most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one at a good price.

anthony

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good stuff,Buy one,you will not regret it.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You might want to talk to Mule Deer about them. Last I heard, they were now made with a little longer eye relief and were pretty good. He's tested a number of them. E

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have two Kahles and five Zeiss. I count the Kahles as good as the Zeiss, at least to my aged eyes.

Where did you say we are going? And why are we in this handbasket?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good to know as SWFA has several on their Samples List at good prices. Picked up a Kahles Helia 2.5-10x50mm with the illuminated 4NK. Curious to see how well it performs against my S&B Zenith in low light hunting.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Count me as a Kahles fan, I love them. I have 2 and think they are every bit the scope that my Swaro and Zeiss scopes are. I actually prefer them. I will continue to buy them.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Got a few of the Kahles Scopes. I love them. They're just "comfortable" and easy to use. Majority are 3.5-10 with TDS (love this by the way)and the a 1.5 - 6 Illum, and a older 1.25-4. All great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a couple, 3-9x40's with TDS, and I really like them. I have not compared them to the Swaro PH line, but they compared very well to an American line Swaro with the same reticle. I sold the Swaro and still have the Kahles...

I think the glass is better than the Conquest/VXIII's I have owned, but haven't really compared them to the best of the Zeiss line.

They are good in low light, and have a dark enough etched reticle to see well without being too thick and obstructing the target.

DJ

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The kahles are very comparable to the swaro "A" line. However, I have noticed(to my eyes) that the difference begin to show themselves in the PH,PV and especially the Z6. I do love the kahles and for the money I would purchase this scope over the "A" line. I also believe that they have finally broken away from swaro, so it will be very interesting to see if the quality suffers any.

DSC Life Member
SCI Member
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
How about the 1" models? I'm looking at a Helia CL 2-7X36. Does it measure up to the 30mm's?

Lee F.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid"

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Here is the Kahles section on the website for Legacy Sports International who is now the Kahles importer.

http://www.legacysports.com/products/kahles/index.html

They are showing 1", 30 mm and 34 mm tube scopes.

I have a KX 3.5-10X 1" tube and a 1.5-6X Helia 30 mm tube scopes, and they are both excellent. I really like their performance vs. price point.

We will just have to see how they do split off from Swarovski. A few years ago when I talked to Swaro and Kahles reps they told me the two brands used the same glass, and details such as erector tube springs varied. I don't know how maintenance will be done. I got the impression that the Kahles folks thought they were the pioneers, and Swaro followed in their wake. wink

The CL 2-7X is not shown.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I bought a Khales at CDNN also. They have good prices on them and they are good people to deal with. Thanks...Bill.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The split will be interesting for sure.

DSC Life Member
SCI Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A recent experience with Kahles I posted some weeks ago...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I recently bought a gun at auction that had an older Kahles Helia 2.3-7x36 mounted on it. The scope needs a cleaning and general overhaul so I called the number for service on their website last week.

It was Swarovski that answered the phone, they told me they had parted ways with Kahles and referred me to a gentleman in NH. This gentleman explained to me that Kahles was going out on it's own here in the US, and that they were just setting up a service program. He took my info and told me he would get back to me with an estimate since all scopes will currently be sent back to Austria for service.

True to his word he emailed me this morning that "For Your 2.3-7x36, SN 47912, the cost estimate for a complete overhaul, not including possible replacement parts is $387.75"

This did not include return shipping. Since I can by a new 2-7x36 Kahles for $550 I declined.

I'm sure that they will honor their lifetime warranty to the original owner but be aware it's going overseas for repair.

The $400 for an overhaul doesn't compare favorably with Leupolds
service department. smirk

Last edited by RecoilRob; 03/05/08.

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
anybody tried one of the multiple zero kahles scopes? wondered how they obtain multiple zeroes? how does the scope work? is it a gimmick or a genuine good idea? -keith

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
From what I have read this concept all but flopped in kahles face. They had a good comeback with the kx line, and now the break away from swaro. Seems like a roller coaster. I hope they can continue with the quality and value those of us with the kx have come to expect.

DSC Life Member
SCI Member
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I own a Kahles 4-12x52 CL Multizero and I am very pleased with it. I have so far zeroed it in at 100 and 200 yards. I set the additional zeroes at 300, 400, and 600 yards based purely on elevation and when I actually shot the rifle at 300 yards it was right on. Returning to the 100 and 200 yard settings is a snap. To get back to 100 yards all you do is turn the turret until it hits the stop and set the parallax at 100 yards. To go back to any of the other zeroes all you do is align a set arrow on the scope with the index mark on the corresponding ring, adjust the parallax setting, and shoot. The entire process is very easy and very repeatable.

I suppose you can mark me down as a fully satisfied customer... and BTW, the optics are awesome too!

pell123
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ohiohunter
anybody tried one of the multiple zero kahles scopes? wondered how they obtain multiple zeroes? how does the scope work? is it a gimmick or a genuine good idea? -keith

This is a genuine good idea. I have a SAKO quad and use the Kahles CS 2.5-10x50. The adjustments are useful and precise. As disussed in another thread, there is not enough range of adjustment for the .22LR load on this rimfire.

If the scope that I own is not popular it's because of price: ca. $1800.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 12 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.