Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
It's the fact that there's a lot of people who like and use the Wiggy bags but some here cannot or won't accept that fact. Glad we have so many choices but it's to bad we can't discuss things without a pissing match interupting things.

That's an amazing statement considering my whole disagreement with AC had absolutely NOTHING to do with the merits of a Wiggy bag. Methinks that alot of the problem is certain guys from AK cannot handle the fact that Wiggy bag(s) might not work for everyone, especially if it's one of us wussies down here in the lower 48 where the rain aint nowhere near as cold and wet as it is up there.

Personally I could care less what work for someone or what they have in there pack...I don't have to sleep in it. I've got 3 synthetics, a NF, a Wiggys and a Kifaru. I like them all.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever Ken, enjoy your gear.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
There are guides who will not take the client UNTIL he is in a Wiggy bag, so they keep them on hand. A miserable client will turn a miserable tip when his guide doesn't give up the Wiggy bag to him. I've heard stories exactly like that.

From who? Wigutow? Who in the name of Hades are these guides? And these hunters? What kind of lower-than-whale-crap so-called hunter would even ASK to use another man's sleeping bag? What else does he want? The wife and the dog and all the cold beer? What kind of outfitter would put up with that nonsense for the sake of a "tip"? Are you telling me that some Alaska "guide" is going to look my ID bag and say, "Hey, you're going to have to leave that piece of crap here because I don't want you getting wet and cold and whining for my Wiggy's bag and then I'd have to give it you because it's so awesome and because I don't want you to stiff me on my tip." Is Alaska that big of a goat rope or are you just the Energizer Bunny of Wiggy sales? On second thought, Taylor, forget I asked. I'll just go back to the NWT where the Canadian guides bake good bread, brew a heckuva pot of tea and they treat hunters like hunters.

Hunting success is 90 percent hunter, 10 percent weapon.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm staying at the kids table. I've been through years of this stuff. This rhetoric is what propelled me toward them, only to learn otherwise over time & expense-to those who feel I'm an a$$hole for standing my ground.

Last edited by stillhunter73; 03/12/08.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
There are guides who will not take the client UNTIL he is in a Wiggy bag, so they keep them on hand. A miserable client will turn a miserable tip when his guide doesn't give up the Wiggy bag to him. I've heard stories exactly like that.

On the other hand;

I've had clients march a guide into this store to buy the guide a Wiggy bag AFTER the hunt in which they both slept, well actually only the client slept, in the rain on a mountain for a couple days

What a crock! I thought I had heard it all. This just keeps getting better.

Marc Taylor[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hampstead - If you think a guide requirement is anthing but hand-holding, to include the gear selection process, then you're delusional. And just look how many hunters would show up with their favorite Moonstone-Sunbeam-Lightweight-Just-Add-Water-and-CHILL down bag. To be assigned another hunter to point out your game and assist you in taking it, however, is required in some instances as we both know. Not much of a way around that.

Yep. "Must own a Wiggy bag," says the guide. I don't give a flying fart whether you believe it or not, however. And it's the same kind of guide that has to hold the hand of a U.S. resident in Canada regardless of whether it's whitetails or polar bears that he's hunting. At least we draw a line in Alaska as to where the hand-holding begins, not require it of every hunter.

Come on, Chawn... We can't even take you at your word anymore that you won't be back to this thread? It's like sitting at the kids table and reaching over to touch the heater every once in a while to remind yourself that it's hot...

Taylor

Last edited by MarcTaylor; 03/12/08.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No, Dudlie-Dooright, you haveen't heard it all, but stick around for another twenty pages on the Wiggy Thread. Now IT'S the Energizer Bunny!

Taylor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come on, Chawn... We can't even take you at your word anymore that you won't be back to this thread? It's like sitting at the kids table and reaching over to touch the heater every once in a while to remind yourself that it's hot...
Taylor

Originally Posted by stillhunter73
I'm done posting anything about these guys, their gear, or their tactics (clearly, to everyone's pleasure). It's plenty good with me that they are the new favorite flavor around here; guess it runs in cyles. Learned a lot about character, though.

I don't believe I betrayed that statement. My most previous post was not about you, your gear, or your tactics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stillhunter73
I'm staying at the kids table. I've been through years of this stuff. This rhetoric is what propelled me toward them, only to learn otherwise over time & expense-to those who feel I'm an a$$hole for standing my ground.

Don't see anything there that violated that statement.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
pssst "ouch"

psst "ouch"

IC B3

M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
some of the group at the kids know the heater is HOT and still
insist upon touching it anyway.
map

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Is that map or JW you got there?[Linked Image]

Marc's fictious Alaskan guides
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin

G'Night.

Last edited by stillhunter73; 03/12/08.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't mind me, I'm just posting for posting sake. Since this thread keeps appearing to be Lazerus, I thought I would check it out. What a waste of my time. I just felt obligated to post in the 17 page thread. Have a good night everyone.

Thomas

Last edited by Dakotan; 03/12/08.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by DudlieDoright
Is that map or JW you got there?[Linked Image]

Marc's fictious Alaskan guides
[Linked Image]

that's pretty good for a wanna be
gfo
map

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Probably make your mouth sore map grin

M
map Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
That makes alot of sense you dweeb. Your just to clever you got
you some there. You probaly fly a rainbow on back of your vehicle
more than likely a stob knobber.
sincerely gfo
map

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You really should get a stomach pump installed map.
uuuh sperm burper
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Then the bear comes in and destroys your camp...
Then the rain turns to sleet...
You could then maybe try to start a fire with your down bag to get some warmth.

What if two chipmunks and a white tail deer gang up on me and destroys my camp... eek
Then the rain turns to...Hold on it only sleets in AK.

Come on guys we are talking about sleeping bags. Oh man. Hay what bag you goning to get Map? Cat's meow?

Chawn.. Holly cow...... Wow.......

In any case we are talking about sleeping bags. Wow 42 pages of God knows what.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, all that down chit on K2, Everest, et all. Poor, dumb bastards...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 54 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,150
Posts18,502,837
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.