Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kennyd Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
A lot of shooters can't find a gun club to use anymore. Any thoughts of the peer pressure you get by belonging. It is good to have mentors, advice on life, and positive input in your life. Were more people introduced (not necessarily as enthusiasts) to guns from sane users, there would be fewer problems with misuse, and less fear of the "unkown".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, Kenny, I look at peer pressure like this, if I don't like what they are saying, i tell they are full of schitt. Makes no bones with me, they ain't screwin' me, payin' my taxes or signing my poaycheck. What does it matter what they say? Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Violator22,

Well, Kenny, I look at peer pressure like this, if I don't like what they are saying, i tell they are full of schitt. Makes no bones with me, they ain't screwin' me, payin' my taxes or signing my poaycheck. What does it matter what they say? Les

Not the words I use, but the same message I use. Peer pressure is for folks who are not a cooperative independant.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not clear what you're asking. To me it depends on whether you get involved in organized club activities like competition. If you just use the range, you're pretty much on your own.

Some of the best shooting memories of my life were when I used to shoot muzzleloaders at the Aurora Gun Club in the '70s.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey
Before I had my own range I belonged to this high end club.
This person and his snot nose kid were shooting at this gallon jug or water with some AR whatever. This slug could not even hit this jug for nothing. He shot off a clip as I loaded my renagade 54 cal. The kid wiped his nose a said to me with a discusting sneer " here comes the Indians " I asked if I can throw some lead in the way of the jug and the AR man said go ahead so I shot off hand To 125 yards and disintergreated the water jug. No one ever said another word to me again. This AR dude had this big brass catcher on his rig and I often thought that threw him off or maybe he never was there in the first place.
Bearbeater

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Theres a reason that I try to only go to the range on weekdays right when they open the gates.

Everybody is at work and I dont have to deal with the azzhats and know-it-alls

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I go to a couple of different ranges, and besides the azzhats that I have to remind to stay away from the FL while there is a line break, most of the folks are kind and helpful.

If you are having trouble with "peer pressure" at the range, I would say find a new range.

There is probably someone here at The Fire who shoots in your area. Maybe one of them could help you out.

Wayne

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Theres a reason that I try to only go to the range on weekdays right when they open the gates.

Everybody is at work and I dont have to deal with the azzhats and know-it-alls

Same here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I did however meet a guy a lil older than me a while back that was interesting. Im guessin he was 21-22 sumthin like that.

Anyways turns out that him an his dad invented the 35whelen as a high school senior project!!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I got myself a portable bench and an old realty sign from my buddy and I just cruise up a canyon breakout my range finder and bang away all by my lonesome.No peer pressure no "great advice" and I can just get down to business.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
I did however meet a guy a lil older than me a while back that was interesting. Im guessin he was 21-22 sumthin like that.

Anyways turns out that him an his dad invented the 35whelen as a high school senior project!!

I always did like the stories that are told.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
yup the BS from some of the know-it-alls is enjoyable. Bout the only time I will go to the range is to work on loads, as its close and has some benches. Other than that there is no enjoyment for me there.

Gimmee a rock pit or a clear cut thank you very much.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
After some 50 years of on again, off again of using both public and private shooting ranges, I totally gave up on it. Now, I admit I learned quite a bit from some of the old hands, but putting up with the camo crap, black rifles, tactical wannabees, safety violations by Bubba and his group and other such nonsense forced me out. I now live on the edge of the Parashant Monument, with over a million acres (population 0) where I go with my portable bench, and if I choose to take a companion we go where and when I want.

Wayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I certainly don't feel peer pressure at our range, although there are alot of idiots who can't shoot at all that use it regularly. Saturdays and Sundays before moose season brings a particular brand of idiot out.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like the sight in days at the local ranges here, I go just to watch the guys that shoot once a year, man..................TMost couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I like to do the Range Safety bit on those days. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by peepsight3006
but putting up with the camo crap, black rifles,

Whats wrong with a black rifle?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just remembered one thing about the range that I really do enjoy.

About 9-10am on a random weekday morning about 5-10 ol buzzards will come pullin into the range. Out comes the paper and 22lr's money is put down an the bitchen starts.

a person cannot shoot a decent group when the ol boys get to talkin as its hard not to crack up listenin to them. An a person cant ignore them cuz thier all yelling due to the fact that they are all darned near deaf.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tom264

Whats wrong with a black rifle?

I have started to get dissapointed when I see the black rifles come out at the range too. Had one to many empty cases bounce off my head due to jerkoffs that dont realize that more than just them are at the range.

Mind you I like AR's and think they can be a way cool gun. Just the ones that frequent the range I go to are their soley to put as many rounds down the tube as possible.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do you shot at the Sports Park in White City?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think some of you guys totally missed kennyd's point - or maybe I did..... blush

Yes. The positive peer pressure you receive from like-mined pro-gun people is very beneficial and very much like the fellowship we seek/find here at 24hourcampfire (in most cases). grin

I agree that if more people were introduced to guns hunting buy the kind of guys you describe, there would be a lot more gun "fans" and this would be a better world to live in. Too bad that's just not the case anymore.... frown

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,464
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.