Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by blinddog1
H&R was part of Marlin Firearms cerebus bought Marlin and Remington along with several other manufacturers I think we will begin to see many of the old names closeing down now.
It wouldn't make sense, business wise. The companies bought by Cerebrus all are popular. As I hear it, the big wig at Cerebrus himself is a avid hunter and conservative.

We can only guess really. Aint no way to tell what goes on in them big board rooms.

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Her1911
As I understand it, its more of a consolidation then a shut down. Why would Remington want to shutdown a successful company like H&R?
-----------------------------

global marketplace

Those two words from the article is your answer.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
With the "economy" is a consumer pull back from purchasing this is just the first of many announcements we will see in the next 3 years.

Doc

Probably right. Firearms, with only a little care, last forever and the prospective purchaser population is getting smaller.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Her1911
I don;t see anywhere where it says they are stopping production of the H&R rifles. Theres a difference between a consolidation vs stopping production.

Exactly!!
So, can't you guys read?? Everyone is compaining like the entire NEF line of products is going away. Nowhere does it say or imply that. In fact is says that all of the NEF products will stay.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Looks like firearms companies are just getting away from the anti gun crowd and high taxes in New England. Ruger & Remington moved some of their operations and Winchester (FN) moved all of theirs. IIRC they relocated in Arizona, Kentucky and S.Carolina.

Too old to suffer fools
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
Looks like firearms companies are just getting away from the anti gun crowd and high taxes in New England. Ruger & Remington moved some of their operations and Winchester (FN) moved all of theirs. IIRC they relocated in Arizona, Kentucky and S.Carolina.

Maybe I should start a campaign to get them to relocate to Kentucky.

I'll work for 'em,... and we've got some good media too.

http://www.oksenate.gov/news/press_releases/press_releases_2008/pr20080204a.html

Last Thursday, the Brady Campaign � a group that advocates gun control measures � said Oklahoma was tied with Kentucky having the fewest gun control �points� in a national study. Out of a possible 100 points, the two states scored a two.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
for what it's worth, i bought one of those russian-manufactured remington over/under 20 gauge shotguns.

first time i took it out you couldn't open it after a few rounds. the "ejectors" were bent, according to the gunsmith. also told me i didn't do anything wrong and could not have avoided that.

???

said i didn't hurt the gun, and it should run fine now. gunsmith on site at the shop where i bought the shotty.

don't think i'm interested in another russian remington.

Wag More. Bark Less.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
IMO, Remington is headed down the same path as winchester. They are grasping at straws to stay afloat. Didn't they, also, buy Marlin? Lets wait & see what happens there.
They will close both marlin & H&R, get rid of the unions and farm their manufacture to overseas. And don't be surprised if the same thing doesn't happen to Remington.

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

Someone said, "Don't mess with old men, especially those who are veterans!!!
They'll not fight you, they'll kill you"!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i hope they leave marlin alone

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i hope they leave marlin alone

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i have had an h&r revolver (forget the model number but it is has a 6" barrel and case hardened frame with both a 22 and 22 mag cylinder) for probably 30 years. great shooting revolver which works as well today as when new. sorry to learn they might be a thing of the past. progress i guess!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
H & R lost it's appeal for me when they did away with ejectors. Then they offered poorly chambered .35 Whelens that wouldn't fire. There isn't much of a choice on any other short inexpensive rifle with a decent quality. I have wondered how a gun company could put up with MA, but also note that Henry is in NY.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i wasn't aware henty is a ny company

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They will---this was being looked into very seriously even before Cerberus. Marlin is the standard to which Big Green is being expected to perform to.

BTW -- they did do away with Marlins sales force and are using Remington's.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,412
Posts18,528,173
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.