Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by Heeman
Wonder what will happen if he tossed it onto the sidewalk from three to four feet?

There a lot of sidewalks where you hunt? wink

Back in the day, when I hunted deer in the morning, and pretty things in the evening, I put my Leupold to just such a test.

At 18, in my infinite wisdom, I concluded that I could fit two women in my Toyota pickup front seat, if I was to place my rifle between my seat and the door. This worked very well, and proved to be quite the idea I had come up with.

As the cruizing of the gut continued into the evening with said ladies in truck, a pit stop was made and at that point I decided to "break-in" my 721 Remington that was sporting an MPI stock and VX2 Glass.............

Since dark had overcome sighting in the following day, I decided to pop an average 3 point the next morning.............Sidewalks are no match, nor rocks.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Wow!
Think I'll move to Alaska, where jobs pay so phenomenally well that half-wit idiots can throw their rifles on the rocks, ding them and their expensive scopes up, all for the sake of gettin' their antics on the internet.....

I'm pretty sure when he moved there, that was his plan. Something about "makin' your own luck"...... wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Back in the day, when I hunted deer in the morning, and pretty things in the evening, I put my Leupold to just such a test.

At 18, in my infinite wisdom, I concluded that I could fit two women in my Toyota pickup front seat, if I was to place my rifle between my seat and the door. This worked very well, and proved to be quite the idea I had come up with.

As the cruizing of the gut continued into the evening with said ladies in truck, a pit stop was made and at that point I decided to "break-in" my 721 Remington that was sporting an MPI stock and VX2 Glass.............

Since dark had overcome sighting in the following day, I decided to pop an average 3 point the next morning.............Sidewalks are no match, nor rocks.

Matt, I'm hoisting my sandwhich towards Prineville in a retroactive salute to the pursuit of pretty things.

Hope one (or both! let's dream big for young Matt here!) of them didn't make it through the nite unscathed! cool

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Matt:I wanna hear more about the girls..... wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by castandblast
Sounds like! Dunno the man from Adam but it sounds like he shoots a lot, and well, and whacks lots of critters.

I don't "know" him either, but when he used to post here lots of things about him became obvious. If he hadn't departed two months before your arrival I am absolutely certain that you would have had a chance to make his acquaintance..... grin

grin Yep, I bet you are correct on that one.

-jeff

You can't begin to fathom what that experience would have been like. wink

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a place he could find out wink

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I believe Jeff was already extended an invitation, and declined it.......grin

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What an IDIOT!!

Should have had it at the ranch last weekend! I would have broken it in for him!!! Given it the Heat Test!!! Forgot I had my phone which has a camera. We had 74% humidity when we started but when the sun broke through the clouds it went down hill fast. See Kat I told you it was not going to be fun!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Has he surfaced anywhere on the net?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
I believe Jeff was already extended an invitation, and declined it.......grin

grin Went and checked it out a couple times. Great board, if... uh... you are into that kind of thing.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't heard one comment on the fact that his barrel harmonics were still 1/2 diopter off.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by Heeman
Wonder what will happen if he tossed it onto the sidewalk from three to four feet?

There a lot of sidewalks where you hunt? wink

That one had me laughin' too!!! laugh laugh laugh

What I meant was there is a difference between a pile of loose rocks and solid granite.
What would you want to land on?

He made it look so dramatic.
I think almost any rifle would survive a drop like that.
Who cares about scars on the stock.
Why didn't he drop it on the bolt side of the rifle?

Or if he wanted to prove that the scope/mounts was so tough, shouldn't he have dropped it on the top side of the scope?

ummm....

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ahhhh...the Peanut Gallery strikes again.

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
The guy in the video is an idiot. Sad part is, other idiots watching will take it for truth. That sort of nonsense does nothing for our sport.

This, from West Virginia.....

Classic........

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
...Have yet to take a tumble where, upon seeing ANY rocks as the likely landing zone, thought to myself "Sweet, those'll soften the impact...."

Nice to see some folks elevate armchair quarterbacking to the pro-level....

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's neat that Big Stick hunts hard and shoots often.

I enjoyed the video on some level at least. It was amusing.

It was nice to see the rifle (I have a Kimber) and scope (I mostly use Leupolds) hold up to getting tossed on the rocks.

I still think it was silly and really didn't prove a thing, though. If that'd been a Tasco on there, and he'd still hit the 450-yard plate, would it have proved that Tasco's are durable? Likewise, if he'd managed to break that scope or knock it off zero, would that have proved that Leupold scopes are not durable?

Like I said before I think he used up some of the 9 Lives of that scope... but it's his to do with as he pleases, of course.

-jeff

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/09/08.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie
...Have yet to take a tumble where, upon seeing ANY rocks as the likely landing zone, thought to myself "Sweet, those'll soften the impact...."

Nice to see some folks elevate armchair quarterbacking to the pro-level....

So [bleep]' laughin'......

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Pro-Level...

Too funny......

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BossHoss
What an IDIOT!!

Should have had it at the ranch last weekend! I would have broken it in for him!!! Given it the Heat Test!!! Forgot I had my phone which has a camera. We had 74% humidity when we started but when the sun broke through the clouds it went down hill fast. See Kat I told you it was not going to be fun!!

Not sure what's worse....

The dumbphucktitude apparent in the post....

The fact that the POS posting was banned, has crawled back in, and for some reason gets to hang around....

Or,

The flirting between two that probably really do deserve each other.....

Pardon me, I think I'll go vomit now.......

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
If that'd been a Tasco on there, and he'd still hit the 450-yard plate, would it have proved that Tasco's are durable?

-jeff

If that'd been a Tasco on there, and you'd still managed to hit something with it, I think it'd have been more akin to a blind squirrel gettin' a nut, than to proof that it could live to a ripe old age....

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (19rabbit52, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,426
Posts18,528,391
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.