-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guess y'all never got into watching Deadwood on HBO...now that there's some world class cussin!

Last edited by 257wby; 04/08/08.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I disagree, Just because alot of Americans do it don't make it right,I realize there just words,do you let your kids use them? If your fellow American jumps off a bridge would you follow?I would rather hear a swear word than someone using Gods name in vein,I'm funny like that, Be a leader not a follower!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Why is this on the Ask the Gunwriters forum and not the Hunters Campfire?

The writers been cursing too much again? grin

Ricky, I think they call it plain ol' cussin.'

Maybe you or someone should move this to its' rightful place?
I dunno how.

How's that Weatherby workin' for you?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I'll help,I'm a cunniliguist magna come laude....

I have coffee coming out my nose.That was funny!!!! grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh, and it's GRAMMAR, not ...grammer...

Do they actually HAVE schools in Wyoming????

I did that intentionally just to see if you would catch it! Can't say I'm not a fast learner.

Got ya again, didn't I?

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Your double negative demonstrates my point, so, your learning seems a little slow to me.....

Cowboys, eh...... smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow Campfire Members;
I have read this thread in its entirety and would like to thank all those who chose to participate. It is interesting to read the various views on the subject.

At one point in my life, as a former construction and rebar worker, much of what constituted daily conversation was likely both anatomically impractical and physically impossible. So I am not a stranger to colorful profanity by any means.

However as my life changed gears and I changed careers, I found it necessary to throttle back on some of the daily expletive content. As well I suppose, as I became a father, I felt that our girls should not learn to cuss from their dad, but follow a time honored tradition and learn it from school mates.

I will admit however, and some of you who work with livestock will doubtless agree, that working with stock at times strained my vocabulary restraint. I am not alone in this, as one time when discussing horses with a rancher he offered this gem, �I�m not sure why we ever bother naming them when we end up calling them all SOB in the end anyway.�

In an effort to both show restraint and not teach our girls to cuss when I was working with our horses, I cleverly (I thought), substituted the ranchers favorite term of endearment for horses with �sweetheart� and when I was really ticked off, �sweetheart-darling�.

So it was that one day when our eldest was perhaps 5 and watching from the fence as I worked with one horse commented, �Carly is being a real sweetheart today isn�t she Daddy?� To this day in our family it is a dubious compliment to say someone is being a sweetheart.

Anyway, I suppose depending on individual perspective, some would find it more profane that we kill and eat our own meat than the amount we do or don�t cuss.

Again I appreciated reading the input from all, it was educational and often amusing, which was a great lift to my spirits today.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing worse than a foulmouthed sh1thead......... blush

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we need a list like George Carlin had...just so we know what is and isn't foulmouthed...wonder if sh1thead will make the list

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
This thread brought back memories when I was attending missile school at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in the mid sixties. One of the instructors forbid use of the "F" word. If he caught you using it it cost you a cup of coffee or a lesser grade which was your choice. If you caught him using it it cost him a coke. Now, anyone who has been in the military knows that a lot of folks, perhaps like some here, can't converse without using that word. To make it easier the instructor allowed the word "Intercoursing" to be used as a substitute and he even used it, although very, very sparingly. To make a long story short, Sgt Krang never had to buy a cup of coffee for himself in the 16 weeks I was there and I never saw him have to buy anyone a coke either. grin

Another thing that I remember well is a female co-worker who refused to answer anyone who used profanity while conversing with her. She would tell the person once she didn't talk like that and didn't know what the were saying when they talked like that to her. It was amazing how quickly even her boss caught on. grin

I reckon I have heard every cuss word known to man at one time or other, especially while working in a prison, but I still appreciate folks who can converse without doing it. I do realize though, that some folks couldn't talk if they couldn't cuss, and I just choose to think of it as a handicap and treat it as such.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Fellow Campfire Members;
I have read this thread in its entirety and would like to thank all those who chose to participate. It is interesting to read the various views on the subject.

At one point in my life, as a former construction and rebar worker, much of what constituted daily conversation was likely both anatomically impractical and physically impossible. So I am not a stranger to colorful profanity by any means.

However as my life changed gears and I changed careers, I found it necessary to throttle back on some of the daily expletive content. As well I suppose, as I became a father, I felt that our girls should not learn to cuss from their dad, but follow a time honored tradition and learn it from school mates.

I will admit however, and some of you who work with livestock will doubtless agree, that working with stock at times strained my vocabulary restraint. I am not alone in this, as one time when discussing horses with a rancher he offered this gem, �I�m not sure why we ever bother naming them when we end up calling them all SOB in the end anyway.�

In an effort to both show restraint and not teach our girls to cuss when I was working with our horses, I cleverly (I thought), substituted the ranchers favorite term of endearment for horses with �sweetheart� and when I was really ticked off, �sweetheart-darling�.

So it was that one day when our eldest was perhaps 5 and watching from the fence as I worked with one horse commented, �Carly is being a real sweetheart today isn�t she Daddy?� To this day in our family it is a dubious compliment to say someone is being a sweetheart.

Anyway, I suppose depending on individual perspective, some would find it more profane that we kill and eat our own meat than the amount we do or don�t cuss.

Again I appreciated reading the input from all, it was educational and often amusing, which was a great lift to my spirits today.

Regards,
Dwayne

Sweetheart, you might get away with talking nice to horses, but if you don't cuss a mule he thinks you're not serious or talking to someone else. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Maybe we need a list like George Carlin had...just so we know what is and isn't foulmouthed...wonder if sh1thead will make the list

George Carlin is a dumb-[bleep]!

Travis.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you don't say it in front of your mother, don't say it!

Lee F.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid"

-John Wayne

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by AdkHunter

There you have it, apparently you [bleep] never [bleep] met my [bleep] mother.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Deleted by RickBin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did I curse in front of my mother, no! Did my Dad curse in front of my mother, no! Did Dad and I curse when out fishing, often. Do I curse around my daughter, hardly ever. Do I curse around the hunting campfire, usually. I don't get the problem.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That probably explains a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Don't you run some sort of motel up there Norman?

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep----"No Tell Motel"----rents rooms by the hour and clean sheets are extra!! sick

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by AdkHunter

Originally Posted by BusaDave
Deleted by RickBin.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.