Page 34 of 1,842 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
First post, wow.

Welcome to 24hr & thank you.

It's a crazy long post huh? can't believe you read the whole thing.

Dave

Something clever here.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
yeah i get in trouble for posting at work, if i get caught.
i normally just search classifieds. plus i frequent a couple other forums, but after i went to deer camp this year with future father-in-law i just thought i had to post and say how great your set up is!

our "camp" was 4 people on 12acres in A tent. not to mention the locals that were shooting and yelling. we never heard bullets whizzing by so we hope it was just shooting in the air!?

i would love to get a place but right now land is crazy around here. like $5000plus per acre.

keep us updated and happy hunting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I still think this thread should have it's own niche on this forum.I have heard nothing from my email to the admin nor had any answer to my post below in the contact admin section.If you all agree this is a worthwhile post to have it's own section here please post your opinion and email admin.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I still think this thread should have it's own niche on this forum.I have heard nothing from my email to the admin nor had any answer to my post below in the contact admin section.If you all agree this is a worthwhile post to have it's own section here please post your opinion and email admin.

Stan

Well worth a sticky IMO. Just PM Rick Bin and he'll set you up. Putting it in the admin section you'll get the Sysop and who knows what he'll do grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you guys is crazy grin

sometimes I think it should slide off the page any time grin

it's just a little story about a shack in the woods. Well, I guess there's a bit more to it than that but still. I get embarased. This thread puts my heart out on my sleave & that's honestly a bit out of caracter for me, I'm honestly a bit of a cold guy...

we did just come home from the shack & tuely it is a wonderful place.

As long as anyone is curious i'll keep putting up news & sharing the happenings...

I just can't believe this thing has grown so huge.

you guys are just too nice.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,I fully understand what you are saying above but what you have done is worth all of us keeping up with and by virtue of the internet,participating in.I did PM Rick Bin.

Stan

EDIT:Pugs,you were correct.Rick Bin did sticky it as I requested.

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 04/13/08.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Holy cow, ya glued it to the top of the page Stan!!

Too funny, I'm not so sure that just because it's so dang long makes it worthy but I'll try to keep updates with pictures posted.

Dave

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well golly gee 'ol heck Dave! Yer gonna be famous! Remember the little people! laugh

Naw but seriously, this thread deserves to be stickied. The people that don't have the privelage to visit the shack like I do deserve to see the progress with the sauna etc and how the shack not only brought friends and relatives closer together but a bunch of dang fine folks that post here on the campfire as well. The shack is a good place. I just may have a little something in the works for it...... whistle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
-snip- The shack is a good place. I just may have a little something in the works for it...... whistle

Did you hit a racoon on your way to work or something?

I guess that would look OK tween the fox & the coyote....

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just have to wait and see... whistle whistle

Did you hit a racoon on your way to work or something?

I guess that would look OK tween the fox & the coyote....

[/quote]

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well here goes...my first post. I'm the other half to Northern Dave. I'm not sure how to do this so please bare with me. I've been following this post since Dave showed it to me shortly after he started it.

I have to thank everyone for the kind words, encouragement, suggestions, and simply all the fun that has come with this thread. Please keep following the thread because this summer we will have more pictures to post with the sauna being added and all the "summer" fun that comes along with all the other projects like deer stands and making more trails. Who knows maybe this hunting season I can finally shoot another deer, its been along time in between...18 yrs to be exact. Marriage and children kinda put a wrench into my hunting plans for awhile.

I know that the healing memories made by building the cabin and the memories to come with all our family and friends will be plentifull. Hopefully I can post from time to time, and I'll try to not be as sappy next time. So for now, I'll sign off.

Once again, thanks to all who have traveled with us during "the birth of a deer camp".
Pam

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well if Mrs.NorthernDave didn't just push this thread into "All time best thread" teritory , cool

Welcome Pam ,Looking forward to reading your posts. And don't worry , lot's of folks will be rooting for you to get a bigger deer than Dave this fall. grin

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I'll be!

Good job ma, but what took you so long? grin

Seriously, I can use some help with this now & then you know smile

Aint she somethin guys?

Bout time we get a poster on this thread that can spell too.

grin

Dave

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Howdy Ma and Welcome! cool

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Mrs. NorthernDave,

First and Foremost Thanks for your support of Ole Dave with this camp. My wife supports my hunting habits too yet alot of guys I know only dream of the kind of support and friendship you show to your family and Dave.. So just incase he doesn't say it enough and I know he does, but anyway Thankyou... It's Nice to see in other hunting families too..

Now Dave I have somethings you may consider doing for your camp. First time this year one of the guys at camp, a new guy at that brought in a traveling guitar. He played for us with alot of different types of music also singing the songs too. From Country to Good Ole RocknRoll. It was a BALL listening to him and some of the guys joined in too, well we all did. Might consider that or a harmonica or something and have camp music from all around the members its good for the Soul and Spirit.. Just a thought.

You might also add a Hamock for those days outside in the fall meant for a nap in the suns warmth. We have one in camp and seems everyone fights for it sometimes...LOL

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks wabster, I think we all know how to operate a hammock at my camp but I don't think there is a single one of us that can operate a musical instrument. Pam has an old piano that needs a good home. But I don�t know if we have anybody that knows how to play it?

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh good Lord! Don't tell my wife about the piano northern daves-a-suz. She will be pointing the truck north in no time flat and I'll probably be left at home to figure out where the heck its going to fit in our house! shocked

But back to the camp music. Wouldn't it be funny to be sitting around the campfire with dueling banjo's? It would be like northern daveliverance! grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
your scaring me man.

no banjos!!

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Miz ND,
It is good of you to think enough of this motley group to bless us with your presence.Thank you.We appreciate your support of Dave and the "deer camp".It allows many of us,myself included,to enjoy the cabin almost as much as you do.
I think one reason I enjoy hearing about the cabin so much is that at one time I had just such a place and for four years I lived there full time.By way of explanation,on January 1,1985 I was supposed to be on my way from Atlanta,Ga. to Miami,Fl to be project accountant on a construction project.I had worked for this company for 14 years.I was fresh out of a divorce.In short I was burned out with everything.I had recently purchased 10 acres in the mountains of northern Georgia.The land next to me was a 10,000 acre wildlife management area.
I turned my truck around on the freeway,went back to my office and resigned and walked out the door.I never looked back.
I moved my travel trailer up to the property and spent the next year building my cabin.Driving your own nails is a labor of love.I lived there,as I said,for four years.Had a shooting range off of the front porch if I so desired.It was great.
I later remarried and remain that way happily for some 20 years now.We lived our first six months of married life at the cabin,later moved to town and sold the place.We have always looked back on that time with much pleasure.So I guess that's why I enjoy hearing so much about your place.
Thanks.

Stan

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome story Stan, like something out of a movie.

Last edited by northern_dave; 04/17/08.

Something clever here.

Page 34 of 1,842 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.