Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Willard Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'd like to hear from you other waterfowlers in different parts of the US. This is the time I concentrate on waterfowling on the Texas plains. There are good numbers of geese down our usual duck haunts are not producing in great numbers yet. I'm thinking there are still a lot more ducks that haven't come down the flyway. How is the hunting in your area?

Willard

...just another log thrown on the fire.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We finnaly got some cold weather in the Central flyway, upper midwest, and the birds are on the move. Weve been clobbering the geese real heavy in the Northen IL. area. Its almost obscene how good the goose hunting is up here. With the wind from the NW the birds need the grain real bad and we do layout hunts over big spreads of "Real Geese" silhouttes, bout 30 dozen+ .

We also have a pit in soybeans, but now its almost all layouts in the corn. I use a Gooseview Destroyer layout blind, completely bruch with corn crap. Two days ago, after filling out with 2 geese apiece, we had about 50 Canadas land in our dekes and walk around us for 20 mins.

If the ducks arent down by you they will be soon. Weve been seing trememndous numbers of flight birds rideing that NW wind. Southern IL. had tons of ducks a few weeks ago, these birds moved on, but theyv gotten fresh birds recently. With the coming weather this week Willard your going to be seeing "new birds" in the coming weeks. I hope your stocked up on shotgun shells.................10
"http://www.hunt101.com/?p=75683&c=500&z=1"

"Like with any House of Prostitution we ought to charge admission at the United Nations building"

"Even better, we should bulldoze it down and put a public shooting range in its place." "We'd be a safer country for it".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (300_savage, AB2506, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 662 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,224
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.