Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for the clarifications Rick, I know for sure I wasn't scraping off any steel epoxy with my mini-screwdriver!

Empirical results rule!
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got four of the X Mark Pro triggers on back order and when I get them I'll post some close up pictures.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good deal, I'll be on the lookout...

Empirical results rule!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I would not even consider "replacing" any of the X-Mark triggers on my Rifles!
They are excellent triggers. Let off is crisp, without creep and very consistent - according to my Schrader Trigger Pull Gauge anyway.
The "stuff", "epoxy", "shellac" or "new stuff" is actually a sealant treated with a radioactive material that is detected by equipment the folks at Remington (and their LAWYERS!) use to see if the trigger has been accessed (adjusted!).
I have not had any trouble lightening the trigger pull on my new X-Mark triggers at all. I use a double coat of fingernail polish to keep the screws or allen head screws from changing position after I am done adjusting them.
Use caution, follow instructions and re-seal the adjustment screws when done.
Remington bolt action Rifle triggers are easy for me to adjust and if I can do it just about anyone can.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
LESSON learned when I was new to this: adjusted the trigger according to instructions I got from a friend, but went too light apparently. Passed all the tests at home, slammed the bolt shut several times and wacked the butt hard.

The only think I DIDN'T do was flip the safety on and off. So, when I got to the range and was already on the sandbags and loaded, I flipped the safety off and boom...

A great lesson learned, not only about triggers but about always following gun safety rules. Gun was pointed in a safe direction at all times.

IC B2

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Remington triggers are easy to adjust. Ive done both of my 700 BDL s. A small wrench and screwdriver is all thats needed I believe its been a while. The important thing to do afterwards make sure when the rifle is jarred it wont go off! I generally slap the butt of the gun with a rubber mallet or bounce it off a carpet floor. Yes you have to burn the epoxy off with a small quick flame. Books are avail from Brownells or online maybe their is detailed info. Again dont take up too much travel or make the trigger too dangerous or light. Mine is probably between 2 and three pounds. Do it your self but make it safe. good luck

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Check this out for some basic instructions.

Model 600s in 308 Win and 6mm Rem, nuther one rebarreled to 22-250, matched pair of Model 660's in 6.5mm Rem Mag and 350 Rem Mag, NEED a 660 in 222.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Kcoyboy
Remington triggers are easy to adjust. Ive done both of my 700 BDL s. A small wrench and screwdriver is all thats needed I believe its been a while. The important thing to do afterwards make sure when the rifle is jarred it wont go off! I generally slap the butt of the gun with a rubber mallet or bounce it off a carpet floor. Yes you have to burn the epoxy off with a small quick flame. Books are avail from Brownells or online maybe their is detailed info. Again dont take up too much travel or make the trigger too dangerous or light. Mine is probably between 2 and three pounds. Do it your self but make it safe. good luck

What did you use the "small wrench" for????

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.