Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I got back from RSA almost exactly a year ago and to paraphrase Jack O'Connor, I itch all over and am still unable to relish my vittles! I want to go back in the worst way! This year's crop of African Adventurers should be starting to get back to their homes in Canada and the US so let's see some photos!

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our Safari Season is a ways off yet. Dangerous game starts gettin good in July. Did you ever get any of the three DVD's I sent your way? We an still use one more this July on the Buff/Ele hunt and I am already planning next years 24hrcf dangerous game adventure. What would YOU want to do for a hunt next year? Having a Safari planned and in the works helps the 'gotta get back' syndrome a lot... smile smile

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I figure mid-May to mid-June is when most will be back to torture us with their posts and pic's... cry

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably true of the plains game hunters. If I can figure out how to post pictures here I will post a monster Elephant we took last year and a few other 'temptations'.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Mark

I got the DVD in Sask last week. Bummer was that it wouldn't play on any of the three DVD players at my parents' house. Got to the brother and sister-in-law's place and it worked like a charm...right up to 17:58 when it promptly ground to a frozen halt. I'll be home tomorrow and try it in the laptop and my DVD player.

But the short answer is, yes, I did get a copy. And I appreciate all the hassle it took!

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These DVD copies do not work in older DVD players. Best bet is in a computer. Trying to work out the bugs on the project...

I hope that by 17:58 you got to see the two Elephant kills.

So, what kind of hunt will tempt you the most to come on the 24hrcf '09 hunt?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Picking up my first client tomorow morning for a laid back 14 day hunt. Then a couple of days before the next client and then from June it picks up whereby I have no days open in August and then starts to slow down in September. So our busiest time is August this year. One nice thing about the earlier hunts is the rutting of kudu and impala always nice to hear and see though.

Then hopefully from Ocotober it will be some big game action with buff and elephant in Zim and Namibia. Depending on what happens in Zim of course.

Last edited by Mpumelelo; 04/19/08.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,469
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.