Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I mean questioned Gary Turner or somone else as to why they do not, and seemingly will not make a super low mount lightweight for optics? Something that would accomodate the 36mm stuff or smaller? There surely is a market for it, considerig all the people complaining about it.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Why don't you call him? He is a nice fellow and he would be glad to talk to you about it. If you have a telephone, why waste time asking someone else to find out something that you can find out for yourself?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I am new here where is this man to call about the talley mounts in a lower version? Thanks,Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickOShay
Why don't you call him? He is a nice fellow and he would be glad to talk to you about it. If you have a telephone, why waste time asking someone else to find out something that you can find out for yourself?

Uhhhhhh, and maybe you need reminding that this is an internet forum. That's what is done here.

And, I'd be interested if anyone has an answer to ULA's question - it's a legit question.

I too have pondered this - but it hasn't kept me up at night so I've held off on calling Mr. Talley. crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just figured no need to re-invent the wheel here, if someone has already called them about this issue.

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just read the above old thread, thanks for posting. Lots of people asking my same question it appears.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've asked both Gary Turner and Dave Talley. Basically neither answered the question very well yet. They did finally start making Stainless mounts, and that was the other question I asked......................................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks djpainless, sounds like they are just not wanting to make them.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Here are some lightweight ring & base from Rifles Inc. I do not
know the height.

http://www.riflesinc.com/accessories.htm

IC B3

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They are either Talleys, or total Talley copies, I am guessing.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am wondering if bolt clearance is a factor in not making it any lower.
Or maybe if it could be lowered, it would be only for a select few rifle models with certain barrel contours or scopes with certain diameters on back side.
I think it just gets more complicated from their aspect of the business.
Only they know the real reason.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ULA24
I mean questioned Gary Turner or somone else as to why they do not, and seemingly will not make a super low mount lightweight for optics? Something that would accomodate the 36mm stuff or smaller? There surely is a market for it, considerig all the people complaining about it.

Are you referring to their vertical split rings?

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

J
J
Nobody called me.

Sorry everyone I couldn't resist. My last name is really Talley, but afraid I am not the Talley everyone is wanting to talk to.

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Damn, you fooled me there for a minute. I thought the big cheese was responding!

DMB--no, they are the horizontal split rings.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ULA24
DMB--no, they are the horizontal split rings.

I would think that making the horizontal split rings in low wouldn't be a difficult design to build.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With so many people wanting lower rings and a obvious demand you would think it would be best to go forward with production or people start to go elsewhere.

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

I'd be trading out a whole pile of Leupold bases/rings if Talley made low's that were actually LOW. While I'm not tickled with some of my setups having the rear windage screws, it's more important to me to have my scopes mounted as low as possible. I've held off replacing them with the hope that Talley will see the light. (very little light beneath the objective <grin>)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have mounted a Leupold 10X on a pre-64 Winchester to use for some load testing. The mounts are the Talley lighweight aluminum ones. If they were lower there would be bolt clearance problems as Heeman mentioned above, so that is probably why it hasn't been done. The Leupold ocular isn't that large, either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
+1

I'd be trading out a whole pile of Leupold bases/rings if Talley made low's that were actually LOW. While I'm not tickled with some of my setups having the rear windage screws, it's more important to me to have my scopes mounted as low as possible.

A big +1 tp that excellent post. I'd do likewise.

I'd order a set for my BLR tomorrow- IF they were lower. The comb of that rifle is such even the low Loopy mounts are on the high side; can't go ANY higher.

Luckily the comb of my Kimber Montana works fine with the Talleys.

Like in that song "Alice's Resturaunt" (how the HELL do you spell that??) ... if three of us complain, it's just guys bitchin'... if enough of us complain, it'll start a revolution <g>.

-jeff

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,249
Posts18,504,670
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.