Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Murphy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Oh, not the usual kind, I have a real home. I have a nice house and even have a 160 acre farm which is mostly a shooting range, and I have more than I deserve in life.

What I am looking for is a NET home...specifically a guns and shooting web site home. I've been on the 24hr before, several times and it seems pretty big. I guess I need to learn my way around. I'm not exactly brand new to shooting, or loading or hunting. I started shooting at age four, I started handloading when I was sixteen, and I've hunted since I was five, with dad, of course and big game on my own since I was about 11. I've hunted in twenty some states and on four different continents. I've been on eight African safaris in four countries. I had a commercial reloading business for 22 years and have loaded for just about everything from the 17 Bee to the 600 Nitro Express. I have developed over fifty wildcats, had reamers and dies made and developed load data for them. I've done contract work for an ammo company and a bullet company running pressure and velocity equipment and loading ammo and shooting a little to test how things went together. I'm an electronics engineer by trade but I've done some shooting over the years, won a couple of major events in the Navy. But it seems so much is missing in my gun and shooting world today. What do you guys do here? Do ya talk about guns and such? About hunting and shooting and loading and testing the next caliber? I'll hang a round a while if ya let me and try to learn a thing or two from you guys. How does a guy pay his dues here?

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've been wondering the same. Lots of 'dudes' asking questions about what they should wear to work. Oh well, it's a new age.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
P.S. Where in AK are you? I'm currently in Ketchikan.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dues?? Never knew we had any. I must owe Rick a bundle then. I'll give him a dollar a year for 10,000 years. Murph, you have seen us get out the brass knuckles and then pick each other up and dust 'em off when trouble hits. Just go ahead and jump in. The water is fulla sharks......

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome Murphy!

It's kinda seasonal around here. In the off season things often turn to varmint calibers, then migrate to the larger stuff towards the Fall.

Pull up a log and jump in whenever you get ready.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Murphy....you the guy that wrote that law?

Welcome anyway wink

check out the specialty forums below....I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.....this one is mostly for general BSing and hoorahhing each other

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
P.S. Where in AK are you? I'm currently in Ketchikan.

160 acre farm- I wonder if he has buffalo?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Murphy

Pull up a log and join us whenever you feel like it, there is a world of knowledge here in all aspects of the shooting sports. I've learned over the years that in whatever your intrests are you never know it all, but there is always something new and doesn't always come from the so called experts on any subject sometimes it comes from someone you may consider to be green or new to the sport. If you don't come off as an kmow it all you'll fit in just fine as the members here do have a definite way of seperating the wheat from the chaff.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Murphy, looks to me like you might be the kind of guy that a bunch of us might learn something from. Not all of us,of course, as there are a few here that know all there is to know about everything. And more, me included, that know more and more about less and less every day. Looking forward to the day when we know all there is to know about nothing. grin

So, drag up a log and lets' begin....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Murphy

If you go to the GUNWRITERS section and read the thread called "Opinions of Jon Sundra" You'll see a list of who's who writers on the forums. Probably recognize a name or two!!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just jump in wherever you want. This place is pretty clique-free and has just the right amount of moderation.

The one requirement was that you support Ron Paul, but his candidacy went south so now there are none. We even allow lawyers...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most all the regulars here been rode hard,.....put away wet.

Dittos on dusting up, and falling right back into comeraderie.

I think Murph's handle should be "Politenessman"......

,,,,dim lurking memory of some comic book character with a hankie of steel.

pull up a stump, Murph,....keep your hip waders handy,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It do get a wee deep at times...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
M
Murphy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm not used to that. I didn't know if I should wipe my boots first.

I'm in Fairbanks, that's in Alaska and it is a state now. It isn't close to anywhere else.

My farm is my home in Missouri, my retirement community. I raise deer and wild turkey, got a couple of bob cats and coyotes I'm savin' for somthin' to call up when I get back. No buffalo though.

I know you guys have more than your share of celebrities. I have had the honor of meeting a couple of them, both named Ken, though I doubt either would remember me. One was hard at work setting up his equipment and one was ...well you know how K.H. is with an audience.

Anyway I'll drag up a log a listen a while, maybe spin a yarn over on the loading and shooting side. Thanks again and no loaded rifles in camp, right?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Wanna buy a buffalo... grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loaded rifles is one of them "sensitive" subjects...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't say about loaded rifles, but there are a lot of regulars who get loaded around the campfire, if they don't show up that way...

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since you've been here over 2 years, and 120 posts, I'd think you'd know if your staying or traveling through.

Brian

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Easy, BeeDub! That moderatin' can be a tough row to hoe. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I suggest that we assign Murphy to huntin' down this Sysops fellow....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 1911a1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 14,659 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,071
Posts18,541,272
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.