<BR> [Linked Image] <P><BR>A VISITOR FROM THE PAST<P><BR>I had a dream the other night, I didn't understand. <BR>A figure walking through the mist, with flintlock in his hand. <BR>His clothes were torn and dirty, as he stood there by my bed. <BR>He took off his three-cornered hat, and speaking low, he said; <P>We fought a revolution to secure our liberty. <BR>We wrote the Constitution as a shield from tyranny, <BR>For future generations, this legacy we gave. <BR>Is this the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave? <P>The freedom we secured for you, we hoped you'd always keep, <BR>but tyrants labored endlessly while your parents were asleep. <BR>Your freedom gone, your courage lost, you're no more than a slave, <BR>In this, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. <P>You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun. <BR>Permits to start a business, or to build a place for one. <BR>On land you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent, <BR>Although you have no voice in choosing how the money is spent. <P>Your children must attend a school that doesn't educate, <BR>Your religious values can't be taught according to the state, <BR>You read about current news, in a regulated press, <BR>You pay a tax you do not owe, to please the I.R.S. <P>Your money is no longer made of silver and gold, <BR>You trade your wealth for paper, so your life can be controlled. <BR>You pay for crimes that make our Nation turn from God in shame <BR>You've taken satans number as you've traded in your name. <P>You've given government control, to those who do you harm, <BR>So they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm. <BR>And keep our country deep in debt, put men of God in jail, <BR>Harass your fellow countrymen, while corrupted courts prevail. <P>Your public servants don't uphold the solemn oath they've sworn <BR>Your daughters visit doctors, so their children won't be born. <BR>Your leaders ship artillery and guns to foreign shores, <BR>And send your sons to slaughter, fighting other peoples wars. <P>Can you regain the freedom for which we fought and died? <BR>Or don't you have the courage, or the faith to stand with pride? <BR>Are there no more values for which you'll fight to save? <BR>Or do you wish your children, to live in fear as slaves? <P>People of the Republic, arise and take a stand! <BR>Defend the Constitution, The Supreme Law of the Land! <BR>Preserve our Great Republic, and God-Given Right! <BR>And pray to God, to keep the torch of freedom burning bright! <P>As I awoke he vanished in the mist, from whence he came. <BR>His words were true, we are not free, and we, ourselves to blame. <BR>For even now as tyrants trample each God-given right. <BR>We only watch and tremble, to afraid to stand and fight! <P>If he stood by your bedside in a dream, while you're asleep, <BR>And wonders what remains of our Rights he fought to keep. <BR>What would be your answer, if he called from the grave, <BR>Is this the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave? <P><BR>Author Unknown <P>