Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here is the latest and "greatest" gun show regulation bill proposed in Congress. It would require the following: <P>1) Private gun sales to be made through a dealer with a background check;<BR>2) Gun show promoters to register with the BATF and pay a fee; and<BR>3) Dealers to report all transactions of private gun sales to the BATF.<P>In other words, S.767 would see to <BR>it that all private gun sales between individuals were federally banned. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. <BR>Do the twenty cosponsors of this bill think that criminals will suddenly begin to transfer their weapons through the BATF? Of course not. They want to register all the LEGAL weapons in America.<P>CONTACT YOUR U.S. SENATORS TO OPPOSE THIS BILL! <BR><A HREF="http://capwiz.com/kba/dbq/officials" TARGET=_blank>http://capwiz.com/kba/dbq/officials</A> <P><P>------------------<BR>Lest not we forget, America is a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, spread your knowledge, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has this bill been introduced yet? I can't find any reference to it in my searches. Where can I find more info on it?

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
<A HREF="http://thomas.loc.gov/" TARGET=_blank>http://thomas.loc.gov/</A><P>enter the bill # 767<P>you'll get all the details.<P>It was entered 4/24/01<P>------------------<BR>Lest not we forget, America is a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, spread your knowledge, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
don't leave out the "S" for Senate<P>s767

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, I am working on a response to my Senators, if you have any verbage you have developed as arguments against this bill could I use it? I would rewrite it into my own response. I ask because sometimes it is time consuming to research the bill and the "real" facts surrounding its assumptions and it would be easier for most of us if there could be a clearinghouse for supporting language for our responses. Does the NRA, SAF or CCRKBA do this for us?

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 70 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,437
Posts18,507,672
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.