-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody had any experience with the Bradley Alias II? It's a self-proclaimed Sebenza knock-off - real close to just ordering a small classic Sebbie (after solid counsel), but see this knife is at least made of very similar materials and two can be had for the price of one Sebbie. Build and tolerances I would suspect are higher on the CR knives, but just thought I'd see if anyone has real experience with the Bradley.

I'd also love to see some responses with photos of Sebbies that have really been used - I understand the titanium looks rough pretty fast (which is no big deal to me really, just thought it would be nice to see if they are getting use). Journeyman's looks to be in great shape for an EDC - wondering if the Micarta helps to fend off scratches, etc.

Bradley Alias II

[Linked Image]

Sebenza
[Linked Image]

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, d b,

Sorry for the delayed response - just heard back from my pard. The knife he had was an Alias I, and, per he, the reason he returned it was twofold. First, was that the monolock was at about 75% or so coverage when he received it, allowing very little room for breakin - and when he hit the face of the lockbar with a file it scored. The Sebenza lockface is flame hardened and won't score. Reason 2 was he'd just been through a bad chipping episode with the Benchmade built (as is the Bradley) Ritter in S30V and just couldn't trust Benchmade's heat treat/experience with that steel at that time.

He says now may be a totally different deal and he likes the design (and trusts Benchmade) so much he'd give it another whirl...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And, as to the wear on the Sebbie. The BG42 model I carried near daily for 12 years is the one I had refurbed per our PM and it looks brand new for $30something...

The micarta knife in the other pic hasn't yet been used on the ranch as it just recently replaced the old one and it's just now spring. I'll post a pic of it this fall. I will say that I carry it in a Mission Wallet from Bladeart that keeps it VERY protected in the pocket - and it fits the wallet like it was the model used for the wallet's design...

Bladeart Mission Wallet

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Much appreciated on the posts. Gonna give the small Classic Sebbie a try - just went with the plain.

db

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm, just saw your PM on that even though the little envelope wasn't flashing...my boy must have been at work on my account again! Anyway - congrats!!!!!!!! and fingers crossed!!!!

Hope the "underwhelmed" syndrome I mentioned doesn't strike - wink

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 1234, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 18,618 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,851
Posts18,537,468
Members74,050
Most Online20,410
9 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.