Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Over did it this weekend relocating a large tree. So this morning ive been on my back porch sniping mice that I baited up by my bird feeders.

Life is good.

Hoot 4 - Mice 0 .......I know a hand full of rat poison would work better...but not as much fun.

ALCOHOL TOBACCO & FIREARMS
Should be a covenience store, not a government agency.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hoot,

Details man! Details! What were you shooting them with? With holding vital shooting info is akin to cruel and unusual punishmnet! Is that against the constitution or something? wink

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yea, we need intel. What kind of 22?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Just my little lever action with subsonics. I baited them with some bran muffin my wife made. You'd think that alone would kill them. Using a chair as a rest. What a fun day...But I think I'm running out of rats.

Also ran a test. Shot an armadillo in the neck with a subsonic....flopped around like a chicken. It took 6 minutes for the buzzards to find it.

was a fun day....Back at work today...Where they frown on me being armed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you. The muffin thing is funny.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yea, Hoot can be brave saying that about his wife's cooking because she's not reading this post! wink *teasin'*

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Hoot

<snip>

I baited them with some bran muffin my wife made. You'd think that alone would kill them.

<snip>

Those can be used as WEAPONS OF MASS MOUSE DESTRUCTION...?

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Im sure you guys will have the good taste not to mention that to Mrs. Hoot....

She said It was some mishap with the baking powder...

Im not going to press the issue.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
An old gunsmith used to live across the street from me. He fitted a 40inch (yeah you read it right) barrel to an old bolt action .410 shotgun. He shot starlings and rabbits right in the middle of town with no one the wiser (he said). Seems the long barrel silenced the thing down to just a pop.

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
An old gunsmith used to live across the street from me. He fitted a 40inch (yeah you read it right) barrel to an old bolt action .410 shotgun. He shot starlings and rabbits right in the middle of town with no one the wiser (he said). Seems the long barrel silenced the thing down to just a pop.

Wish I hadn't just read that...... Now I gotta find a 40 inch .410 barrel... you know, to verify the GS's story! (pigeon control) smile

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Cou..,

Yeah, it seems the guy invented the 'metro barrel' somewhere about 1955. Which may be an idea for you. Don't know if they make a .410 'metro' but 12s are out there.

O

Too old to suffer fools
J
JAL Offline
J
I love my house and yard. In the house I can shoot Long Zs or cb longs at 13 yards. . . but not at mice. In the yard, 16 yards easy. Cats and snakes got all the mice, so I bought the dog a resetable steel rat. He couldn't give a rats for the target, but he loves his guns going off.

So much so I can't take him out to the range as he goes bananas.
Hunting, he knows he has to be quite and calm.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Jal,

YOU SHOOT IN THE HOUSE!?!

Too old to suffer fools
J
JAL Offline
J
Doesn't everyone?

J
JAL Offline
J
What,no comments? Maybe I can kick it along.

I first started shooting in my house when I was about 4. With a pop gun. It was murder on flies.

The first range I fired on was indoors. (and it was full of people.)

Since then there wasn't much reason to shoot indoors, but a few people I visited had indoor ranges in their house, mostly for .177 target air pistol practise.

As far as I know, Win. .22 Long Z's, the Z stands for Zimmer, which I think is German for "Room". IE. shoot in a room.

In my present house, the kids have left home, my wife works, the downstairs area lends its self to 13m. past a door, chain locked from the inside. The backstop is against the brick garage wall, and consists of a large sand bag.

I use a bench rest to test various types inc. CCI cb-Longs.
For standing offhand I use the pump up air rifle on only 2 pumps.

I've also used all plastic .38cal ammo powered only by a primer in a revolver. All good clean fun... for me and the dog. smile

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by JAL
Doesn't everyone?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, NO!

My uncle once had a pickup load of sand dumped thru his basement window which he used as a backstop. He shot .22s down there which pizzed off my aunt no end! She hated the smell. He was also deathly afraid of mice and once emptied a full clip of .45ACP in the kitchen of his hunting camp trying to take one out. Another time a water moccasin dropped off a tree limb into his john boat and he emptied a clip from a Colt Woodsman into the bottom of the boat. He then rowed like a summ a b!tch the get to the dock.

My unc was an eccentric guy - the only person I ever knew who shot in the house.

O

Too old to suffer fools
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[ Another time a water moccasin dropped off a tree limb into his john boat and he emptied a clip from a Colt Woodsman into the bottom of the boat. He then rowed like a summ a b!tch the get to the dock.

now thats funny right there! laugh

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
hmm how come my previous post quote of oucast's comment didnt show up as a quote from him?

�Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.� - Henry Ford
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ruger438
hmm how come my previous post quote of oucast's comment didnt show up as a quote from him?

I dunno. Tried just to see if it would work.

Maybe you didn't drop down below [/quote] before you started typing.

Those were true stories about my unc. Didn't hit the water mocassin either.

O

Too old to suffer fools
J
JAL Offline
J
Well,if you panty-waisters can't get your head around shooting in a home, try this.

Many ranges are indoors. I have an indoor range and my wife and I happen to live above it. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.