-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, just received my small Classic Sebenza. Decided to take some shots (Chris would probably puke with the flowers and all) before putting this knife into commission. Can't say anything that hasn't been said already, either you love these or hate 'em. I was surprised at how light it is (just no weight to titanium obviously). Now I'm off to beat the [bleep] out of this knife - I've sure not seen many posted that look like they've been used. I'll report back in 6 months or so.

DB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want one. Leaning toward the small regular. When I get one, I plan on using the [bleep] out of it too.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, great close-up pictures. Did you consider any of the graphic models?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I want one. Leaning toward the small regular. When I get one, I plan on using the [bleep] out of it too.

If you're thinking of getting a Regular, you should act fast because they are being discontinued by Chris Reeve. The Classic will continue as normal. They will make the Regular only in the Annual Limited Edition with inlays going forward....for instance,

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, that is what I read. I am not fond of his new folder either. It came out this weekend (saw pictures). I could live with the classic easily. BTW, nice!!

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've heard the Regulars can be a little tougher to close (the Classic is pretty firm). Just not much room for your thumb - a little more on the classic I believe. I love the wood inlays on the Regulars (as per above) - not so much on the Classics - plus adds $100ish I think. Too me, CRK Sebenza screams for a boring, plain appearance (just as I have). Like I said, I'm gonna just use the hell out of it and not worry about how this one looks. I've seen some with mammoth ivory that just looked exceptional to me.

DB

Last edited by dakota blues; 06/01/08.

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beautiful.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some pictures of my EDC. 14 months of use.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Pics are not of the same quality as dakota blues! The knife is in better shape after 14 months than others I have carried for a similar length of time. Holds and edge great and can be touched up easy. I don't pound the crp out of it but do use it for its intended use each day.

Great knives.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Doesn't look beat up too bad at all . . . pretty simple to have one refinished if a guy ever wanted.

DB

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After all the banter I'm almost relieved you like it!

(And I'm still threatening to send you a few dozen knives to photograph!)

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Indeed I do like it - and again, thanks much for your input. Finally just going to use a knife and not care.

DB

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (BALLISTIK, 37L1, Anaconda, 338Rules, 8 invisible), 16,676 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,195
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.