-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Voting for a 3rd term for Bush is just proof of how weak the current crop of candidates are. None of the above actually inspire anything in me.

His legacy should be that he didn't sue for peace after 9/11 which is what Al Gore likely would have done.

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin

I'm not sure we have had a truly good president in my lifetime. If forced to pick I think Bush Sr. was probably better than most. The rest were subpar at best.

Will

Reagan

Is it any wonder the Republican party is floundering?

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
..and if it were a Dem president that almost doubled our national debt, that significantly increased the size of govt and whom tried to push for amnesty for illegals, would you feel the same?

Hear-hear.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And obstinately insisted that Islam was a 'religion of peace' that has been 'highjacked by radicals' instead of embarking on a reasoned and critical study of the prime motivation behind the terrorist movement.

Well-said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing his adolescent drive did was kill a few tens of thousands of terrorists and make it a far less attractive occupation for young Muslims unless they are really serious about the suicide thing.

And it doesn't take a great deal of study to conclude that dead terrorists aren't going to blow anything up.

It is also rather naive to think that the administration's nods to political correctness and maintaining decent relations with other Muslim-ruled states reflect the secret internal discussions of the administration on Islamofascism. I mean.....you can't simultaneously argue that his cowboy adventurism has alienated the Muslim world but that his callling Islam a religion of peace is reflective of a stupid naivete and excessive sucking up to them. But on the other hand, I guess you can, since logical consistency has never stood in the way of Bush-bashing

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
Yeah, I know, it's a real bich when you can't have a "cost-free" war!

You know perfectly well the war is only a small percentage(maybe 20%) of the debt our country has incurred under GW's watch.

It's his domestic agenda that has significantly increased the size and scope of govt which has led to the out of control spending.

It took us what, 200+ years to get to $5.8 Trillion in debt and less than 8 years to almost double it. Bush is no Conservative and the Republican brand has forgotten what fiscal responsibility means. Dems gave us cotton candy so the Repubs try to outdo them by giving us funnel cakes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Is that from the Weekly Standard?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't think Lewie Rockwell or Fred Reed wrote it!!

so who did?,.. Fred Barnes or William Kristol?

Dude, can't you follow logic? It was within Isaacs post, therefore Isaac wrote it. Duh.

Some people make a rock look intelligent.

Hey what are all those words at the top....grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is also rather naive to think that the administration's nods to political correctness and maintaining decent relations with other Muslim-ruled states reflect the secret internal discussions of the administration on Islamofascism.

Don't you mean maintaining viable business ties to his families historical partners, the Saudis?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But on the other hand, I guess you can, since logical consistency has never stood in the way of Bush-bashing

Facts are now considered bashing?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards

Bush is presiding over the worst economic period since the great Depression. An oilman in the Whitehouse during the biggest run up of oil prices in history. Draw your own conclusions.

Everything else we could discuss. The two issues above are absolute nonsense and totally erode your credibility. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
As if it could be eroded any further!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
One thing his adolescent drive did was kill a few tens of thousands of terrorists and make it a far less attractive occupation for young Muslims unless they are really serious about the suicide thing.

And it doesn't take a great deal of study to conclude that dead terrorists aren't going to blow anything up.

It is also rather naive to think that the administration's nods to political correctness and maintaining decent relations with other Muslim-ruled states reflect the secret internal discussions of the administration on Islamofascism. I mean.....you can't simultaneously argue that his cowboy adventurism has alienated the Muslim world but that his callling Islam a religion of peace is reflective of a stupid naivete and excessive sucking up to them. But on the other hand, I guess you can, since logical consistency has never stood in the way of Bush-bashing

Like saying we've killed, "a few tens of thousands of terrorists ".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The biggest problem I have with Bush aside from illegal immigration, is is inability to unwillingness to answer his critics.

There we always be loons in this country, loons who will make wild allegations; and he allowed them to voice and continue to voice wild allegations without ever calling them out. He allowed the allegations to snowball and damn near create hysteria before he would even make a token effort to defend his decisions...or else the allegations were true.

WMD's, he should have been out front:
"Mr. Kerry. did you not say?"
"Mrs. Pelosi, you saw the same intel I did, why on this date did you say the following."
"You in the press need to ask the last President why on this date he said..." You might contend a president should not be spending his time in this fashion; well if he would have answered back the first few times, he wouldn't have had to...instead he embolden them to continue on.

He should have attacked back but instead I think a streak of arrogance left him ignoring the people who were building a legacy against him.

Remember the internet clip going around showing all the democrats supporting going into Iraq becasue of WMD? I would have stood at the podium while it played behind me, and then pointed at the camera and made my case. Do it one time, and your political foes would have thought twice before making up the next wild allegation.

No, I don't think he was one of the best, his inability to take on his political foes (which every president has) allowed them to create hysteria in this country, and help liberals enlist a generation of young people who fell for the hysteria. It's all part of the job.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It would have made for an interesting administration if, in addition to fighting the Long War, Bush had tried to take on the democrats and endured the media wars that Reagan did.....the meme would have been....cruel cut in aid to the poor....no federal help for failing schools.....old people eating cat food......all the old canards used against Reagan, and against the Republican congress under Clinton.

Instead, he just rolled over, let them spend, and got on with the wars. If he'd successfully opposed the prescription drug benefit....which he obviously should have....that would be the only thing you'd have heard from the democrats and media ever since. Ditto NCLB. Immigration was a self-inflicted wound, though, since the people would overwhelmingly support him if he'd come down for the fence and secure borders. Of course, he'd have been excoriated as a racist, and that would be one of the themes of the election if he'd done it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Despite the moaning and groaning from the myopic left and the mainstream media, It's important to appreciate the fact that things aren't bad - but could get worse under any Democrat plan we've seen so far.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Considering the alternatives were Gore and Kerry, I'd say we did okay.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess a person can always say, "Bush is better than Clinton". The economy was better under Clinton though.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yet another witty comeback without any substance. Is the extent of your defenses "if it don't fit, you must aquit,"?

smirk

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In what way?....unemployment is lower and interest rates are lower under Bush. Taxes are lower. Stock market has almost doubled.

Remember the great crash of 2000?

The difference, I would suggest, is how the media has played it.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10gaugemag, 308ld, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,630
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.