Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mike375 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
There numbers are far smaller in both our countries, but they control the agenda.<BR>How did they do it?<P>Mike <P> <BR>

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You are kidding right? I love this board and did shooters at one time. I The people are great and knowledgeable and show commraderie that is unsurp***ed. We even go so far as to plan get togethers, hunting trips, and small trips just to meet one another. Our dedication to each other and what we like to do is unfounded. What I don't understand is how we can spend all this time planning hunts and trips, but yet not one of us (MYSELF included) has done anything to voice our beliefs in a format to be heard where we NEED to be heard. Don't get me wrong I am just as if not more guilty than any one else at not doing anything to protect our right. Sure when one of the people I work with makes a blatantly stupid statement about gun control I jump on them like a bear protecting her cub. Just last week a gal in the office was complaining about how guns are what make a violent society and they need to banned. She was raped by some lunatic with a gun and to add insult to injury she ended up getting pregnant. She CHOSE not to have the baby. Yet when I esxplained if we lose this right to bear arms (which may have prevented this tragic event)then her right to choose would be the next to go and she would be looking into the face of child with such a sad memory for the rest of her life because she lost her right to choose she changed her story. <P>We all obviously have access to email and can probably afford a role of stamps each month where we can send letters/emails to anyone and everyone who will listen. We have to get involved in our sport in a whole new way. We need to stand up not only to them but for ourselves. If you have a wife or better half or significant other TALK with them and have them TALK to others. Get kids involved in this and show them what they stand to lose. Turn off your televisions, push back for the computer and spend some time showing our goverment that WE the people who made this country what it is, and put these criminals in office can damn sure take them out. And it won't have to be with a gun we will do it with the power of our vote and our choice of products we buy (look at smith&wesson...). <P>What we have failed to do and the anti's are feeding on is our lack of action. You know why we are sick of hearing from them because we don't speak up often enough or barely at all. The hour long Charleton Heston NRA programs are NOT enough and don't have the impact we need. We need the same saturation level the anti's have that we are all sick of hearing about. People believe the anti's because of all the information they provide(inaccurate as it is) because they don't have anything else to compare it too or anyone else standing up on a daily basis fighting back. <P>Get involved - sign up to be a Neilson family so that the programs you do choose to watch are not in support of the anti's. Turn the fat ***es (Rosie & Oprah) OFF and start leading those you know and especially those you don't down the path back to freedom. Remind them of what they stand to lose, show them by taking one of your most stout opponents on a trip. One of the best trips I ever went on as a child was with a family friend who took me fishing with a cane pole. I can still remember the tranquility of the water, watching the steam come up off the lake as the sun came up. But what I remember the most is what he said - "one of these days our chance to do this will not exist, enjoy it now little one so you can share the memory with your little ones." And damn if he is not pretty close to predicting the future.<P>Sorry for the long post but I for one especially having the benefit of working for the airlines will be at whatever event possible that promotes our Second Amendment and will volunteer to help out anyone who is setting up an event who needs help.<P>Toons<P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The leftist libs see Second Amendment supporters as a very real threat. Butt-scratching, redneck, knuckle draggin' bubba's who either belong to a militia and want to overthrow "their" government or are secret suppliers to the underworld.<P>They organize and mobilize better and faster than us because, overall, the mainstream media feeds them with the propaganda and high profile leaders they need to remain vigilant.<P>We, on the other hand, tend to believe fervently that we are constitutionally protected and, just before the knock on the door to confiscate the 870's, 10/22's and scoped "sniper rifles", the founding fathers will be miraculously reincarnated and straighten out all the confusion.<P>There are also those who believe that their Perazzi trap guns will never be threatened so they need not worry. Many of them cannot understand why someone else feels a need to own a handgun or God-forbid, any type of firearm capable of carrying more than a few rounds at most. They tend to stay above the fray and won't lower themselves to defend the rights of others nor will they support us in that defense. It just isn't a personal thing to them.<P>Even here, in God's Country, I have acquaintances who can't understand why anyone "needs" an SKS, AR, Mini, etc. They have no problem blowing significant chunks of change buying rounds in the pub or gambling on the sports boards. They do, however, have a real problem sending any money to the NRA or a friendly politician. You see, their guns are not being threatened. And, after all, they watch TV and KNOW that the liberals don't want their hunting guns banned because people like Al Bore said so.<P>Hmmmm. Maybe I should treat myself to an afternoon pill.<P>

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good post, Twodogs, except for one blatant misstatement of fact. Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that TEXAS is God's Country and if you choose to live anywhere else you are obviously settling for second best or worse. Good Shooting up there in the frozen North.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is obviously something wrong when there are about 80 million gun owners in this country (give or take a few million) and only 3 million NRA members. Would any politician even think of messing with the NRA if it was 80 million strong? That would obviously be political suicide.<BR> As for the choice thing, what about the child's choice in such matters? That child has no say in whether or not it lives or dies. I am pro-life, so I can't help it.<BR>No, I haven't been raped, but thank God I wasn't aborted before birth either! I am less likely to get raped since I am a male, but anyway. I know it must suck to get pregnant from rape, but if she does this, will she be able to look at herself in the mirror, eye to eye? Some women have killed themselves because they did this.<BR> If your friend had a gun, she wouldn't have gotten raped.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If It Flies It Dies..<P>You're right, absolutely. Don't know what happened but I must have been out of my mind to post that. Didn't mean to mislead our other members.<P>We're over-populated, over-regulated and over-taxed. Don't even bother driving through here on vacation 'cause there's nothing left to see.<P>I think all the critters that used to be here have moved to either Montana or Colorado. Both great places to visit or relocate.<P>It's cold, lonely, isolated and miserable up here. People are leaving in droves. I think they could be moving to Texas or Kalifornia. Some place warm with lots of other people to keep them company.<P>Sorry about the earlier reference.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (12344mag, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,796
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.