Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
hey antler, will you do me a favor and show me post 9-11 how many democrats including the Clintons were calling BS on WMD in Iraq?

IIRC the chorus was singing the same song.

Nearly everybody was supportive of Bush's early post 9/11 plans...most of the Democrats, including the Clintons, were on board with most of the rest of the country. The members of Congress were lied to by Bush, so they supported it... just like the mass of America was lied to by Bush, so we supported it...no mystery there. They haven't even found so much as a can of Raid over there in Iraq.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
America was built by a good work ethic and a prudent financial disposition as much as anything else. As a nation of builders and craftsmen we were unparalleled. It is not coincidence that as Americans were taught that they and their work didn't matter they also acted as if the financial discipline that accompanied it didn't matter either.

Work and save. Save and work. The back bone of successful countries everywhere.

But history is also rife with the stories of once great countries who borrowed and spent their way into servitude. They are the also rans who got left behind as more disciplined and responsible countries passed them by.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Will, no disagreement here on the weakening of the work ethic, the rise of a borrow and consume mentality, or the general coarsening of American culture.

But I disagree that a tariff wall will cure those problems, or even ameliorate them. That problem lies within our borders....in our devo society.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't we all just agree to disagree!

But personally I think we can do better than Bush

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Will, no disagreement here on the weakening of the work ethic,

A good work ethic and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee after the factory closes down and moves to China.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, they found hundreds of tons of yellow cake uranium ore, among many other tidbits. They did not find the massive quantities of operational WMDs they expected, yet. But of course nobody has searched Syria or Iran yet....and he had months to move them.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bush= master [bleep]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And you can't cure obtuseness. Bank foreclosures amount to 2% (that two out of every one hundred) of the total mortages held. And that is as a result (mainly) of banks loaning money to people that had no business taking on that type of debt.

Gas is four dollars a gallon because demand is far exceeding supply and the Congress won't let oil companies (9% profit margin rate) drill domestically where we have plenty of oil

Why do you seem to revel in fabricating bad news? Man you must drink Maalox by the gallon. jorge

So...the Bush plan is to bail out the banks, even though the banks were "loaning money to people that had no business taking on that type of debt". Sound logic. Gas is $4 bucks a gallon because of market speculation. The recent run-up in oil prices is due more to speculation in the commodities market than to supply shortages. Fabrication? Tell 'that' to the millions of Americans who are struggling now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations, "antlers" you are now the undisputed winner of the most factless, erroneous and moronic posts on this forum. That's quite an accomplishment.

BTW, you'll find that if you swim at the deeper end of the gene pool, there's more oxygen there. But ok, I'll bite, the intelligence Bush saw was the same and independently delivered to members of Congress. It was the same intelligence that the previous administration received, as well as independent estimates from several other intelligence sources, like the british, French, Israeli and even Russian. They all said the same thing prior to Bush ever taking the oath of office.

Say, did you read what Steve No wrote about Kyoto and when it was rejected (95-0) by the Senate? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No, they found hundreds of tons of yellow cake

Don't-drop-dat-chit!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4NSZiq_-CcQ

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
hey antler, will you do me a favor and show me post 9-11 how many democrats including the Clintons were calling BS on WMD in Iraq?

IIRC the chorus was singing the same song.

Well,... there was this one,...

http://usliberals.about.com/od/extraordinaryspeeches/a/Obama2002War.htm

Excellent point.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think this somes up Bush pretty well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxyIhsSAow

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Reading and facts are not the reason his organization asked him to come here. They have a assigned agenda, my man!!

He's a planted goofball, just like a couple others.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you're babbling, man

must be shell-shock from all those terrorist attacks you've suffered through since 9-11

Yeah...the same number of terrorist attacks on our soil during the Clinton administration since the 1st WTC bombing and the end of his terms...ZERO.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I took about five minutes trying to even find wherever this started and couldn't do it, so I'll just stipulate you one and then deduct ten from your score for all the other points I made that you didn't even bother to address. Fair enough? Or not.

Assuming all the lunatics are wrong, I've always believed we were attacked basically because we are not Muslims, by and large. It doesn't help that people who are citizens here band together with the Muslims' own leaders who consistently rape them of their wealth all the while using their religion and its leaders to stir them up against the population of the west which is pretty much innocent, save for not doing anything about our own corrupt politicos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

OK...so...opinions are like a$$holes...

some more than others

And most of them stink!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Steve, what is the end game for the U.S. with globalization? What are we going to do with millions of industrial workers that will be displaced? There will not be enough demand in the service sector to employ them all, even if we were not importing millions of illegals into the country to fill the lower level service jobs. So, what are we going to do with them? Put them on welfare and increase our already over bloated entitlement class? Let them eat Cake? That didn't work to well for the French Monarchy. What are we going to do when our "globalized" U.S. enconomy will no longer support employment our population?

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plenty of industrial jobs around here. So many, in fact, they are importing asians to do them. I'm serious, Americans just don't want to come to places like this to work. Can't really blame 'em though.

Last edited by ltppowell; 06/02/08.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
you're babbling, man

must be shell-shock from all those terrorist attacks you've suffered through since 9-11

Yeah...the same number of terrorist attacks on our soil during the Clinton administration since the 1st WTC bombing and the end of his terms...ZERO.

Since embassies and US warships are legally US soil you're wrong even by your narrow definition, the two African embassies and the USS Cole were attacked under Clinton. Plus the truck bombing of the Khobar Towers barracks in Saudi Arabia. You really are clueless, man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Congratulations, "antlers" you are now the undisputed winner of the most factless, erroneous and moronic posts on this forum. That's quite an accomplishment.

BTW, you'll find that if you swim at the deeper end of the gene pool, there's more oxygen there. But ok, I'll bite, the intelligence Bush saw was the same and independently delivered to members of Congress. It was the same intelligence that the previous administration received, as well as independent estimates from several other intelligence sources, like the british, French, Israeli and even Russian. They all said the same thing prior to Bush ever taking the oath of office.

Say, did you read what Steve No wrote about Kyoto and when it was rejected (95-0) by the Senate? jorge

It's easier to insult in a faceless forum such as this, isn't it? Don't take out your frustrations on me, just because 'your guy' just happens to be the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Being a Bush supporter, you ought to be quite familiar with "factless, erroneous, and moronic"...since those terms characterize just about everything Bush ever does or says. "The buck stops at the top" unless your 'W'...then it's everybody elses fault but yours! If you want to twist and rewrite history to make yourself feel better...have at it.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 2500HD, 36 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,612
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.