Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by nemesis

Bristoe:

"The thread is 35 pages long,.... there's maybe 5 people here who would vote for Bush for a 3rd term."

Nemesis:

So Mr. Bristoe, who will be your choice in the upcoming Presidential election?

I'm gonna write in my buddy "Bill".

I may even petition him to make me his Veep.

Excuse me Mr. Bristoe, but your reply doesn't make any sense.

The two VIABLE choices in November will most likely be Obama and McCain.

Wasting your vote the way you describe will simply ensure that one of forgoing candidates will defeat the other by a larger margin.

Is it that you have some sort of problem making difficult choices, or do you just feel more comfortable not making a commitment at all, so you can then sit back and take pot shots at the ultimate winner?

Please explain..........

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't believe anyone would vote for Bush again.

In what ways are we better now that 8 friggin' years ago?

For that matter seeing the Repub's in power, both houses and the presidancy, has really soured me on them big time.

Bush has made a mess of everything he's touched. History will not be kind to the man.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Bristoe:

"The thread is 35 pages long,.... there's maybe 5 people here who would vote for Bush for a 3rd term."

Nemesis:

So Mr. Bristoe, who will be your choice in the upcoming Presidential election?

I'm gonna write in my buddy "Bill".

I may even petition him to make me his Veep.

Excuse me Mr. Bristoe, but your reply doesn't make any sense.

The two VIABLE choices in November will most likely be Obama and McCain.

Wasting your vote the way you describe will simply ensure that one of forgoing candidates will defeat the other by a larger margin.

Is it that you have some sort of problem making difficult choices, or do you just feel more comfortable not making a commitment at all, so you can then sit back and take pot shots at the ultimate winner?

Please explain..........

Explain?

I don't like the candidates that have been presented to me by the leadership of the two dominant parties,... so I'm not going to vote for them.

*shrugg*,..what's there to explain?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If the GOP marched out Charles Manson and the Democrats countered with Rosie O'Donnell,..would you still ask me to explain?

The way I see it,.. the choices we're being presented with are on that order.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
37 pages & not a single sleestack.

here ya go.
[Linked Image]

all better.

Last edited by northern_dave; 06/03/08. Reason: I bliked & it went from 35 to 37 pages :grin:

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the GOP marched out Charles Manson and the Democrats countered with Rosie O'Donnell,..would you still ask me to explain?

I don't know.....what is Charlie's view on judicial appointments?

I pretty much know Rosie's. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That's good ND, too good! grin Just to agravate the anti-thread hijacking police I am going to mix threads and tell you that as for your statement in the "Where's Bart thread" you really ought to write a book. I'd buy a copy. grin

ego operor non tutela
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gadfly
so what were you protecting in the first place.

How about a country that still recognizes individual rights like freedom of speech, freedom of (and from) religion, the right to bear arms, due process of law, ect. You don't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation, we are facing economic submersion. You've been to China and have seen how things work over there. Is that what you want for here? For your kids? It will happen if we continue to weaken our nation by exporting our manufacturing. We will be an economic basket case that an economically stronger nation (most likely China) will walk in and take over without firing a shot. How do you think your personal wealth would fare under their system?

I think you're overreacting, and over-perceiving a decline in the US industrial base.

China's GDP/cap (in PPP) is about 16% of USA today ($6400 vs $40000), similar to the relative ratio of Korea/US in 1970. It took Korea about 15 years to reach 1/4, and 20 years to reach 1/3 of US level. It is likely to take China the same or longer time given its huge size.

The US economy dominates the world and will continue to do so. After seeing China, I am less worried about them than I was before. And we are outperforming all the developed world economies. Precisely because we don't have the kind of government planned economy you're suggesting we need.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I think you're overreacting, and over-perceiving a decline in the US industrial base.

And I think you are looking at the economic situation through rose colored glasses. Our industrial base has been in sharp decline since the late-1970's, allow this to continue and we will suffer economic collapse. As Penguin pointed out to you, the only reason for the less than disasterous economic numbers is because of creative paper shuffling. Paper is meaningless. Real wealth lies in the tangible; factories, produced goods, and natural resources. In these areas we ain't lookin' too shiny right now.

Last edited by Gadfly; 06/03/08.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pardon me if I suggest that's rather outdated thinking. The power to control information and technology will determine who rules the roost going forward, not who has the most pig iron production.

US industrial output still dwarfs all our competitors, in any case.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bristoe

"I don't like the candidates that have been presented to me by the leadership of the two dominant parties,... so I'm not going to vote for them."

Nemesis

But that's exactly my point..........

I would venture to say there is no candidate that either of the dominant parties could present to you that you would like.

Everything in the fantasy land you have created is comprised of if's, and but's and maybe's, but those of us that live in the real world, know that someone must be responsible to "haul out the trash", so we do our civic duty and vote them into office.

Not sit there and whine like a child and refuse to take part in the process because you can't have the whole enchalada......

Making hard choices is part of being an adult Mr. Bristoe, why don't you try it for once, you may find that you might even enjoy it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Bristoe

"I don't like the candidates that have been presented to me by the leadership of the two dominant parties,... so I'm not going to vote for them."

Nemesis

But that's exactly my point..........

I would venture to say there is no candidate that either of the dominant parties could present to you that you would like.

Everything in the fantasy land you have created is comprised of if's, and but's and maybe's, but those of us that live in the real world, know that someone must be responsible to "haul out the trash", so we do our civic duty and vote them into office.

Not sit there and whine like a child and refuse to take part in the process because you can't have the whole enchalada......

Making hard choices is part of being an adult Mr. Bristoe, why don't you try it for once, you may find that you might even enjoy it.

I'm going to exercise my adulthood by voting the way I want to instead of the way that you want me to.

,..and yes,.. I'm going to enjoy it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nemesis, you are welcome to try to make that point with B, but I have worn out several keyboards trying to convince him.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Nemesis, you are welcome to try to make that point with B, but I have worn out several keyboards trying to convince him.

Unfortunately for you,... your powers of persuasion "pro" pale in comparison to McCain's persuasion "con".

I've tried to find something positive about McCain,.. but the man just won't work with me.

Now today, he's started pandering to Hillary's backers.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Way I see it,.. unless you're an illegal immigrant who wants to close down the gunshows and combat global warming by not drilling for oil in ANWR,... you need to look at a candidate other than McCain.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe the question that needs to be asked is; What you do you expect from U.S. corporations?

Do you expect them to be competitive with corporations from around the world? Are you happier if Airbus lands the big contact or Boeing? Shouldn't it come down to who can offer the better price or should all US airlines have to buy from Boeing?

Do you expect them to lose money for the good of a few, or should they just stick to making profits for their shareholders? Are they supposed to pay their employees $20/hr for a job that someone in another country will do for $2/hr? Are they suppose to stay in the US until they go bankrupt or are they allowed to relocate abroad if necessary?

Are they supposed to be patriots? I believe they're more patriotic than they may appear, the telecom companies were more than willing to share their data with the NSA to help combat terrorism. It was the Dems and their legal wing the ACLU that cried about that one, scared them with lawsuits, etc. Corporations have a long history of being helpful to US intelligence. Or is that just another example of Big Brother?

Do you expect corporations to lose money? Or is just paying their federal and state taxes enough? Exxon paid more in tax last year to the US government than their shareholders received in profits. Are you upset that they aren't "nicer" to people? Us corps donate millions to non-profits and charities in this country.

Someone in an earier post actually said, "My Fortune 400 employer matched our 401k contribution with company stock and that stock fell from $90 to $20..." Boo Hoo, So what, you should be grateful you received a match at all. They aren't required to match chit in your 401k, in fact, they don't even need to offer a plan at all.

This constant "corporation" bashing is bordering on the absurd. State what it is that you're PO'd about or move on. BTW, it doesn't make the slightest difference in this world where your corporation is headquartered, every country in the world will bend over backwards to provide you with incentives to invest. Are you happier when Mercedes opens a plant in SC? With no union pay? Are happier when Toyota moves to Ohio...into some factory that Ford pulled out of? You make it tough for corps to do business here, they will gladly re-incorporate Bermuda.

Corporate bashing is moronic and juvenile. I was in DC during a WTO protest where mostly teen aged kids used that as a forum to loot and vandalize private property. I asked one of the masked youth, why they wore the mask if he was so commited to the anti-corporate cause? He told me that he was about to graduate soon and that he didn't want get into any trouble that might hurt his chances for a "good job"...I said, "you mean like a job with a corporation?" "Yeah."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bristoe

"I'm going to exercise my adulthood by voting the way I want to instead of the way that you want me to."

Nemesis

Go ahead Mr. Bristoe piss your vote down the tube like the other losers out there.

At least when something happens you will be able to say "I didn't vote for that guy."

And that's exactly what you wanted all along isn't it?

To go on the battlefield after the war and shoot the wounded.

John McCain may be all that you say he is, but at least he has stepped forward and volunteered to do what he can to help run this country.

Regardless of who wins in November, we can be sure of one thing, you will be right here posting your snide, Monday morning quarterbacking, 20/20 hindsight critiques of the President to anyone who will listen.

After all, that's who you are isn't it?

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Me, too! I'd vote for Bush....if I liked liars....if I didn't cherish traditional American values....if I didn't mind sacrificing young American soldiers for no good reason....if I was rich....if I.....Oh, I think you get the idea.....!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
dear Northern Dave - I love that you posted them sleestacks!!!

Last edited by Ivan; 06/03/08.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Bristoe

"I'm going to exercise my adulthood by voting the way I want to instead of the way that you want me to."

Nemesis

Go ahead Mr. Bristoe piss your vote down the tube like the other losers out there.

At least when something happens you will be able to say "I didn't vote for that guy."

And that's exactly what you wanted all along isn't it?

To go on the battlefield after the war and shoot the wounded.

John McCain may be all that you say he is, but at least he has stepped forward and volunteered to do what he can to help run this country.

Regardless of who wins in November, we can be sure of one thing, you will be right here posting your snide, Monday morning quarterbacking, 20/20 hindsight critiques of the President to anyone who will listen.

After all, that's who you are isn't it?

I'm almost convinced,... 20 or 30 more ignorant, insulting posts from you may push me over the top.

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 3,233 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,214
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.