That is way too cheap.

yep....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I can say is: DAMMMIT!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered two last night and every thing looks good to go. What do you mean by grey market problems? All seems well on this end

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grey market are items sold here in the US, typically by unauthorized resellers. However, they are meant for sale in other countries and their warranty may not be honored USA service centers. There are several online companies that sell these types of items. They are NOT knock-offs or imitations ... they are the real deal, just not intended to be sold here.

From Amazon I would suppose there is little to worry about ... but as with many higher end companies, I thought there was MAP issues.

Enjoy'em .... kinda wish I coulda joined you in the snatchin' of the goodies!

Last edited by avagadro; 06/03/08. Reason: 'cause I'm stoopid

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it being sold by "Amazon" themselves, or a merchant who lists on Amazon?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info: I will report back with any problems with the Amazon deal. Seems that if Minox sells to folks that don't honor their warranty US or otherwise...perhaps that's a Minox problem that should be taken care of. I guess we'll see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It may not be a Minox deal ... could be someone here in the US bought from a European or Asian distributor and then passes the savings onto the consumer. It typically isn't an issue unless warranty work is needed. Then again, Minox may not limit which units are sold where therefore, there really isn't a grey market issue.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Be interesting to see.

Got to be a pretty good pair of Smaller bino's for $350.

It isn't energy that kills. It's holes!
Dogzapper

A fine is a tax for doing wrong, a tax is a fine for doing well
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTW Schuey,
You understand that due the the amazing deal you got, Amazon requires that you post a full and accurate review of the binos here, don't you?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
What they don't know, won't kill 'em! whistle

LOL!

I did get an email from them confirming the transaction, but no details yet on shipping. Looking back, I think that I should have paid the $7.35 standard shipping rate. They appear to be dragging their feet on getting these binos sent out. Stupid Free shipping. Blah. smirk

IC B3

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Schuey2002
I did get an email from them confirming the transaction, but no details yet on shipping. Looking back, I think that I should have paid the $7.35 standard shipping rate. They appear to be dragging their feet on getting these binos sent out. Stupid Free shipping. Blah. smirk

They do that. I have ordered several things from them, always the "Super Saver Free Shipping" and it has almost always been 2-4 days before the order is shipped, and then they use the slowest method. I'll still almost always go for the free shipping, and they do warn us about it, but I still get impatient.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Do they send you an email stating that they have shipped your item(s)? Or do you just get a surprise knock on the door from a fellow in a brown outfit?

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I have always gotten another email when they shipped, and there's a way ("Your Account") on the main Web site where you can check and get a tracking or delivery confirmation number. Of course, if they choose USPS Mail, the number isn't very useful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the free shipping from Amazon I usually get my items in about a week (5 working days). I've found if I choose the next least costly method I seem to get my items in about 3 working days. I can sit tight a couple of days for $7-$10 unless I need an item RIGHT NOW! in which I choose Next Day Air....and I get it usually before lunch the following day if I placed the order with Amazon before lunch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like both mine have been shipped. I have DHL tracking confirmation on both. They originated from NV. They may be Grey, but I was worried they were coming from CA...and perhaps Pink Market!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thanks, Guys!

Still no email with the shipping info. But I did see that they added the words "Shipping Soon" on my Amazon.com account page...

C
C
Schuey - I jumped in on the sale. The shipped them on Wednesday and they hit the doorstep today.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Mine won't ship until Monday for some crazy reason...

Anyhoo, have you had a chance to look through them? Impressions?

Also, did it have a name anywhere on the box saying where they were shipped from? Or does it just say Amazon LLC?

C
C
Yes, I only had a few minutes, but I open them up and they are nice. I admit I was a little worried at that price but everything looks good.

Box only says Amazon LLC as does all the invoicing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on chasvic, tell us more!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 79 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,694
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.