Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan:

1)The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present........ You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega, Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never "interfere" again.

2)We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We will station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3)All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France should welcome them.

4)All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. NO ONE! If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5)No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6)The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while....... The Sierra Club, etc. will have to deal with it.

7)Offer Saudi Arabia, and other oil producing countries, $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8)If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah, or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need..... Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9)We will ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter, or lockup for illegal aliens.

10)All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

11)The Statue of Liberty will no longer say "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice to see someone from Hollyweird with a plan that makes sense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's been around before and was discredited, IIRC, by Snopes.

Good ideas, just not from Williams.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Apparently, he did not write it, but he did say it on stage. Considering virtually no comedians write their own material, what's your issue?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing Robin Williams said was "The Statue of Liberty will no longer say "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"

The rest is from the mind of someone else.Robin's line got tagged on the end.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I watched the video and saw it myself. Best get your facts straight there bandit. Then I found the text version and cut and pasted it.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Better send the correction to snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
All it says was that he didn't come up with it. Nothing there to correct. I didn't hear him use the last part in his piece either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ULA24
I watched the video and saw it myself. Best get your facts straight there bandit. Then I found the text version and cut and pasted it.

Obviously you haven't learned that it's better to just admit you're wrong than lie.

I have seen the Robin Williams' standup DVD from around 2002-2003 where this came from.The only thing on the list you posted that Robin said was the last line about the Statue Of Liberty with a baseball bat.

This has been floating around the internet for 5+ years,and pops up on this board at least once a month.Robin Williams had absolutley nothing to do with it.Robin Williams is a far left liberal,and he would agree with little to none of what's on that list.

You might want to drop this before you make an ass of yourself.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW,the DVD is "Robin Williams-Live On Broadway".

WB.

IC B3

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This was from a stand up comic routine video taped and recorded at Villanova University. It was a private show for alumni, I freaking watched it myself you idiot. You call people liars for no reason, because you don't own the CD or something.

I don't need to drop it for fear of you. Villanova is very conservative and it was a private show which may explain his remarks. This show is probably where the rumor came from. I honestly don't care if you believe it or not. I saw it and I graduated from Villanova.

Obviously, you are an azzhole.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ULA24
Obviously, you are an azzhole.

That's the only factual statement you've made in this whole thread.

WB.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 21, 6MMWASP, 7 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,893
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.