Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I will agree with my dad on this. He says<BR>(have to give credit, right) that the second amendment was designed with a moral nation in mind. A nation where people are responsible for their actions (gasp!).<BR> Not a nation where people always blame somebody else and everybody sues.<BR> I don't think that gives them the righ tot take it, but, what do you guys think of this?

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think your dad was a smart man. He's right. Each of us has a responsibility to try to drag this country away from the abyss the liberals have created by trying to convince everyone the government is the solution to our...or their...problems. <BR>Poverty? Here, let us help as only a government can. Bad schools? Here, lets give you plenty of federal money and tell you how to spend it. You're not really capable of figuring that out for yourselves, you know. Crime? No problem. Here's money for more cops and here's our list of rules for your police department, and here are some federal agents to handle the problems you local folks just can't solve on your own. <BR>What was that old saw about "Give 'em an inch...?" <BR>Self-reliance was a good thing in people and it's a good thing in communities. It fosters a sense of responsibility. "If I don't think it was someone else's fault, I'm not going to look for someone else to fix it." <BR>That's my take on the issue, anyway. <BR>Talker

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
That smart man you would know as 7mmbuster. He should have stopped in by now, but I"ll tell him to.<BR>We have too many sue happy people looking for people to blame for their woes, and a government trying to take the easy way out by confusing crime control and gun control.<P>

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I told the boy THE CONSTITUTION, not the 2nd amd. The Founding Fathers were God fearing people, and it probably didn't occur to them that this country would ever lose faith and common sense like it has. It tares my heart to see how far this country has gone, and I see no end in sight. I think we can still save ourselves but we've got to get our act together. Electing "G.W." was a good start, and he's already trying to make a difference. We need to back him up in prayer and actions. I think we'll have to start with schools. Morality is learned at an early age, and our schools sure don't teach that any more. Family is another big factor. When I was a lad, Dad worked and Mom ran the home. Nowadays both parents work, and<BR>T.V. is raising most of our kids. I,d love to see a big tax break for stay at home moms,and I think that'd be a dandy place to start. We can save ourselves, but "We The People" have to make it happen. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have.<BR> 7mmbuster.<BR> Trust in God and Fear Nothing

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.