-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Recently much has been made of the Red and Blue Electoral map of the United States. With GW Bush winning most of the "Real Estate" while Al Gore won most of the large metropolitan vote in a few key highly populated areas. <BR>Great minds of our time such a Walter E. Williams, Jeff Cooper and others have suggested we divide this country as "we" will never be able to get along with "they". <P>Personally, I think this could work, but would any of you living in Liberalville be willing to pack up and move out if such a division occurred? <P>It sure would save us a lot of hassle if "we" could just live the way we would like without having to put up with the unending freedom robbing laws and constant whining from "they" <P><BR>------------------ <BR>The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who <BR>are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ------Chainsaw <P>

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
United we stand, divided we fall. Besides, we'd be giving up a lot of great hunting and we'd probably have to fight for it anyway. Sides that, there are big cities full of democrats in every part of the country, and I dount that they would leave. At least most wouldn't.<p>[This message has been edited by big hunter (edited March 04, 2001).]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We decided that question 135 years ago.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only kind of division I think would be acceptable would be the "taste great" "less filling" variety. [Linked Image]

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
What i think is that this country is already divided or being divided by the liberals with the help of the media how else can the liberals take over and make this a communist country with them controling everything like the old saying goes a house divided cannot stand and that is what the liberals are counting on they want the whole country and different classes of people fighting each other then that will make their plan to eventually control everything that much easier they will have to fight just a certain group of people rather than everybody. anybody who does not beleive that the liberals want to make this a communist country is living in a dream world. <P>------------------<BR>

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This country already is divided on many fronts. Gun Control, Abortion, Property Rights, Big Government, Privacy, Animal Rights, Urban Sprawl, Pollution, the list goes on forever. It is one of the things that makes our country great. The right to be heard and disagree on just about anything out there. However, the more the population grows, the more that these issues start to effect everyone. The people that advocate the further restrictions of the freedoms that are guaranteed by the constitution, believe in their heart that they are doing the right thing for everyone involved. The problem is that they dont bother to look ahead to the future and follow the next logical step in the restricton. They also dont bother to look at other places in the world that their ideas have been tried and have failed throughout history. <BR> It is unfortunate that kids and adults these days dont bother to read and learn about history. If they did, they would realize that a lot of the ideas that are being promoted have been dismal failures throughout history. The saying goes,"Those that dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it". It pains me to say this, but if a change of hearts and minds amongst the population of this country does not start back toward the idea of individual freedom and responsibility, I am afraid that this country is doomed to repeat either a type of revolution or perhaps another civil war. I sure hope that I am wrong, but looking back through history it is a distinct possibility.

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
C
C
Chainsaw<BR>I can sure understand your concern. What I fear most is being divided. We now live in a time when most of the population has lost touch with the understanding of nature and the historical significance in which we use firearms. What we need is people who can show and teach those out of touch people what we are all about. Does this mean that we must split ourselves from those that don't understand? These same people could be the ones who will save your bacon in the future. You may even find that those people could be someone you would like very much. Not that much separates us. They, in their minds are doing everything they can to protect what they feel is their rights. We must show them that they can trust us to protect them in time of a great calamity, just like you wish to do for them. It takes a level headed approach to do this. If you care, show you care in a way that does not increase the distance between us. <BR>We have not reached a point in which any radical approaches are made. In fact it is nothing like the time 125 years ago when we first settled this.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
clear shot, Tell me how? I have been fighting this losing battle in earnest since 1982, and all that compromise has gotten us is more laws that don't work as intended when they were created, and a gigantic loss of freedom. <P>I will be awaiting your reply<P>------------------<BR>ALL THAT IT TAKES FOR FREEDOM TO PERISH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING------CHAINSAW

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
C
C
Chainsaw<BR>We have exchanged our views before in your post on Hitler. The biggest organization that I know of that can effectively change the public at this time is the NRA. It takes us coming together to create a positive change. I like taking young people to the range and then hunting to create a long term love of the sport of shooting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

258 members (160user, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 21, 1936M71, 26 invisible), 12,430 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,109
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.