Campfire Outfitter

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
GB1

Tod Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
2nd Session of the 51st Legislature (2008)
HOUSE JOINT
RESOLUTION 1089 By: Key
AS INTRODUCED
A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States over certain powers; serving notice to the
federal government to cease and desist certain
mandates; and directing distribution.
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States reads as follows:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
the States respectively, or to the people."; and
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal
power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the
United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means
that the federal government was created by the states specifically
to be an agent of the states; and

WHEREAS, today, in 2008, the states are demonstrably treated as
agents of the federal government; and
WHEREAS, many federal mandates are directly in violation of the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and
WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York
v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not
simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the
states; and
WHEREAS, a number of proposals from previous administrations and
some now pending from the present administration and from Congress
may further violate the Constitution of the United States.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE SENATE OF THE 2ND SESSION OF THE 51ST OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:
THAT the State of Oklahoma hereby claims sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all
powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal
government by the Constitution of the United States.
THAT this serve as Notice and Demand to the federal government,
as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates
that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated
powers.
THAT a copy of this resolution be distributed to the President
of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker

of the House and the President of the Senate of each state's
legislature of the United States of America, and each member of the
Oklahoma Congressional Delegation.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's up is that Montana ain't the only state that's tired of the Feds and their meddling ways. It's a danged good state. I only have to move about 80 miles south and I'm there.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Somebody's gonna go to the gulag over *that*.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, I know they are trying to steal the Sonics from Seattle by lies and deceit. One thing we have learned about Oklahomans is that their word isn't worth the wind it takes to blow it away.

Of course that is just my opinion. whistle

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Mickey

[Linked Image]

Dont make me come up there grin

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I spent about a year there going to school, and no offense to the Oklahoma guys, but it was not my kind of country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can anyone fill in a bit of background on this? Is it in reference to something specific?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We used to live a bit farther south and west of where we are now and we'd get Tulsa TV stations. Our stations now are out of Joplin, MO and really carry predominately news from MO and KS, but we get a little from OK. I can tell you Oklahoma passed one of the few anti-New World Order bills, they are basically opposed to REAL ID (I don't know if that bill ever went through) and they kicked a lot of their illegals out. They've had Concealed Carry for a long time. Basically they are an excellent state for freedom, having a balance of "leave us the hell alone" with "we didn't create this system, so we might as well get ours out of it". Lots of Indians that are used to being screwed over by the Feds and are very skeptical of them (my wife's part Indian). The Cowboy ethic still runs true. If there is one state that had an excuse to turn from freedom to letting the Feds just take care of them, it is Oklahoma (Murrah tragedy), but instead, they stand proud.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most of us Okies have no use what so ever for the Federal government. The OKC bombing was no surprise to the feds they had received threats prior to the bombing. The pathetic and illegal morons at the FBI moved their operations out of the building. But kept the threats to them selves. So no security measures were taken to prevent the attack. That coupled with the feds track record of major screw ups and heavy handed tactics has caused many states to assert the sovereignty. Many of us Okies have stopped identifying ourselves as US citizens, But as US Nationals Citizens of the Sovereign State of Oklahoma. Which is how it should be under Constitutional Law. And as such are not obligated to pay federal taxes or recognize federal authority. This has been going on for quite some time here in some ways. We replaced the EPA authority with that of our own DEQ years ago. Mostly due to the feds tyrant style one size fits all policies. Now with the oil and gas situation like it is we really need to get out from under the federal regs and stumbling blocks.

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All riiiiiight!!! So that's where Barak gets it from, being a native-born Okie and all... laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About half my Dad's family stayed in Kansas and the others went to Oklahoma and particiapted in the opening of the Cherokee Strip. The original quarter section was in my family until the 70's when it was taken by the Feds for a lake. Now the Fed's want to take one of the homesteads on my Mom's side down in Texas for their NAFTA Superhighway.

A dude tried to horn in on one of my Uncles' land that he'd staked out (a little early) and when Uncle Joe called him on it, he wanted to share. Uncle Joe had a .44 six-shooter and he offered to share six feet of it so the old boy pulled stakes and looked for easier pickin's.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't they teach American history in the Oklahoma schools? That question was settled by the Civil War. The outcome of that war was that one man cannot enslave another but the Federal Government can enslave the entire nation. The Federal Government can do whatever it wants to do because they have the power to do what they want to do. They have clearly demonstrated that if we resist they will imprison us, and if we continue to resist, they will kill us. And if an entire body of people (like an entire state) resist they will invade and subjugate them. Freedom died when the South lost the Civil War.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No sir freedom will only die when the last man strives to be free.
They may imprison us enslave us and kill us but those love freedom will never be stopped from the fight. The armies of the South may have been defeated but not the spirit of it's people. And now we see a new growth of that spirit that is growing not only south of the Mason Dixon but through out the whole country. Defeatism and negativity will gain you nothing but loss of freedom. Even a complacent people can be pushed only so far before they push back.
And an election year is the perfect time to strike.

Pat

_ Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mickey
Well, I know they are trying to steal the Sonics from Seattle by lies and deceit. One thing we have learned about Oklahomans is that their word isn't worth the wind it takes to blow it away.

Of course that is just my opinion. whistle

Here is my opinion; You are a d!psh!t. Now scrw yourself.

Here is something else you had better learn about Oklahomans. If we want anything that is currently possessed by the pack of wimps in Seattle, the lot of you aren't man enough to keep us from having it.

Expat From Oklahoma

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen Pat!!!!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mickey
One thing we have learned about Oklahomans is that their word isn't worth the wind it takes to blow it away.

You've obviously never met my husband or his father...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hook,
Interesting explanation. If you insist on no federal taxes, does OK have enough funds to replace the US funded (subsidized) projects and programs? Highways (fuel tax), airport expansion, air traffic control, Tinker AFB, school lunches, etc.
Moe

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they have oil.
and without the feds taxing the crap out of it, the state can!
smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It would be nice to think that this is more than just symbolic. How cool would it be if several states told the federal government to stick to the rule book and leave them alone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,985
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.