Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought this would make for some interesting reading.

When I found out that Browning was making a long action BLR I had to have one. This was in '91 or so. Anyway I order one in a 7MM Rem Mag and was told it would be a matter of days...........days turned to weeks. I placed a call to Browning and was told they were available. I found another local dealer who said he had one (turns out he had to order it.........took 2 days). I went back and told the owner I want my $300 deposit back.........he says he can't.........I said yes you better. With a sour look on his face he wrote me out a check. What a dolt!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before I knew anything about guns, a gun-shop owner sold me a rifle in 308 and a couple of boxes of 7.62x39 ammunition to go with it...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Re: Lets Hear Your Gunshop Horror Stories!!!
A few years ago my gunshop called me to tell me of a Rem 700 TI that just arrived......by the time I got there it was sold!......Oh the horror!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This will be the worst of all mad

I went in to a gunshop and couldnt buy them all cry

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tom264
A few years ago my gunshop called me to tell me of a Rem 700 TI that just arrived......by the time I got there it was sold!......Oh the horror!

Dang, I'm not the only one? grin

Just a couple of weeks a fellow campfire member called me up to say there was a Savage 1899 short rifle at a local store for $250. Got there toooo late.

sick

The number of run-ins with ignorant salespeople has always amazed me... I tend to try to learn a little about the industry I work in.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
This will be the worst of all mad

I went in to a gunshop and couldnt buy them all cry

I'm with ya there...went today even and found bout 1/2 dozen callin my name,from an AR to a S&W Mountain Gun, but couldn't get any frown

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Met my ex-wife in a gunshop, top that!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
-How 'bout one from the other side of the counter...

I was working in a small gunshop in Ohio. It's the last weekend before deer season, and the line to buy licenses is all the way back to the door. This was back in the old days before computers when you had to fill them out by hand. A guy walks up to the counter, and says he has a handgun he needs some work done on. He proceeds to pull out a Czech Model 27 and sets it on the counter. The gun, he informs me is loaded. I immediately called for the owner to come up front. We had a code word to identify a situation which required immediate attendion, and he came out fast when he got the word. The guy standing next to the guy with the handgun was justifyable scared [bleep], as the handgun was pointed directly at him. The POS fell apart, right there on the counter. 'Turns out the grips were screwed up, and the magazine somehow popped out. The gun was cleared, and the owner was instructed to never return.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead

DANG! you won dude.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Methinks Steelhead takes the winners trophy!! Yikes!!

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I really didn't, but it sure makes for good humor (damn ice cream again).

Besides, I still love her.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was in the pawn and gun shop a few months after the counter guys had been maced and robbed.

Fella walked past the huge sign on the door, with an uncased shotgun.

I hit the floor as 3 pistols where drawn.

The guy with the shotgun about pissed himself as he was disarmed.

Idiot.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Here is the worst one I've ever seen. I knew Casey since I was little and shot trap with his daughter.

http://media.www.dailynebraskan.com...ted.For.Murder.At.Gun.Shop-1733921.shtml

Last edited by Supermag; 06/21/08.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something." Plato
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went in a few weeks ago and asked if they had any Ruger No.1's in stock.

Guy said they didn't stock that "cailber".

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Walk in to a Pawn shop here in cheyenne and asked the guy if I could look at a 270 win they had on the rack. The guy handed me the rifle never opening the bolt, of corse the 1st thing I did was open the bolt to check it. out few and old coroded live cartrige.
I gave the clerk and the manager a good long speech on firearm safety and walked out of the place and never went back!

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I used to work in a gun shop. Just about the time I got bit by the Scout rifle craze, a guy consigned a Remington M-600 in 308, which was the basis for Jeff Cooper's first-ever Scout. I bought it on the spot, and a few weeks later I took it elk hunting.

I lived in an apartment in the middle of downtown Seattle at the time, and the guy who owned the shop let me keep my long guns at the shop. I had stowed the 600 there after I got back from the elk hunt, knowing that it was safe from being stolen by any of the urban bad guys in Seattle. One day about an hour before I got to work, the rifle's previous owner walked in and got a bad case of seller's remorse.

And one of my co-workers sold him the rifle.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I had quite a scare last time I went into my local gun shop to buy my personal favorite rimfire ammo (Aguila Super Colibri). Walked in and first thing I saw was the muzzle of an O/U shotgun. Not sure why the guy holding it felt the best place to point it was at the front door. He was as surprised as I was when I walked in.

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Ding, Ding, Ding, We have a Winner here.

Now that's a horror Story if I ever heard one.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I might have that covered-I met my lovely wife at a RIFLE RANGE. How many guys can say that?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I met my wife at a shooting competition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.