Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by ford8n
Are you an FFL holder? If not, then you are out of luck and very lucky that you are not in trouble of any kind. Read the Laws. Wow.

What a joke! I think YOU might want to read the laws.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think my attorney would need to see this response, then all those anti gun loops need to be overhauled and get people in there that at least know what 1+1 equals, hope you get what is yours
back and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignorance-everyone is born with it, some more than others
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I filed the appeal today and let her know that a 722 is a long gun, not a hand gun and that it is mailable and the package was tampered with...We'll see.

/^\__/^\
((*) (*))
``(oo) ``
(V\/v\/V)

--AARDVARK--
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Good luck! were pulling for ya! let us know what happens.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
On the up side of this sad story, I actually found a guy on GB want ads that responded to my need for a 722 barreled action for 200.
It is the 222 rem and not the 222mag like the missing one.
It is together, and looks good...I haven't shot her yet but it looks good.
If I get reimbursed I'll have 200 in it and if not I will have 400 in it.
I can live with either. {:>]

/^\__/^\
((*) (*))
``(oo) ``
(V\/v\/V)

--AARDVARK--
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Today the appeal paid off and I got a check from the PO...

/^\__/^\
((*) (*))
``(oo) ``
(V\/v\/V)

--AARDVARK--
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Good deal.............that'll teach em. wink

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good for you.

I went through the same screwing on a Rem 700 classic which arrived with a broken stock. USPS denied my claim and my appeal despite witnessed statements on its whole condition on shipment.

I have not and will not use them again. FEDEX is cheaper and has not busted or stolen anything yet.

AND, I do not have to argue with dim-wit postal clerks -- who can't speak english or are only working cuz of welfare reform-- and are defiantly ignorrant of the law and postal regs on shipping long guns.

No hastle. Works for me, now.

1B

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
good deal

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
I found this on another site. The same Ms Autria Finley evidently.

Sat12Apr '08US Postal Service Doesn�t Deliver

Part of The Tracker's info on General

Have you ever needed to send a package through the US Postal Service that required a signature to prove it was delivered? If it was valuable, you probably insured it too, right? That way, if it wasn�t delivered and signed for, you could file a claim for the lost package and get your money back for what you had lost, right?

Unfortunately, that�s not how the US Postal Service sees it. Sure, they�ll take your money for those services, but according to a recent letter from Autria Finley, a supervisor in the Claims and Inquiry Section for the US Postal Service, all they have to do is say they delivered it and you�re out of luck. No signature required.

A Florida business reported to ScamTracker.com that after shipping a box with several hundred dollars worth of merchandise via Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation service paid for, the customer reported that it was not received. The business tracked the package and the USPS response was �we regret to inform you that we were unable to locate any delivery information in our records�. No delivery information and no signature, sounds pretty safe to assume that the business could file a claim for a lost package and get the money back since they insured the package, right?

Wrong again. The business filed and received a letter from Ms. Finley stating, �our records indicate the package was delivered� without providing any proof or the signature confirmation that the business paid for. Ms. Finley then denied the claim. Even more strange, Ms. Finley�s letter went on to say that the business could purchase a copy of the delivery record from their local post office. That�s right, the USPS wants the business to pay to see a copy of the delivery record.

If this was a private delivery service, we would be calling this an outright scam! What the heck is going on when the United States Post Office is doing this? More to come on this story for sure.

UPDATE:
Without any explanation or notice, USPS has sent a check for the amount of the claim. I guess they have seen the light. Still, we�d love to hear an official explanation of their policy. We certainly hope they just don�t deny claims and then wait and see if the customer complains.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear you got your money. Just reading about that pissed me off.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 55 invisible), 3,195 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.