Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The 24 is the only place I know where you can start out with something innocous like holsters and end up talking about whether or not dogs go to heaven!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Doctor Howell,

IF there is a God ---- grin wink In some folks' minds.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
The 24 is the only place I know where you can start out with something innocous like holsters and end up talking about whether or not dogs go to heaven!
Very true. There are sites where the moderators will quickly lock down a thread that veers, even momentarily, off the starting topic. I'm glad this isn't one of those sites.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My Pastor once refused to do a funeral for a Cat,only to change his mind when the pet owner offered a ten thousand dollar donation to the building fund. When the lady asked why he changed his mind. He said'Well at first you never said Fluffy was a Baptist".
grin
Britt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gotta tell ya...my life is so crazy that I cant even imagine trying to tell another what to/not to believe in. Good thing Jesus keeps fools and babies near the cross or i would be in a world of trouble. I was raised in STRICT denominational religion. I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man. I hated God for a long time. But over the years, I have mellowed back into what I TRULY believe in. Noone can change that.

Now...subject of the thread:
i have seen more people die than you can shake a stick at. (Thats southern for a hellofalot). It seems to me that people fear the unknown. I know I do. After being diagnosed with lupus, I began pondering my own feelings about death. As my health declines, I think more and more about it. Im losing a kidney from the disease soon and have began getting my affairs in order should the unthinkable happen. Im scared, I gotta tell ya. Im scared for my kids....not so much for me. Death wold be a relief some days. But until that old grey horse comes riding...I will keep puttin my lipstick on everyday like nothing is going on.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Death in the spiritual realm is eternal separation from God — unthinkable, intolerable for some, alluring and welcome (now) for others.

Ken, leave to you to sum up the truth in one itty bitty sentence.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if spiritual life meant spending it with a Christian God I was out of here. I'd rather spend my spiritual life with the Goddess (my wife) or no one at all.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NurseKat
I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man.
280 did that??? I had no idea!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I gotta tell ya...my life is so crazy that I cant even imagine trying to tell another what to/not to believe in. Good thing Jesus keeps fools and babies near the cross or i would be in a world of trouble. I was raised in STRICT denominational religion. I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man. I hated God for a long time. But over the years, I have mellowed back into what I TRULY believe in. Noone can change that.

Now...subject of the thread:
i have seen more people die than you can shake a stick at. (Thats southern for a hellofalot). It seems to me that people fear the unknown. I know I do. After being diagnosed with lupus, I began pondering my own feelings about death. As my health declines, I think more and more about it. Im losing a kidney from the disease soon and have began getting my affairs in order should the unthinkable happen. Im scared, I gotta tell ya. Im scared for my kids....not so much for me. Death wold be a relief some days. But until that old grey horse comes riding...I will keep puttin my lipstick on everyday like nothing is going on.

WOW Kat, sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you one way or the other. I'd pray but I don't pray although some tell me it's okay for a Deist to pray for others.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first husband, of 17 years, my childrens father.

-Gen. Patton
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I'll keep you in my prayers NurseKat. You folks are true heroes in my eyes. I've lost two good friends within a week and a half. One was my pastor. I have yet to shed a tear for either of them even though I loved them both. They are with the Lord now and are in a better place than this world is. I am actually happy for them. They are with our Saviour,and it doesn't get any better than that. I may get a little down in the future when thinking back on things we did and then I may shed some tears, but I think they may be of the selfish kind.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No.....280 and I, although now divorced, still carry on like nothing ever happened. We are likely to be old and grey still making date nights.
(Dont laugh..it works for us. wink

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
� I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if spiritual life meant spending it with a Christian God I was out of here. �

God's reputation suffers more at the hands of many who claim to be His than from His harshest critics.

Those who eventually enter into His presence will be mighty surprised to see who's there and who isn't. Even greater will be the surprise of those who expect Him to be their eternal landlord but find that they're paying rent to someone else.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No.....280 and I, although now divorced, still carry on like nothing ever happened. We are likely to be old and grey still making date nights.
(Dont laugh..it works for us. wink
I was 99.9% sure you didn't mean 280. I was just joking. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried to follow this thread as best I could...for an educated blonde anyway...but wasnt the topic about death???

Ya, it is. Spiritual death. laugh

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Kat,

When I was 11 years old I was very sick,Renal failure over a period of a few weeks. Transplants were very new and experimental and dialysis was an extended death sentence.

The pastor from the local pentecostal church came with the elders of the church and prayed for me. I felt fire flood all over me but it didn't burn,from that moment on every renal test was normal, a couple of days later they didn't know what else to do with me so they sent me home,that was 35 years ago.

God is real and I will pray for you,may God bless you my sister.

Britt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After being diagnosed with lupus, I began pondering my own feelings about death. [...] But until that old grey horse comes riding...I will keep puttin my lipstick on everyday like nothing is going on.

My mother has lupus. Her attitude is much like yours, except for the lipstick. (She's not much of a lipstick person. Matter of fact, she wears real live Army boots, to brace weak ankles.)

Well, there's also the fact that she tends to ignore any instructions from the doctor that don't jive with her plans for the day. She understands that that practice will probably make her die sooner, but her perspective on the situation is that her time here is limited either way, and she'd much rather enjoy it than be miserable.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How does one feel fire flood all over them, Britt??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by derby_dude
� I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if spiritual life meant spending it with a Christian God I was out of here. �

God's reputation suffers more at the hands of many who claim to be His than from His harshest critics.

Those who eventually enter into His presence will be mighty surprised to see who's there and who isn't. Even greater will be the surprise of those who expect Him to be their eternal landlord but find that they're paying rent to someone else.

We used to hear "everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die to get there."

Now I find that a lot of people just do not want to go there. Well, God ain't gonna force 'em.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
How does one feel fire flood all over them, Britt??
Oh, come on, Isaac! Are you calling the man a liar. That's the best way he can think of to describe what cannot be perfectly put into words. My mother had the same exact experience when I was a kid, and she described it exactly like that, too. Diagnosed with cancer way back then, and still alive and well today, with no sign of it in all that time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! That is truly amazing! I believe that can happen, I really do.
My renal failure is not from primary renal disease, but from an aggressive form of lupus which has literally invaded both kidneys and my eyes. I have WAYYYY too much immune system, so much so that my body attacks its own tissue. ITs tough on the ole kidney beans. But Im telling you..I get a chemo therapy treatment 3 or 4 times per year and i just keep clicking right along. As long as the left kidney holds out..Im cool. It is affected but not as much as the right.
A mean ass southern woman is hard to kill!! grin

-Gen. Patton
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 56 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,659
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.