Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not really,

First God makes building blocks,then he makes living things in an orderly fashion.Finally he makes our Dad and Mom.You know like it says in Genesis and the fossil record,same,same.

Cousin Britt

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
I think this is the one you mean. It started with an ape, not an embryo.

[Linked Image]

Barak-

No, that still is not the one, although this one is highly reminiscent of it. It did go from amorphic blob to man in five easy steps, although for sake of the argument here, this pretty much illustrates the same false dogma.

NurseKat, all previous dates or acquaintences to the contrary, the middle "guy" is not one of us. shocked

Gdv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[/quote]God to show up at my door and say 'Hey!' or something else concrete like that. [/quote]

He did and much more...for you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I dunno. I wrassled against one of the first guys, and his younger brother looked like the second one. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
God made the lizards tails to regenerate every time! So yes he does replace "limbs"... it's just His choice .... it's good to still pray for it though ... all prayer to God is good.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman
If true Hawkeye, then would this mean that all living organisms are not a product of creation, but a product of some sort of re-combination of already existing matter and energy?
There are two senses of the word creation. One is creatio ex nihilo, which happened in an instant, all at once, from nothing. The other is creatio ex materia, which happened within time, from matter previously created ex nihilo. God can do both. We can only do the latter. Since God made all the building blocks, he can also lay claim to the credit for creating everything there is, even those things we've created ex materia. He also created all life forms ex materia. We might one day be able to do that too, but we would still require the building blocks that he created ex nihilo.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
There are two senses of the word creation........

Hawkeye, that makes much more sense, thanks. smile

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's amazing the turn these threads take. smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's amazing the turn these threads take.

You mean Hawkeye making sense? grin

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It is amazing. When discussing politics Issac makes perfect sense and Hawk sounds nutty to me, When discussing faith in God,it is the otherway around.

Only one thing is certain,either I'm the only sane one of the three or the only real nut. grin

Britt

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Finite Man can not grasp the infinity of God.
Temporal Man can not grasp the eternity of God.
Impotent Man can not grasp the omnipotence of God.
Physical Man is not a template of spiritual God.
Man is less than God and can not equal God.

...and as is obvious, with His creation revelation and even His Biblical revelation, so far above man is He that the concept is almost incomprehendable to those that do believe.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

It is amazing. When discussing politics Issac makes perfect sense and Hawk sounds nutty to me, When discussing faith in God,it is the otherway around.

Only one thing is certain,either I'm the only sane one of the three or the only real nut. grin

Britt

If'n yer lookin' fer an argeemint, ya dun come to the wrong place, pilgrim. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by goodnews
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Finite Man can not grasp the infinity of God.
Temporal Man can not grasp the eternity of God.
Impotent Man can not grasp the omnipotence of God.
Physical Man is not a template of spiritual God.
Man is less than God and can not equal God.

...and as is obvious, with His creation revelation and even His Biblical revelation, so far above man is He that the concept is almost incomprehensible to those that do believe.

That's because you follow revealed religion and some of us (me) follow natural religion.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So a question for all of you atheists, agnostics, etc......What would it take for you to change your opinion on the subject?

God to show up at my door and say 'Hey!' or something else concrete like that.

I believe we're many times more likely to have extraterrestrials have tea with Bigfoot and Nessie at Stonehenge before there is proof of God.

You will get to meet God at the Great White Throne judgement. You won't be alone but it will feel like it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Thanks for the itenerary, Bigbuck!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Thanks for the itenerary, Bigbuck!!
laugh

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess what I do not understand is how anyone can look around the Physical World and deny a Creator.Life is so unique,complex and intertwined,I cannot believe anyone could think it is happenstance.There is nothing simple in any life form.It is unimagineable to us to comprehend The Almighty.Yet everything around us proves his existance.
I wonder how many here who deny God now will pray to him on their Death Bed?????If you have ever been in Combat,you know you have prayed.
I can not quote from The Bible,but I cannot deny what I know is self evident.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wonder how many here who deny God now will pray to him on their Death Bed?

All, I hope.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Huntz
I guess what I do not understand is how anyone can look around the Physical World and deny a Creator.Life is so unique,complex and intertwined,I cannot believe anyone could think it is happenstance.There is nothing simple in any life form.It is unimagineable to us to comprehend The Almighty.Yet everything around us proves his existance.
I wonder how many here who deny God now will pray to him on their Death Bed?????If you have ever been in Combat,you know you have prayed.
I can not quote from The Bible,but I cannot deny what I know is self evident.
Yes, there are no Episcopalians in fox holes. Or is that atheists? laugh

But, I should warn you that for those who have a solid grounding in evolutionary biology, the complexity of life forms is more likely to dissuade them from a belief in a creator who created each species as they exist today. That's because had God wished to create species already fully adapted to their current environments, they would not need to be nearly so complex as they are. Most species are complex because of the tortuous road they've traveled on the evolutionary journey to where they presently are.

For example, the rabbit has a very complex way of acquiring nutrition from the food it eats. Rabbits eat vegetable matter, then excrete it, then eat it a second time. That is a needless complexity, since there are herbivores out there who already solve the digestion problem without having to re-consume their fecal matter. If rabbits don't do it their way, however, they will die of malnutrition, because they possess the digestive equipment appropriate for a meat eater, not an herbivore, informing us that its relatively recent ancestors were carnivorous.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . . or else that is the way God created the thing in the first place. wink

Brother Keith

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 17 invisible), 1,714 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,810
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.