-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 1,842 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bd, man, there should be no sniffing. Should have smelt the garbage after 3 tins of kippers two days ago. Disable the sniffer. It'll save trauma.

Craig

Wood is Good.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
Bd, man, there should be no sniffing. Should have smelt the garbage after 3 tins of kippers two days ago. Disable the sniffer. It'll save trauma.

Craig

Craig - Sounds like sound advice for the wife too when you crawl under the covers at night! laugh

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hmm, rooster seven speak'em heap big truth.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mayday...mayday...mayday...pre teen / teenage girls dividing up the gun case.

After asking me for $20.00 to go buy this soooooo cutttte dress that........ sick

How is it they can go from arguing about blaze orange to sundresses and who gets the husky crazy then I need to figure out if some kid from the Jonas brothers confusedneeds to have a dad talk?

I need the boys to grow faster...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by big drift
AAAARRGGGGHHHH...beer...power tools...deer...duck ponds...wood spirits...robot girls...big fishes....grilling...SENSORY OVERLOAD

Did ja hear dat...what...who...where...oh not the forky toes track.

Need to go to the cave it is better in the cave, sniffing the orange, caress the wool, pop the tops...

I CAN'T TAKE THE SUMMER WITHDRAWLS NEED MORE PICS TO OFFSET THE INSANITY

See what happens when I have to go out of town for court ...

Geez BD - go do a counter-intelligence stalk of the Northwood's Shelter Mini-Van Driving Sasquatches or something ... at least we can bill for it!

GE

Last edited by Gaviidae_Esq; 07/14/08.
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

That looks like it may be the Dirty point Buck track of legend!!! It is really Nice Scenery up by your place your making me want to take a trip out to the woods soon.. Sorry to hear the wood spirit was too far away to protect you from the po po.. Get ready Dave fasten your seatbelt as I figured out a new program today and it makes posting pics here pretty easy.. laugh wink

Drift,

Power tools are fun most of the time but...

This is what I call working with dangerous power tools...

[Linked Image]

Since you all know I like waterfowl hunting ya may as well meet my buddy who is laying on the floor next to me right now.. Here he is doing his thing.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Late breaking news.I was scheduled to go to the surgeon for first post op visit tomorrow.I got a call this morning that he's juggling schedule and could I come in today?Of course!I was there at 11:30.He came in and asked how I was feeling,looked at my chest and legs,listened to my heart,asked if I had any questions,told me I was healed enough to drive and told me to have a good life and dismissed me.WOW!I knew I was doing pretty good but usually driving is after six weeks.He said I seemed to heal really fast and was really pleased that I had been walking as much as I had.
Now I have 12 weeks of rehab at Heart Life and a visit with the respiratory doctor on July 30th.
Mebbe the old Energizer Bunny me is doing OK after all.
Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's great news Stan, glad to hear it.

I found at a local implement dealer a 5' brush cutter (3 point mount, pto driven) in a brand called Kodiak. Although the welding looks like it was done by a blind Chinese girl with Parkinson�s disease... the overall design & materials used look to be very good. Price is very attractive (helps off set the welding that I would likely re-do.)

So I might go with that one.

I'll research today if I get a chance.

I'll be mowing by the weekend one way or another.... I hope.

Dave

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gav,

I think the sasquatches at the shelter were one contributing factor to my stress level yesterday crazy

Wabo, the tree whacking is defintely a sport up here we had to drop some trees at Gav's cabin this spring. Now knowing Craig I wish we could have gotten him to swing by and offer some recommendations.

Ya should see the pic we have floating around here of the Sherpular one after he dropped the new lawn furniture in the lake. cool

Stan, great to hear your doing well now stick around and tell us some more tales of back in the day laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The deer camps that I grew up with were a bit more rustic than yours. Slab wood, tar paper, and tin were the norm. I'm gonna keep pushin' for a rhino liner for your bs room. A jack-pine slab wood and stump decor would be good. One of them big spools from electric cable for a table and a bale of straw to nap on after a crappie fillet dinner. I'll even stock the pond, as I know a bit about that. I do suggest keeping the sauna seperate from the main cabin because of the moisture. Besides, its fun to roll in the snow on the way from the sauna to the cabin.

The kid is setting the bar pretty high for the rest of his life. He's gonna have to really produce to beat his recent catches. A few years ago, I decided to eat a muskie, to see what they taste like. Nice white meat, but THE BONES! Holy heck, they got bones worse that a sucker. The normal pikey Y-bones are amazingly increased in size and branching. I gave up trying to get a boneless piece of meat. Its no wonder everybody releases them.

I kinda miss having those nice thin woods like you show with the through-windshield photos. Can't hardly walk through the stuff up here, unless you get into a nice mature maple stand.

There are many copies.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan,

GREAT news buddy. Gland to hear you're on the mend. Maybe all that walking post op has paid off. If you are able to drive after a few weeks.... just think what deer season will bring you. Hopefully a new rack to put with the rest.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't care how much those blind chinese girs weld, they just never seem to figure it out grin.

I have never heard of Kodiak so I can't help you out with that one. If you really are going to redo the welding, it may not be that great. But I have fixed a fair amount of stuff I bought too.

Dpole might be onto somthing here. Rhino lining the floor in the bs room may be a cool deal. It'll give good traction to wobbily legs on the way back to the bunk rooms.

The problem with the Rhino Liner is that it doesn't show any patina.

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by DPole
The deer camps that I grew up with were a bit more rustic than yours. Slab wood, tar paper, and tin were the norm. I'm gonna keep pushin' for a rhino liner for your bs room. A jack-pine slab wood and stump decor would be good. One of them big spools from electric cable for a table and a bale of straw to nap on after a crappie fillet dinner. I'll even stock the pond, as I know a bit about that. I do suggest keeping the sauna seperate from the main cabin because of the moisture. Besides, its fun to roll in the snow on the way from the sauna to the cabin.

The kid is setting the bar pretty high for the rest of his life. He's gonna have to really produce to beat his recent catches. A few years ago, I decided to eat a muskie, to see what they taste like. Nice white meat, but THE BONES! Holy heck, they got bones worse that a sucker. The normal pikey Y-bones are amazingly increased in size and branching. I gave up trying to get a boneless piece of meat. Its no wonder everybody releases them.

I kinda miss having those nice thin woods like you show with the through-windshield photos. Can't hardly walk through the stuff up here, unless you get into a nice mature maple stand.

That's good input Dpole... I smile when I read the rino liner but it would make a really good sauna floor coating no?

And keeping the sauna seperate from the cabin, I'm actually with you on that one, it's more traditional, it's pretty fun that way.... mhh, might be an option, simply use what was to be the sauna floor structure (which is built already) for the "BS room" and build the sauna on it's own seperate from the cabin.... I could really like that plan.... we just have to work on Pam, see what she thinks, I like it.

the rough decor for the bar/bs room, I agree.

And as far as the Golden child & his run of luck on fishing/hunting. Yeah, he may have to put in a lot of time to ever live up to this year again. grin

Dave

Last edited by northern_dave; 07/15/08. Reason: spelling

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
That's good input Dpole...

Now, we're gettin' somewhere. Separating the sauna would give you another opportunity for a deer stand. Like a good outhouse, one can situate the sauna so the occupant can see a slightly different area (than from the cabin) of the surrounding buck-woods. You are also given the excuse to buy a shiny new stainless and synthetic deer rifle that won't rot in the sauna too fast.
Don't forget the sliding windows for shooting out of.

There are many copies.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
The problem with the Rhino Liner is that it doesn't show any patina.

Tom

grin

and we can't have that can we?

patina proof floor, tisk, tisk.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
DPole,

You sir are a man of gienus. A shooting window, and sauna proof stainless rifle. I'm thinking the rifles should be teflon coated for the extra humidity or the sauna. Of course the scope has to be top notch so it won't fog up either. Rhino liner on the floor in the sauna is a must, for saftey reasons of course smile.

This man folks has been around the block and knows what it takes to make a camp... grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
northern_dave
patina proof floor, tisk, tisk.

Anybody that thinks Rhino liner can't get patina hasn't tried hard enough. smirk

Dave might consider it for the "entry way" too; or as I like to call it, the "mud-and-blood room." I wonder if it comes in pretty, female-approved, entry-way colors.

There are many copies.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
DPole,

I'm thinking the rifles should be teflon coated for the extra humidity or the sauna. Rhino liner on the floor in the sauna

Actually, everything in a sauna should be wood, including the floor. I know a guy who built his new sauna with metal seats. We all laughed like heck at him. Shooting a sauna-hot rifle is best undertaken with some care. The pain threshold varies on the size of the buck. Some guys can take it better than others. You need an integrated sauna compartment in the wall that stays cooler via conduction of exterior temps. I forgot to mention that. Make it big enough to also hold a small cooler for refreshments. But you might have something with that teflon coating.

There are many copies.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Does yellow count?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah we've got a comercial style rug right there now, (entrance door to the shack) the type with the rubber back, it catches & holds water so it don't just soak into the plywood floor there.

but yeah a little rhino liner in that area would be a good idea.

No reply from wife yet on question of the "divorced" sauna.

If I told her she could have an outdoor hot tub that way too.... well then maybe....

Dave

Something clever here.

Page 48 of 1,842 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.