Hop To
Page 49 of 1,842 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by DPole

Actually, everything in a sauna should be wood, including the floor.

I was thinking about doing a insulated plywood floor that is sloped to a drain, then covering the floor with a heavy comercial grade roofing rubber, the stuff that comes in a big sheet, and running it up the walls behind the cedar paneling about a foot or so. then doing raised slat sections over that(cedar) so you can lift panels out to clean if you want but you are standing on wood slats that the water can drain through.

or should I forget about making a tight floor & just do a slightly spaced cedar plank floor that the water can drain through?

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
or should I pour a little slab? so the sauna is on a concrete floor & then do my slat paneled floor?

We have the perfect sand out there for mixing our own concrete. I'd just have to borrow a mixer, build up a spot to form up a slab on..... hmmm

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

If I told her she could have an outdoor hot tub that way too.... well then maybe....

Dave

Whatever. The more deer stands, the better. Just remember, its location, location,......

[Linked Image]

There are many copies.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Does yellow count?

Is it an eeeeeeeeevil yellow? No, I mean, Dave will have to ask the mrs.

There are many copies.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
beer yellow? I dunno, we'll maybe have to call it "gold" or something, not so sure about yellew.

"thinking about maybe starting a petting zoo..."

"an evil petting zoo?"

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well if ol'Dave is lookin' fer a hot tub there is a gent down to Park Rapids that is selling the Japanese wood burner style.

Pretty reasonable as I recall he has them fer sale on craigslist from time to time.

That might be best out there...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now knowing Craig I wish we could have gotten him to swing by and offer some recommendations.

You do have that straight. This 4Ster is full of recommendations. Which tree to cut, when to cut it, how to plant a new one, what kind. As far as putting a saw in it, I try and get big bearded guys with suspenders and Stormy Kromer's to do that.

I do it and the kid says, "Geeze Dad, you got your saw pinched again???"

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
maintance wise. the concrete floor may be the best. Never thought of the rubber flooring. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Every sauna I've been in though has the cedar slat pannel floor for the water to run through.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
[quote=northern_dave]beer yellow? I dunno, we'll maybe have to call it "gold" or something, not so sure about yellew.

We could call it "High Life" yellow.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
maintance wise. the concrete floor may be the best. Never thought of the rubber flooring. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Every sauna I've been in though has the cedar slat pannel floor for the water to run through.

2 kinds of concrete , cracked and hasn't cracked yet wink
They make that EPDM ( the rubber roofin you mentioned ) in different thickness' .060 is pretty heavy duty stuff , A big sheet with a floor drain ( don't use roofin tar near the rubber mad ) then use strips of the leftover rubber for "slip sheets " loose laid under the sections of your flooring sections , lets the wood move as it needs to without rubbing holes in that waterproof layer . They even make rigid insulation that is tapered in thickness to make sure things drain good.

Just my .02 ,But, If you know a comercial roofer , it may be worth looking into smile

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's what I was thinking Phil, I've seen the .060 stuff for sale at area builder supply stores, I was thinking pretty much exactly as you described except for using the trimmings for "slip sheets" That would take care of my worry about the bottom of the slat sections rubbing through the EPDM.

Thanks.

Dave

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by big drift
Well if ol'Dave is lookin' fer a hot tub there is a gent down to Park Rapids that is selling the Japanese wood burner style.

Pretty reasonable as I recall he has them fer sale on craigslist from time to time.

That might be best out there...

Do you have any further detail that would help me find this? I get down that way pretty frequently.

Dave

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lemme see where I have put his number it is floating around here somewhere I'll PM ya the details.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ok, thanks

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey check this out Dave. Ya might be a redneck! laugh

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-build-a-wood-fired-hot-tub/

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Think ya want a bigger hot tub than this .

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.really-funny-joke.com/images/red-neck-hot-tub.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.really-funny-joke.com/funny-pictures-1.asp&h=410&w=600&sz=71&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=OA3aIrb5EYhEXM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dredneck%2Bhot%2Btub%26hl%3Den

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

that's honestly all I need, except for the other dude in the tub with me, I could do without that.

Last edited by northern_dave; 07/16/08.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Have a look see.... is that a big ole buck track or what?
[Linked Image]

You're a phuggin beauty man..... grin grin

Never a dull moment.

Pam just brought this post to my attention Scott.

I thought you'd like that.

Weezy says "my life is a cartoon" is that a bad thing? grin

Dave

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave - Was just checking in and seen your over 23,000 views now. Incredible! Look how far you have come since this was posted:

The wife & I acquired 50 acres of private wooded land in a fairly remote location early in the winter months of this year. 2 sides border state land that goes on for what seems like for ever.

We have prepared a building site & have started building our hunting cabin. 24 x 32 cabin with 3 bunk rooms, kitchen/dining area, small living room type area & an attached sauna room. Wood and or propane heat, propane range/oven, probably the lights too. No electricity, no running water. Thinking about putting a sand point in & a hand pump for water to wash up with.

It's accessible by truck but it's a slow trail a good 3/4 mile off the closest decent gravel road.

The most notable part of this new camp is a new member to our hunting group. My best friends son, 16 years of age. My best friend, also my cousin, lost his life recently in a plane crash. I invited his boy to take part in the building of this new camp & asked if he could come up & hunt with us as well.

He's taken to me, taken to the project & taken to the idea of calling it his hunting camp with the passion & enthusiasm that only a starry eyed young hunter could bring. It's a true blessing and a wonderful thing. The bond between us is strengthening and it is helping me deal with the loss as much or more than it could possibly be helping him. Me & his dad were only about 12 days apart in age & have been best friends since before we could talk. I suppose we are as people would often say "like brothers". Looked alike, talked & thought alike, I suppose that makes it easier for his boy & I to bond so well.

We're trying to keep things pretty rustic, we like the absence of electricity, the hand pumped well idea�. Wood stove� It's going to be quite the place, a foundation for many memories to come. I have 3 kids of my own, 1 girl & 2 boys, all are already or at least show promise of being hunters. My wife likes to hunt, I have brothers� I'm sure my dad will take part. It's the beginning of something good, the birth of what will be a sentimental memory factory.

I'm standing at the beginning looking forward, and I know well enough to absorb it all, soak it up & live in the moments, because they move so fast.

Well, there's the intro, lengthy, but there it is. Any shack/cabin tips and or considerations from those that are past my point & looking back are certainly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

"excuse me but did you say a gun for all bears?" ---- "yes, all bears."

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great start,Rooster7.I guess this is "Birth of a deer camp-part Deux".
More posts and pictures are definitely in order.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 49 of 1,842 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,621 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.