Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 50 of 1,842 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by big drift
Lemme see where I have put his number it is floating around here somewhere I'll PM ya the details.

Please either pm me also or post the info here. I have a nice hillside with a spring flowing from it, about 150 yards from the house. I've been thinking of a deer stand there. Am interested in the hot tub design.

That redneck hot tub looks more like an African soup pot.

There are many copies.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Dave - Was just checking in and seen your over 23,000 views now. Incredible! Look how far you have come since this was posted:

The wife & I acquired 50 acres of private wooded land in a fairly remote location early in the winter months of this year. - snip -

Over 24000 now.

crazy isn't it?

Stan, Rooster quoted the very first post on the thread, that was the intro to this monstrosity.

Rooster, I don't feel so good this morning...

I was "Happy Gilmore" yesterday....

Pro golfer....

Well... pro drinker anyways...

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So we made it over 23,000 views, WOW.

Who would have know that a simple building of a cabin with a tragic loss in our lives, would warrant great advice, great people, and a lot of building relationships. I'm simply in awe.

If there is a sauna, there must be a hot tub for ME, not trying to be selfish or anything but... I'm not too much on a sauna even though Dave has tried, but I'll take a hot tub any day. Maybe not the bathtub type hot tub, maybe something alittle different and especially not with two guys sitting in it together. We can built the sauna for Dave and whoever else would like it, I may get in there once and a while. If the hot tub doesn't get out there for awhile, that's ok, just so some day I get one. (maybe at home, with a nice big addition on the house would be ok too :))

Now to the BS room/sauna/build together/apart? I think the sauna should probably be seperate but not too far from the cabin and definately with a patio block/paver block trail to it. Won't matter much in the winter I guess but I'm just thinking about the "summer look" of it.

The BS room probably should be built this summer yet because that will be a need for this hunting season. Probably should make it a tish bigger than what the current floor system that's built is, maybe double the size? 16 x 16? Not 8 x 16? I'd better get looking for a couple more "free" winders too since I like light and all. Boy I can't wait to sit in the BS room and tell my story of how I got the big forktoe that Dave posted pics of the tracks of last weekend....ha!!!!! Oooh, I can't wait...BANG, FLOP, WOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Mrs. ND.

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Woman! Don't you dare shoot my buck!!grin

You're just getting back into this deer hunting thing, you should start out slow, shoot a couple little ones.... heck shoot a half a dozen little ones... but you should probably leave that big mean ole rutty buck to me. ....

please smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Man! That's all the more reason for me to shoot him!

You know, get back into it with a "big bang" then I can settle down for a while with the little ones.

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 07/18/08.

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm gonna build you a special deer stand. gonna put a wolf urine sprinkler under your stand & a fire whistle that goes off every 15 minutes.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'm gonna build you a special deer stand. gonna put a wolf urine sprinkler under your stand & a fire whistle that goes off every 15 minutes.

Bad idea Dave. That'd be a challenge to that big 'ol fork toed buck. He'd come in with his big saber tooth fangs lookin to chew up some wolves and BANG FLOP! MrsND has him down, gutted with the loader bucket and hangin on the meat pole before the fire whistle even goes off.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Honestly Pam can have what ever stand she wants, she's long overdue.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
northern dave and mrsnorthern dave,

Thanks, I'm on my second keyboard of the week. smile I'm guessing the bs room will be a hoot. and from the post today...much neede.

Dave,

Before mrs tzone fried the computer with coorupted fishy pics I re-read the firs 50 pages of this thread. It sure has come a long way from the first few posts hasn't it?

Pam,

If you have to wait to get a hot tub as long as I have...well lets just say it better be worth the wait. Betsy (my wife) promises me the addition of the hot tub when I finish the basement. I just want to make a huge deck with an enclosed gazebo type deal with the hot tub in it. With the deck being the walkway to the house/hot tub room. Oh well someday. Keep trying though, you'll probably get one before me then I can't sit in yours smile

... a wolf urine sprinkler...a fire wihstle, your guys are somthin' else. I like it.

Gotta run. really I have a stupid half marathon my fat butt has to train for.

Tommy

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was just curious so I did a little back reading.I came into this on page 61.Best damn thread I've ever been in on.
Rooster7,like I said...progress reports and pictures.We're going for 50,000 views and over 300 pages.
Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 07/18/08.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You two keep worrying about who's gonna get ol forky toes grin
I'm puttin my $$$ on "Weezy" or "The Boy" < insert evil smilie here >

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like you will hit 1,000 Replies pretty soon cool

9 more to go

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
EIGHT

Wood is Good.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang, I've been ignoring this thread for a long time. Guess it's time to do my part and admit....

A .270 actually can kill Texas deer if used in the hands of a skilled marksman and you don't mind not having a blood trail.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm betting on the Mrs.Dave or one of the kids. Dave is going to be too busy building the B.S. room, hottub area or rebuilding a True Hotrod car from the 60's or 70's.. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Come on Wabo, a true hot rod comes from the 50's. whistle Don't worry man I'm just funnin' ya. My kid thinks anything with glass packs is a hot rod because his grandpa runs on the axiom that "Loud Pipes Save Lives" The man likes his loud hot rods I'll give him that.

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Loud Pipes huh, wow I had me a BigBlock 454 in a 78 chevy pickup that would shoot blue flame out the back the size of a pickup when you let off it at 100mph.. That thing was loud! Pow,Pow Pow, blumb,blumb,blumb I can still hear it and that was over 20 years ago. Been thinking about getting something along the lines of a chevelle or elcamino amd droping a 454 in it too, just to see what it could do, just gotta convince the wife we Need it...lol wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
THREE

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What's going on in here? grin

weezy aint shoot'n my big buck!!

A thousand replies? Are ya sure? Holy smokes!!

Well, I'd like to stick around & see it hit a thousand but we've got a party to go to. I hear there is a whole deer on a big smoker cooker at one of my buddies house.

Corn on the cob, taters, all that sort of stuff, cold beer, silly games... sounds like a good time so we beter go check it out.

I'll check in here tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ONE MORE!

Wood is Good.
Page 50 of 1,842 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.