-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No sign of movement in my home town, I just keep an eye on the deisel, still holding firm at $5.13

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gas is holding at $4.39 at most places, some a tad higher too. Diesel is a good $.50-.60 higher than gas.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just filled up at my local gas station. $4.09 which is the same as it was two weeks ago. Hasn't budged.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went up last week at a few stations. Most are at $4.19.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_York_Hunter2
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I remember when I use to b!tch about pumping $40 worth of gas into my pickup.....sure wish those days were here again.
You ain't kidding!

I never liked the thought of paying $152 for a 55 gallon drum of gas for the (thirsty) boat (about what a fifth of booze sold for then). Now you're most of the way there just in filling a 15 gallon boat tank. (And a lot less boats roaming the waters too. Surprise, surprise! NOT.)

The thing that really gets me is how all liquid petroleum products seem to have gone up as well - because they can. $6 for a quart of Pennzoil and $29 for a gallon of Blazo (Coleman fuel) Come On!

Last edited by Klikitarik; 07/19/08. Reason: quart, not gallon

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The oil companies are making RECORD PROFITS! Yes the price they pay for oil is up......but they're still making RECORD PROFITS every fiscal quarter, more PROFITS then they've ever made!

The cost of their profits are hurting A LOT of Americans. Just wait until winter comes and people can't afford to heat their houses. It's costing jobs in most job sectors. The small town next to me has seen their fuel bill (for their trucks) go up $11,000 a month since the first of the year. They either have to stop providing some services for their small community, or raise taxes again just to pay for fuel.....as a lot of their residents are getting laid off or losing paid hours and benefits from their jobs.

The price of oil is killing this country right now. It's raised the price on just about everything. Yeah not everyone is getting hurt, but most of the middle and lower class can feel it big time.

Last edited by New_York_Hunter2; 07/19/08.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gas was 3.88 & 9/10th here this morning

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our small village is not a lot different than many towns in rural Alaska. Our electricity is generated with fuel oil and the water and sewer are kept from freezing up with heat traces heated with oil. Hmmmm? I wonder what will happen this winter when those bills can't get paid?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The cheapest gas is $4.49 here in Fairbanks and Diesel is $5.19, it actually went up yesterday?????

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You better educate yourself better than watching the liberal news. Oil companies profits have gone up because they are selling more product. The individual per gallon profit is around 8 cents a gallon. That's after they find it, win the lease, get a permit, put up the well, transport the crude, either refine it themselves or sell it and bring it to the retailer.
Now, compare that with the Federal gov. who gets 18.4 cents a gallon and DOES NOTHING TO BRING IT TO MARKET! Plus the Feds charged for the permit and got money from the sale of the lease.
NOW WHO MADE THE EXCESSIVE PROFIT?

Then the individual State gets their profit from 20 - 37 cents a gallon and THEY DID NOTHING TO BRING IT TO MARKET!

By the way, Exxon-Mobil paid $41 BILLION dollars in taxes last year. The Government has money coming at them from every direction!

I'm tired of idiotic comments like this one. Nothing but a kool-aid drinker that believes network news.

My last comment, are you against making profits? Do own a 401K or invest in a portfolio? Do you tie your own shoes?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
bigwhoop, they say the same thing about the oil companies making record profits on Fox News as they do on every other news network. There go's your liberal news theory. And by the way, I'm not a Republican't or a Dumborcrap, I do my own thinking.

The people that own gas stations say they only make 4 to 8 cents a gallon too. I highly doubt that the larger oil companies only make about 8 cents a gallon.

The demand for oil products as a whole has gone down the last few months as people conserve and don't use as much because of increase costs. So oil companies are not selling more products, they're selling less....and making more $$$ per sale.

Exxon-Mobil paid 41 BILLION dollars in taxes last year....big deal. They had 404.5 BILLION dollars in revenue, made 40.6 BILLION dollars in profits and had to pay 41 BILLION dollars in taxes. My heart bleeds for them. They had to pay 10% of their income on taxes, oh my goodness. I pay A LOT more then 10% of my income in federal taxes alone every year. Like I said they're making record profits at our expense.

I mean Fox News wouldn't be wrong would they? And no, come help me tie my shoes, would you please, I'd really appreciate it buddy! smile

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's called "percentage" look it up as far as profit goes. No wonder Americans for the most part can't figure out 22% interest charged on a credit card for a hamburger is a bad idea.

Last edited by NathanL; 07/20/08.

Otto is my co-pilot.
L
L
Bigwhoop, And how is your oil stock doing?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NYH2,
Its not just a domestic market. The US demand is down but the world demand is up. This translates into more volume being sold in total. Going back fundamentally to your statement, that oil companies are making too much profit. Who is going to say what is enough profit? Many of the electronic techy market products make much more in percentage of return. Profit is a good thing as it allows companies to invest in r&d, new equipment, expansion of market share and payout in dividends. Don't fall for the medias' hype. Who is to say what is excess?
Just because it comes from FOX News, it doesn't mean it is right, wrong or conservative.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
ll,
I don't own any oil stock. Anything else?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Today gasoline dropped another two cents here in Tulsa, Oklahoma gringing the price down to 3.839 per gal.

Bigwhoop, do well as I'm still saving that book for you. grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NY2,
By the way, your N.Y. State collects 31.9 cents per gallon of unleaded gas and the Feds steal 18.4 cents. That's 50 cents per gallon goes to governmental entities who do nothing to earn it. Now who is making record profits?
I also retract any "inflammatory statemnts" but I get tired of people falling for media hype - FOX or anyone else!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
bigwhoop, I agree with you about making a profit being a good thing....to an extent. The problem with oil companies making huge profits is they don't seem to be doing anything as far as investing in r&d, new equipment, about the only thing they seem to be doing is paying out dividends and milking every penny out of us to do it. Why is it that when the price of oil go's up $1 a barrel they're out raising the price at the pump that same day. Where as the price of oil has dropped from $147 a barrel to $128 a barrel this past week (I hope we can keep this trend going!) and the price is still going up in some places? It should be the a two way street and it's not. It alway's works out in their favor not ours.

The profit amounts they're making in today's economy is out of line with just about everyone else. The company I work for was making 10% to 12% profit per unit on the products we manufacture. When our customers (Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, BMW, Mercedes and potential customers Toyota, Nissan and Honda) found out we were making that much of a profit they demanded price cuts. If we would have said no, they would have went elsewhere when it was time to bid on them next time. The problem with the oil companies is you can't go elsewhere....they all stick together and do the same things. Our company is now going to be lucky if we're going to make 2 to 3% profit per unit now.

As far as demand being up around the world, you're right it is. There is where my problem is with our government. Our troops are dying in the Middle East trying to help those @$$holes, we're losing our manufacturing jobs (as well as others) to China and other third world countries (every day!) and we still have to take a back seat to them as far as getting the oil we need. It bothers me. If the rest of the world is going to treat us the way they do (and most look down on us now), maybe it's time we stop worring about other countries problems and worry about our own.

As far as the federal and state governments making a lot of money from the tax money they collect at the pump, I wouldn't expect it any other way.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NathanL
It's called "percentage" look it up as far as profit goes. No wonder Americans for the most part can't figure out 22% interest charged on a credit card for a hamburger is a bad idea.

ain't that the truth.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
NY2,
By the way, your N.Y. State collects 31.9 cents per gallon of unleaded gas and the Feds steal 18.4 cents. That's 50 cents per gallon goes to governmental entities who do nothing to earn it. Now who is making record profits?
Don't forget the county tax we pay on gasoline. I forgot what that is, 8 or 10 cents a gallon sounds familiar, don't hold me to it though.

Originally Posted by bigwhoop

I also retract any "inflammatory statemnts" but I get tired of people falling for media hype - FOX or anyone else!

No big deal as far as the statements go. We're just shooting the breeze here my friend. I can tie my own shoes though lol!

I get a lot of information from work as far as oil prices and the effect it has on us, not to much from the news. I live it everyday, our jobs depend on people buying vehicles. The auto industry is usually the first industry to feel the effects of a bad economy. The flip side is that it's usually the first industry to come back when the economy starts to rebound.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, Akhutr, AKislander, 14 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.