Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My first indoor shooting experience was when I was about 6 or 7 and my brother bet me I couldn't shoot my rocking horse in the basement with his 22. It was a hollow plastic beast that was suspended on springs in a metal frame. My brother goaded me and called me chicken (uh o) and such and You prolly know the rest...

When my dad saw what I did he failed to see the positives of shot placement (just behind the top of the shoulder, a decent double lunger) and tanned my hide all the same. I deserved it.

Be safe and don't shoot the horses

Patty

GB1

J
JAL Offline
J
Is there something in the water over there? Your brother was the one needing a whack.

So your father, did he reckon it alright to shoot this horse outside? What was his problem? smile smile

John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Couesdeer
[quote=OUTCAST]Wish I hadn't just read that...... Now I gotta find a 40 inch .410 barrel... you know, to verify the GS's story! (pigeon control) smile

Cabelas carries the Hastings 32" barrel extensions for Winchoke, RemChoke, Invector and Benelli's. The barrel extension screws in like a long (32") choke tube. The added length and the special porting of the barrel changes the sound from a regular 12 gauge to a very, very mild pop. As far as I know, they are available in 12 gauge only. You will end up with a barrel close to 60" in length so if you can shoot, you can just whack them over the head. Check out this Website http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005577.shtml

Kevin

Last edited by kevinh1157; 07/28/08.

Kevin Haile
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why all the surprize about shooting in the house? My normal morning starts when I get a cup of coffie and open the back door. I sit at the kitchen table and keep an eye out for squirrels in the Pecan trees out back. The kitchen table makes a perfect rest!!

Even killed two deer out that door......and I live in the middle of town. Of course it is a town of only 200 people and gunfire hardly causes a second thought.......but since I am some 20 feet from the door, most of the sound is absorbed and never gets outside anyway.

By the way, while a .22 works great from inside the house.....don't try it with guns that have more muzzle blast. Fired off a 15" barreled pistol chambered for .308 Win. once. It blasted half of the water glasses out of the cabinet and scattered mail and paper towls in every direction.........not to mention I couldn't hear right for the next 4 hours, but the deer in the back yard, did die.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you insane man? What if one of those saber toothed mice turned on you? One should use no less than a 45-70 with premium solids to prevent a potential charge.

1Minute
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Reminds me of when my big bro shot one of my banty hens with his compound bow. I was about 12 and he was 17. He thought I didn't know... When he wasn't around I bent all his aluminum arrows just a bit, he couldn't hit my banty's after that. Funny as all get out watching him try different arrows, rests, technique for days before I couldn't keep silent any more.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by corelokt
Reminds me of when my big bro shot one of my banty hens with his compound bow. I was about 12 and he was 17. He thought I didn't know... When he wasn't around I bent all his aluminum arrows just a bit, he couldn't hit my banty's after that. Funny as all get out watching him try different arrows, rests, technique for days before I couldn't keep silent any more.

You're devious, and you get even. I like that in a man...!

Bill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.