Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctviking
Do you have any photos of the bottom metal?

I don't have any pictures of the bottom metal right now but Shane say's the barreled action is finished with exception of the bolt handle and 3-position safety. James Anderson has turned some scaled down Oberndorf style handles and will be doing the safety. The way I understand it you need to make a special collor that goes inside the safety as the root isn't long enough on the mini mauser. James has done a few of these so we all decided he would be the man for the job.

The bottom metal looks a lot like a Blackburn style bottom metal with a teardrop shaped triggerguard and straddle floorplate but scaled down to fit the Mini Mauser. When I get it back I'll shot some more pics and post them.

Here is the latest set of pics. He wouldn't send any of the barreled action finished. He said he wanted it be a surprise smile. Of coarse when I get it back I'll post some.

Terry

Now keep in mind these are all custom made parts fresh off the mill. They are all made to scale with the little action. No NECG parts here, they would all be too big. None of the parts have been polished in these pictures.

Quarter rib roughed in on the custom contoured barrel.
[Linked Image]

Front sight base
[Linked Image]

Rear sight freash off the mill
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the process of having a 20 tac built from this same action, the mag box measures 2.290"
A pic of the closest thing I got to bottom metal for the mini action
[Linked Image]
RR

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctviking
Do you have any photos of the bottom metal?

As promised, and a few more to go with it. The metal work is almost finished! It's really hard to get a handle on how petite this thing actually is because Shane did such a good job scaling everything down to size. It's amazingly small. The last few pictures might help.

Terry
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/...websize/newest%20mini%20mauser%20055.JPG[/img]
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/...websize/newest%20mini%20mauser%20052.JPG[/img]
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/shanethompsonminimauserpartii/websize/MINI%20FINISHED%20044.JPG[/img]
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/shanethompsonminimauserpartii/websize/MINI%20FINISHED%20026.JPG[/img]

Talk about small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/shanethompsonminimauserpartii/websize/length%20004.JPG[/img]
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/lucky/shanethompsonminimauserpartii/websize/MINI%20FINISHED%20033.JPG[/img]

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Wow grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
VERY nice looking. Can't wait to see the end result.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang TC, you build some wicked cool stuff. I'd trust myself more handling a newborn baby than some of the art you build. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Gorgeous. I'd love to have one in 35 Remington.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Dang TC, you build some wicked cool stuff. I'd trust myself more handling a newborn baby than some of the art you build. grin

Everything I have has dents and dings in it. Every time it happens I lick the tip of my finger and rub the spot to see if it'll rub out, then I say "damn" and move on. It's just part of it. I personally think they look better with use. wink

Terry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outstanding project!! I love the old world craftsmenship.You have a buyer!!Warms my heart to NOT see any plastic...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dig the thumb cut. Very good looking project. Seriously.

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terry

Are you going to have any engraving done on that thing?

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes, it'll have a little engraving. Nothing major. Just a little scroll trim and some Rigby style lettering.

Terry

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Oberndorf style stock? One of those pancake cheek pieces? Stock styled like those 20s-30s sporters? Where the apprentice trying to get out of the Austrian guild would take some POS mauser and carve it up into something nice- a stalking rifle?? euro style hogsback comb? That would be a much later style, but still look cool.
Case color anything??

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Claude_Gatewood; 07/28/08. Reason: found photo

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey Claude, the stock will be a classic English stalking rifle style. It'll have a very narrow and short forearm with a ebony tip. It'll have an open grip with a trapdoor grip cap and buttplate. It'll have about 1.5" of drop in the heal and about 14" LOP. I have a beautiful stick of Turkish walnut That I'm planning on using.

Terry

D
dj1 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
very nice metal work. quarter rib & front sight look real nice. q/d levers follow the lines of the rings instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. i need to start working on my mini mauser project

Last edited by dj1; 07/28/08.
C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
too bad you couldn't scrounge up a set of double triggers to adapt.
very cool project

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That little jewel is just stinkin' cool.

Thank you so much for pics and updates.

Industrial art, it is.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
D
dj1 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Claude_Gatewood
too bad you couldn't scrounge up a set of double triggers to adapt.
very cool project

you would probably need some mighty skinny fingers with that triggergaurd & double sets. i have two rifle with dst's on normal gaurds & they are a tight fit, i also have a dst on a springfield 1903 that is almost to tight.
what would probably look good & still fit in the gaurd would be to weld the lower section of a sxs or o/u shotgun trigger to the timneys trigger arm. you would have the look of a single set trigger & still be able keep the adjustable timney

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are we making offers yet?
This is bad..this is the first posting I look at now.....

Show the wood!!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

TC1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here is the wood

[Linked Image]

and this is the stock style but It'll have a nice little pancake cheek piece. It's an old Jeffery style stock.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.