Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
POPGUN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Anyone using these?
I'm a bit of a gear geek but by no means a benchrest shooter/loader.
Just like making the best loads I can for any given rifle.
I'd be looking at three to begin if I go that route.
Likely .223,300 WSM and .300 Win Mag.

Worth the big bucks or no...??? confused

I like it here. They let me swear.
HR IC

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have been using the Hornady (used to be Stoney Point) Bullet and headspace comparators for some time. I use them every time I reload to check that my brass is being formed consistently and load the bullet at the appropriate distance from the lands. They are simpler and a lot less expensive. In terms of precision, Redding probably beats them hands down (I have a Redding catalog in front of me looking at what you're asking about). But for what you are doing, do you need that level of precision? Only you can answer that.

I used to use RCBS dies. I have converted everything I own over to the Redding Type S full length dies with carbide size button kit added. Huge difference in the quality of my reloads and consistency in headspace. If the dies are an indication, the Redding version of the same tool is probably excellent. However, that technical level of excellence may not necessarily be what you need.

Make sure you read a lot and do research to understand why you need them and what they do before you buy them. Go to your local shop and put your hands on them. Reloading equipment is a lot like fishing lures - some lures are designed to catch fish and some are designed to catch fishermen.
Good luck.
Elk

Last edited by Laughing_Elk; 08/08/08.

"I won�t be wronged, I won�t be insulted, and I won�t be laid a hand on. I don�t do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." �John Wayne (John Bernard Books, The Shootist)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (2ndwind, 1minute, 673, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 17 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.