Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Does anyone else find it ironic that one of his major sponsore, Remington, now sells and promotes their own "black rifles," except they are camo, not black.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Did anyone catch Ted Nuegent on the Outdoor Channel this weekend? He was plinking with a black AR-15 with a nice blue Leupold scope painted with the American flag. At least twice he said he was paying tribue to "our good friend Jim Zumbo".

It was pure Nuegent.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The Nuge had Zumbo on his show shortly after the "incident" and gave Zumbo an opportunity to make a statement rehabilitating himself. Ted liked it, but I thought the statement felll well short of what it should have been.

Ted is in the "we're all in this thing together" camp - dissension is bad nwithin our ranks.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

The guy is an idiot and so are the sponsors who are trying to support his comeback. It all amounts to greed for money at our expense.

Was on a hunt once with him and SU35 has hit the nail on the head, though I'd go a bit further and say Zumbo is about at the pinnacle of Dumbf%#kitude.

His writings are/have been garbage..........when I met him I just wondered how he could even find his own azz with both hands, much less an elk or a mule deer of any significance.

MM

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Does anyone else find it ironic that one of his major sponsore, Remington, now sells and promotes their own "black rifles," except they are camo, not black.

I'm sure that's why Remington dumped him. They had the deal in the works and he didn't know it. I notice Dumbo still hunts with Remington rifles and they don't sponser the show.

O

Too old to suffer fools
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After Jimbo's little folly of shooting himself in the foot and then sticking both of said feet in his own mouth I think he's going to limp the rest of his life.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am wondering if Zumbo ever joined the NRA? It seems even if he reasoned the way he did about assault rifles, that he would have known politically not to write it.
If I was a sponser like say Remington, I would want any writer that I am sponsoring to be NRA educated about political pitfalls with firearms.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recent new Zumbo shows with the Remington marketing/PR wizard: Shooting (not much hunting) exotic deer on a ranch in Florida. Looked pretty canned to me.
Next show I saw, she shot a black bear while a sow & 2 cubs were in vicinity. Great judgement there. I'm afraid Zumbo & Remington have both turned me off.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What a GREAT POST John!

SO TRUE!

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just recently added Outdoor channel and got a chance to see Zumbo in action...gotta admit, the mystique was better than the reality....it's not show I watch anymore

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nevermind. I misstook this for the the General discussion section, and its the Gunwriter's section. Geez, I'm sorry.

Last edited by bearmgc; 07/24/08.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBrian
What a GREAT POST John!r

SO TRUE!

Verbal fellatio..........

MM

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well....Yeah, really.

You can use Wiko or Websters or the Democrat Platform; whatever you wish. The bare facts of the matter is that all this BS about what constitutes an "Assault Rifle" is just exactly that. [u]The end result is determined by the user, not the philosopher. [/u][u] You may agree with whatever label is put upon it but a rifle is only a tool. It is the human mind and manifestation that transforms it into whatever the user wishes, be it an instrument of murder or a boat paddle.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup ...

it ain't the fork that made Rosie O'Donnell so fat ... it's the fact that she can't stop using it to shove so much crap down her throat with it ...

Last edited by WGM; 07/24/08.

-WGM-
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And to follow liberal logic there'd be a 3 day waiting period (or Instant Check with your local sheriff's approval) to buy silverware.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know, seems to me that everyone should be entitled to a mistake or two. Mia culpa, some genuflection and we should forgive him.

Kinda remember that there was supposed to have been only one perfect person to ever exist.

If he says something similar again though...

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A so called expert in the field of hunting and shooting writing the blog that he did want to ban so called "black rifles" and calling them the weapon of choice of terroist (of course the AK-37 is their weapon odf choice), is not a mistake it is the way he feels and if it was a mistake then he is not whom I want to read and or follow his advice, because it clarly proves that he is indeed not an expert or even reasonably informed

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
logically we should place every politician of any persuasion under house arrest for their lifetime.

+1

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I have to admit I've never found him interesting to watch at all and will skip over him when I see his show on the guide anyway.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I can't understand why anybody would waste time or money on a
product pimp.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.