-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Found an XP100 in 7BR last month, finally got to try it out. It had a Burris 4X LER, I put a 6-24X rifle scope on it. Along with the gun I got 2 boxes of reloads. So I setup @ 100 yds, 1st group is 1 1/4" with first batch of reloads, 2nd batch groups 1/4"!! Once before I shot a 3/8" group with a T/C, this is the best group I've ever shot. Shoulda tried another group, just didn't want to screw with what I had. Pretty impressive for a factory barrel.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Congratulations, it sounds like you found a keeper.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, kinda funny that out of all the rifles I have, these 2 pistols will outshoot them, still have another 7BR XP waiting to be shot. First time I'd tried using a rifle scope also. The gun was recoiling a little, kept thinking I was gonna get wacked even backing off a lot with the eye relief.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Thanks, kinda funny that out of all the rifles I have, these 2 pistols will outshoot them, still have another 7BR XP waiting to be shot. First time I'd tried using a rifle scope also. The gun was recoiling a little, kept thinking I was gonna get wacked even backing off a lot with the eye relief.
LOL, I was thinking that you may be cuddling up a little close to that pistol with a regular eye relief scope on it. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Shot off the bench at targets a rifle scope works okay. You do not need to get close to the eyepiece - I place my head in the usual position for a handgun scope, well back of the handgun. It takes a moment to center the sight picture onto the target and there is little lateral leeway for your eye but it is possible to shoot very small groups this way. To me it is 'way to difficult to "snuggle up" to the scope and still insure decent gun handling.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure like those XP's! Had a couple in the center grip design. Got stupid and sold or traded them at one time or another. Got a couple of rear grip models and I think I like them a bit better. They sure do shoot well!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DoubleRadius
Shot off the bench at targets a rifle scope works okay. You do not need to get close to the eyepiece - I place my head in the usual position for a handgun scope, well back of the handgun. It takes a moment to center the sight picture onto the target and there is little lateral leeway for your eye but it is possible to shoot very small groups this way. To me it is 'way to difficult to "snuggle up" to the scope and still insure decent gun handling.

I was just wondering the same thing!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by DoubleRadius

I have done this method before many years ago and off the bench it worked great, but I would never try hunting with one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use riflescopes almost exclusively on my XP-100's in cartridges that are equal to the 30-06 up to the Dakota line of cartridges-Yes, I do use muzzle brakes.
Use them for hunting big game, shooting prone, and from the bench.
Love those XP's!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Actually it was you, Ernie, who told me about the riflescope usage some time ago. Gonna try a BSA 8-32X on the other XP, used a Tasco 6-24X for this experiment. Haven't shot any long range for quite a while, been living vicariously thru your posts.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am about to send an article off which exclusively deals with using high magnification riflescopes on specialty handguns.
Working on a couple more pictures and final revision.

Ernie

Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Actually it was you, Ernie, who told me about the riflescope usage some time ago. Gonna try a BSA 8-32X on the other XP, used a Tasco 6-24X for this experiment. Haven't shot any long range for quite a while, been living vicariously thru your posts.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,519
Posts18,509,632
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.