Hop To
Page 54 of 1,842 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY THREAD! cool

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
a year already, wow. I hope it stays up for another year. I think it means a lot to this site. This forum anyway.

I just can't get enough of the camp stories and pics involved. whether you or anyone else posts them... they keep me smilin' like heck.

keep it going.

get that boy squared away with that scope and show us some tiny groups he shot.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
weekend was a blast.... but boy did i ever get my tractor stuck in the swamp. holy smokes...

it's still out there & it's not good.

Pics & story tomorrow.

i'm dang tired. Dave play too hard.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Dave:

I enjoy checking in on this thread from time to time, but even with a high-speed connection it's pretty slow to load, what with all the pics.

Any chance you can start Birth of a Deer Camp Part Deux as a separate thread? smile

- Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah, it's probably time to store this camp diary someplace else & I'll just toss out a regular post every now & then with updates/news.

Anybody know how I can store this beastly thread?

Another question, anybody know how I can get this tractor unstuck crazy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You are correct.It is in there BAD!I have no ideas except a big az tractor.
I don't agree with putting this one to sleep.This is becoming an institution.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I cut a path across the swamp. It went just fine, makes for nice walking if it gets cold during deer season. I know that I can't get away with running in my same track twice cause the tires will tear through the grass layer & she'll go down.

Well I had no intentions of going back on my same track but Pam got the wheeler stuck back there & I decide to take the tractor back there to pull her out.

(this was a beer influenced decision)

I did just fine getting back to her with the tractor because I ran in a new track, but when I got to her & had to position myself for pulling her out, well it got bad as you can see.

We'll get some logs out there & see what we can do this week.
My dad has a machine that can get this thing unstuck if he can find the time to haul it up here this week, we'll see I guess.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
you is stuck with a capital S.

doesn't really look like a way to jack it up and brace it either. It looks too wet to get a bigger rig out there. I don't know man, I've never got a tractor that stuck before. Any way you get the brush hog off of there, that can't help being on there.

I got my '79 bronco stuck like that once. Dumb kids ( me and buddy) thought we could get it back to our deer stands to do a little early fall fixing. Well I buried to the frame with a 4" lift and 33" tires. Stuck 'er good.

Looked a lot like your tractor. grin Some dude with a chevy didn't have enough hp to pull us out and stuck himself too.

once we got him out he gave my buddy a ride back to town and he got his dad's new '94 f150 which we proceded to bury just infront of the bronco.

Well with a very very burnt cluth on a new truck and a lot of jacking and cutting logs we got the bronco out after 9 hours in the swamp. We never did check the stands that day. I promptly got asked to never return to that particular car was with that vehicle ever again.

oh yeah, I almost forgot. don't put this to bed, we got a deer season comming up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I see a Snickers commercial in the making...Not going anywhere for awhile? whistle

Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I grew up on a farm and never managed to get a loader tractor stuck to the point that I couldn't push it out with the loader. I'm impressed. Bring lots of cable.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
um, yeah, I was the very same way up until friday evening. never had to walk away from a stuck loader tractor, could always drag or push my way out.... not this time.

I'm going to get very dirty on this job.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

My friend first of all Thankyou for the laugh I needed that today when I was at the office..

Now that I'm back I can say Dude you is officially stuck! Before I start with help on how to get unstuck don't think I'm being a smartelic I've been there..

Now on to the out first and foremost question did you lock in the positive pedal lock so ALL 4 wheels turn and not just one in front and back from normal 4by4? Many people don't even know this feature exist.. It locks ALL 4 in... Now if ya have a Handyman jack your gonna need it to act like a cumalong and bring lots of chains or cables attach to a tree or fence post. You drive the steel fencepost were needed DEEP and hook low on it, they pull alot too. More then one if needed and move as needed. Before I did any real pulling I'd unhook the mower and use the chains and cables to get it later.

Raise the tractor tires on the front with the loader and make a path under each tire with firewood for awhile maybe twice the length of the tractor it would help too.

Sorry dude you got your work cut out for ya.... Keep us posted on the outcome and tell Mrs.NDave it would be cool to get pics of the trials and error of getting unstuck, I have a pic of a Bronco in hood deep water and it reminds me to stay out of places like that...lol Good Luck!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wabo,

That Bronco is not a yellow '79 with a 460ci and a dumb kid that thought 33" allterrain tires would get him through hell and back is it? Just wondering, there might be a picture of one floating around the duluth,mn area...well it was not quite to the hood but it was stuck.

Dave,

would one of those big azz gas powered portable winches be able to get you out? The way it looks, bigger, heavier equipment is going to sink in deeper. Sorry dude, I'll quit offering suggestions for something I don't know how to get out of.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My dad actually has a rig that I think we will need. It's something he's been marketing to sources such as DOD, border patrol & also some private companies.
It's pretty cool, not enough time to explain it this morning, but the most important feature is that it FLOATS!!

It's been used for many years for things like recovering downed aircraft from swamps.

I'm not sure anyone has ever dropped a tractor out of the sky into a swamp before so this will kind of be a new one.

But I do know loggers have been getting things stuck for many, many years & there always seems to be a way to get that stuff out, it just isn't going to be easy that's all.

Actually it's been raining for about 24 hrs now, if this keeps up I can just raise it out of the swamp like shipwreck salvage guys do, use those big air baloons.

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dave, around 1980 I was exploring the hardwood bottom along the river near my home. Along the edge of a dried up slough I saw something rusty sticking out of the ground. It was the top 1/4 of an antique, iron tire tractor. No telling how many years it sat there buried in mud during wet weather and in dirt during dry weather. I think it had been there since the 1930s. A couple of years later I went back to get a picture of it, and it was gone. Somebody went in there with a bulldozer and dug it out.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow, some poor bastard lost his tractor in the mud only to be dug up a half a century later as an antique.....

Hey wait a minute!!!

That aint funny!!

grin

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Best I can remember all that stuck out of the ground was the tops of the iron wheels, the top of the radiator, and the steering wheel. The engine canopy had rusted completely away.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Must have been a Deere.

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Back in the 80's it was fairly common to cut the tops off of tractor tires and put that, a steering wheel sticking out of a pothole. Some of them looked pretty realistic.
+1 on getting the mower off before any additional efforts to get the tractor out. Not only is it adding drag, but it's pretty easy to bend stuff up getting it out of the mud.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
To add insult to injury, that was the new mowers maiden voyage to the shack too! Maybe with all the noise behind him 'ol Dave got confused and thought he had an outboard attached. confused

j/k buddy! laugh

I think if you can't get your Dad's rig, that Wabo is on to something there.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 54 of 1,842 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.