Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's been a couple of weeks since we sent payment & FFL for a sporterized Swedish Mauser. You do not reply to posts on your own thread you started. You do not reply to PM's through the boards either. And you do not return fax messages on top of that.

Is it me or am I missing something? I think 3 weeks is more than enough time to get a response. Even my ex would have responded by now.

Here's the thread:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Board/14/page/1/fpart/all/gonew/1#UNREAD

Last edited by dogolden; 08/14/08.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bought a gun from him with no problems. I had also contacted him by phone he listed on his profile. Have you tried calling?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me too, keep trying. He was a stand up guy.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well, I don't see a phone number listed in his profile & I cannot get a phone number using search engines in his area either. All I have is a tracking number, which shows a signature by a woman at that address over 2 weeks ago..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PM sent to you with his info

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope everything works out OK.

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I called and left a message, so we shall see?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm at a loss for words. This has never happened to me before, on any forum. It's beginning to look like the money is lost & this guy has no intention of honoring his word.

I've send multiple e-mails & PM's over the last couple of weeks. I've called several times as well, but nobody seems to answer the phone. I've left messages as well, yet received no response from him.

Last edited by dogolden; 08/17/08. Reason: typo
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
call the local sherrifs office-I had a jackazz pull this crap on me once and it was AMAZING how fast a simple phone call from the law got his attention-gun and $$ for my troubles was sent 3 days later...

Dave

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I was hoping that we could resolve this situation like gentlemen but I guess it ain't gonna happen..

Darrell

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since there have been others that have had positive dealings, maybe it is not the worst, at least for you. Could be in hospital, ect.ect..

Anyways, hope it works out.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I really hope that he's not in the hospital or anything like that. But this is strange. You would think someone at his house would answer the phone OR return the phone call.

The money isn't really the issue. Well, it is. But it isn't. It's the idea of being swindled.

But really & truly I hope he's okay.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By the looks of it, you are new to the 24. Let me say this, I have NEVER had a problem here with anyone. And I have had many, many dealings with folks here. Though I have been around awhile and many know that my word is golden.

Sorry for the troubles. Just dont let it reflect on all. If you hang around long enough, you will find deals that would be unobtainable anywhere.

My wife jokes about it. She says that we are just a bunch kids sitting around the sand box trading stuff back and forth.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

P
P
Had a sale ( i was seller) from someone different, half cash half trade, he sent the trade, never sent the cash. i had $700 worth of trade items and was still sitting on my sale. after many attempts to contact him and several months he contacted me out of the blue, sent the cash and finished the sale. weird, but it happens that way sometime. hope all goes well with your deal.

The world is a better place just for your smile.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RAS

My wife jokes about it. She says that we are just a bunch kids sitting around the sand box trading stuff back and forth.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You would think someone at his house would answer the phone OR return the phone call.

That's assuming there is someone else at home to return his calls. I know it sux for you, but (God Forbid) some bad scheet happenin' there, you are probably way low on the list of people that may need to be contacted.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well, I'm hoping to hear from him by tomorrow. After that it's out of my hands.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have you tried calling at night when most everyone exept campfire members are asleep. I remember him logging in at odd hours. Work I guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Subject Forums Poster Posted
Re: MORE FOR SALE!!!! Free Classifieds fedorfan 07/16/08 02:05 PM

It has been over a month since he's last posted.

Has he cashed the MO/check you sent him???

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How much info do you have on him? If you have his address & name do a zillow.com check & call his neighbor, call him or his boss at work. I would turn up the heat. I bought a few guns over the net & would be in the guys driveway if need be & the gun ended up costing 3x's the value. From his earlier post he SEEMED like a stand-up guy, but of course you never know. Maybe something happened to him or his computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 10Glocks, AceBall, Amos63, 13 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,829
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.