Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 57 of 1,842 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
from the looks of the pictures, there would be a bridge of iron through the swamp. with all the equipment burried to the roof you'd be able to drive a truck back there then.

GOOD IDEA!

At least they could get Triple-A for unsticking THAT!

GE

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Originally Posted by tzone
from the looks of the pictures, there would be a bridge of iron through the swamp. with all the equipment burried to the roof you'd be able to drive a truck back there then.

GOOD IDEA!

At least they could get Triple-A for unsticking THAT!

GE

OR at least a ATV, doh, did I say that...;)

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I tried talking twistedone into bringing his track hoe out there to the swamp. Once he got it good & stuck that would make an awesome deer stand! bolt a barber chair in the bucket & put remote valves up in there... that would be cool.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I would but I'm in the "middle of a pond project" at the moment..... eek

[Linked Image]

Twisted

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that is precisely what I had in mind grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
See? What's a Komatsu in the swamp compared to a hoe only showing boom?

Did I say the Komatsu was three miles from closest high ground?

It took $22,000.00 to get it out of the swamp. Komatsu salvage gave $28,000 for what was left. Then, $85,000 to the owner, and everyone went home - well - pissed off.

I'm over it. mad

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
for a 120 grand I think I'd bury it and call it stolen whistle

What pulled it out?

Last edited by tzone; 08/15/08.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was 48 hours of a track hoe - dag gum big - flopping a railroad tie like tie mat (chained together) - about 30 feet at a time - like leapfrog - followed by a D-6. Then flop and walk and drag and cuss all the way (3 miles)back, dragging the Komatsu, to the low boy's. By then there were a whole fleet of low boys.

Two refueling's were done by helicopter.

Shameful, the whole affair. Moral of the story is - when you rent a cat, make sure the driver has a brain. And the guy that's directing the cat has a brain. Not enough brains these days.

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On a more positive note, today I bought a Sport Boat. Been looking for two years. Freaking cult has evolved around these boats. Very hard to find. Here she is:

[Linked Image]

So we're sanding oars, painting oars, and looking for cheap outboards,

Hey - good to here from GE ande BD - the Robo girl twins. I hear these here sport boats are the only way to GE island? Is that true? Have an outboard for sale??????? Otherwise we could row.

Craig

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
cool boat.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice boat. Looks like she'll get into some skinny backwater if need be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Craig:

In fact IIRC there is a 17' Sportboat based on said island. May have even gone to moose camp with us last year. 'Course the rest of use tend to use slightly larger transport back and forth. You shoulda seen dat der "Jim Jug" ... back when he "drank some" my dad converted a WWII surplus floating bridge pontoon into a MN Cruise ship. About 34' long, 8' wide and 4' sides with a 135 hp outboard and a ~ 200 gallon gas tank.

Painted it orange to match the seat cushions. Which were excellent to ride on in winter. After hooking the ski rope to the back of the Dodge Ramcharger and putting on an ATV helmet for a 40 mph pull across the ice.

I hope the statute of limitations has lapsed on those shenanigans ...

BTW, WTF re: the realty sign next to the shooterville gate. BD and I were a bit confused when we were dropping off your pizza oven last weekend ...

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whee Hawww! Pizza oven has arrived? Maybe next weekend.....

For sale sign must have been a new one. Last deer season one fell off a oak tree, pretty sure the same tree, in my little hand just while checking the quality.

Goof ball is trying to sell 1.9 acres with my gate on it for $29,000.00. Freaking loon-a-tick. Hopefully he doesn't think my pizza oven is a donation.....

Bahhh! Ethnic cleansing - Ethnic cleansing. Got to go get a RObo Girl. GonE.

GE, need an opinion on "adverse possession". I think the gate is mine.

Craig

Wood is Good.
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I love those sportboats. I have always wanted one for hunting and fishing smaller out of the way waters. I have kept my eyes open but they are always gone before I have been able to call. Very nice pick up. What size outboard are those rated for?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Coast Guard says 7. Of course, the Coast Gurad says 1100 pound capacity before about 1975, 750 pounds after? Same boat, same water. We're being woosified.

Craig

Wood is Good.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Real men don't need freeboard.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter

GE, need an opinion on "adverse possession". I think the gate is mine.

Craig

Adverse possession? Good gawd ... it has been over 12 years since I sat for a bar exam. IIRC (after consulting Doecamper) it takes 30 years or more of open "IN YOUR FACE" occupation. T

Take that with a grain of salt on the front and a slice of lime on the back as neither of us do property law these days ...

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why then I do own it! 30 years is like yesterday.

I certainly don't plan on taking the man's property. But you'd think, after all these years, he'd choose some other two acres to sell if he needed the money. My opinion is he's trying to take my gate. Or he thinks I need that gate so bad I'll throw myself on my sword.

Last year there was an incident where somebody locked me out - bypassed my lock on the chain. Never far from a master key (bolt cutters) since! I fixed it, no action since. Suspicion - he wants to try and gain back his rights. Solution - in your face cutting of the chain and re-installing my lock. No questions asked, no permission given.

Whatever. It'd require about 300' of new road to make my own brand new access and gate. And whatever Twin Cities cab driver buys 1.9 acres for 29,000 is not welcome to get around it. He might once....

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Adverse possession is not easy to get. Most of them end up in court for a long time and you have to prove there was no attempt to gain use of the land by the other. The time line is different for each state I think. Here in WI I beleive it is 20 years. I have seen a few of these disputed and I can't remember any of them working in the favor of the owner claiming adverse possession.

Good luck. It may be cheaper to move your gate back, I'm not sure of you situation though.

Tom

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well there is always the "Rez" way of business negotiation...

With all these submerged pieces of equipment I am thinking GE and I may need to break out the robo girl recovery apparatuses (I spell that right:)) Anyway we would only require assistance to empty said containers and we will be happy to leave for the recoverers to attach howsoever they deem necessary then simply add air to said robo recovery devices and watch your problems lift themselves from said dilema.

Now in some of the examples demonstrated here I feel that certain pieces of equipment may require more robo recovery tanks then others. However I have found that in these circumstances there is never a shortage of persons available to assist in the emptying of the robo recovery devices. This is time period of consumption is often a good time for retrospection, commiseration, and recovery planning. By the time enough robo gorl recovery devices are emptied for recovery applications all ill will seems to disappear.

Just my .02

Page 57 of 1,842 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.