Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Royce Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
How do other sellers handle this?

Sometimes I sell items on here for really low prices because I want to get rid of it. I frequently have people PM me saying I will probably take it if- followed by some qualifier. While I am PMing this person back and forth, someone else will send an unqualified "I'll take it".
I feel the guy that sends the unqualified "I'll take it" is entitled to the deal.
I just sold a backpack out from under one guy that was PMing me, and he was sincere and straightforward in his dealings, but someone else said the magic words via PM, "I'll take it".
Other times, I have gotten frustrated, because these "I'll probably take it" guys did not take it even when all their concerns were answered in the positive.
In one case, I was selling RCBS dies at a net to me of $8 after I paid shipping. One guy kept asking questions until someone else took them, I guess because he thought for $8, the dies should be better than new (They were in very good condition) He was really POed at me for doing that, but I felt that if you see something for sale for $$8 that is worth $20, and you dick around because you want to make sure it isn't just worth $18, the loss is on you.
Comments?

Thanks

Fred

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I 100% agree, lots of tire kickers, an "I'll take it" trumps anyone with questions.

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
YEP!!!!
Snooze....Ya lose!!!!!!!

Stutterin.... got me several times over the years!!!!!! shocked

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yup

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Some folks should hunt with me and my pards. A second of hesitation means someone else is flamming the deer....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The person that says I will take it first gets it.

GA precision all day long
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I now put "First I'll take it... gets it" in all my ads now. That leaves no doubt !

Rob

Rob C
R
Royce Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for the vote of confidence

Fred

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
This works every time: Thank you and I will PROBABLY sell it to you when you are ready as long as someone did not definitly buy it!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
No one should get pissed, things happen. I lost out on a deal yesterday, on a post that didn't seem like any one was interested in. It had been up for a couple day's with no reply's and I made the mistake of PM'ing him asking for further specifications. The guy was apparently at work and while I was off line for a couple hours he got on an replied to my PM but miscronstrued my interest, and in the mean time some one posted a "I'll Take It" He then was gracious enough to reply again to me and said it was sold. All this in just a short time. No big deal, I've missed out on a bunch, and I've bought a bunch.

I think where I made my big mistake was, I also posted in the classified a "PM Sent" just to let him know to check his PM box.

But this also brought his Post back up to the top!

I'll think twice about doing that again, but then again he might have never got my PM either. Just never know!

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tire kickers just get kicked to the curb by "I'll take it"

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell them to mail you a money order and then you will "probably send it to them". wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Greyghost

I think where I made my big mistake was, I also posted in the classified a "PM Sent" just to let him know to check his PM box.

Rookie mistake...

The flashing red envelope is what I see before I check any posts.

It is really funny the amount of culture and customs that are built into classifieds forums.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
yep to i'll take it. i just sold a gun on another forum
there were two guys i replied with an offer with i'll probably take it, the other said where you located.

the third said i'll take it. obvious choice as far as i'm concerned.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you definitely want it then post "I'll Take It", if not then be prepared to lose out. There should be no hard feelings if you miss out due to your own uncertainty. That said, I am as guilty as the next of missing out on a good deal by PMing with questions, etc... Oh Well!

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Yep, I made the mistake of pulling the post to the top of the forums by adding the PM Sent - and it sold before Royce even got a chance to answer my PM.

Jason

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Royce,

One "I'll take it" trumps 500 "I'll probably take it."

Tom

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stuff happens. An "I'll take it" is the trump card in my world, works every time. Tire kickers beware.

And then the other day a guy was selling a particularly rare type of k98 in 30-06. I sent him a PM asking questions when I should've just said I'll take it. Now I'm mad at myself for kicking a tire when I should've said those 3 words (not I love you either).

I'll take it - everyone understands it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Require an I'll take it posted in ad, first one to do that gets it, far as my ads go.

Questions are welcome, but you risk missing out on the item.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A "deal" consists of an offer to sell and an acceptance to buy, no wishy washy s#it.

I would love to see it happen above board, public, ... "I'll take it." Be no doubt.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 17,155 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,872
Posts18,537,875
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.