Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
raghorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Has anyone got any first hand experience with these and how did they perform. Are adjustments easily made and repeatable?
thanks for any info.
John

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Kahles Multizero scopes have excellent glass, are easy to adjust and settings are very repeatable. Once you zero the scope at the closest distance, you set an artificial stop so you can easily return to it. Four subsequent zeroes for longer distances can then be designated using the four rings on the multizero turret. You effectively use each ring to mark each of the four separate zero settings. You can then return to any of the five different zeroes by spinning the dial down. The closest zero is the one that is set at the artificial stop when spun down. You may stop at any of the additional four zeroes or decide to set the elevation at a point between two of the known zeroes.

The only caveat is that if you want to take full advantage of the multizero feature, all longer zeroes are limited to an additional turret revolution of elevation. On my .308 I've initially zeroed at 200 yards and have set the follow on zeroes at 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards. Presently, I run out of adjustment just past 600 yards (because you effectively run into the backside of the stop set for the 200 yard zero at the prior turret revolution). I Initially tried to zero at 100 yards but ran out of adjustment before I could get to 600 yards using a 0 MOA base. If you want to set the first zero at 100 yards, the maximum range you will be able to achieve will be about 550 yards if you want to keep the crosshairs centered on the target.

I'm quite happy with my CL 4-12x52 with a 4A reticle. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

pell123
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have two of these. One is NIB and the other is just like new but no box or papers. Plan to test the used one to see how I like it. The NIB CL 4-12x52 cost me over a thousand bucks. I bought it first then I found the used for a lot less. Will sell the new one when I find something else I need (want) more. whistle

The used one did not have the tool needed to adjust the Multi-Zero. I have contacted Kahles about buying one but have they have not gotten back to me. It has only been two days. Have you used anything else to set yours?

I also called Kahles about having a Multi-Zero function added for windage when I purchased the NIB scope. They said it could not be done. Not enough room in the scope to add it. The present Multi-Zero for elevation is OK for one load. But a different load (bullet or charge) will, most likely, have a different windage as well as elevation.

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have the multi-zero in a helia c 4-12x50 (shop at CDNN for a great price) and have used it a bunch this summer, shooting to 600yds. With the load/gun I'm using I don't get past a full revelution to 600yds. The repeatability is spot on and the glass is very clear. You will not be unhappy with Kahles, they may be the best optics for the money out there.

Golden............
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 2 of the 4x12x52 CL MZ's. I have no complaints or problems with them, they have fantastic glass on a par with my Zeiss Diavari V T* scope and have performed flawlessly.

The elevation adjustments have to be dead on all the time since that is the calling card of this scope. If it were not engineered to be 100% repeatable they would have gotten them all back by now and we would have heard about it.

One is on a Hart barreled 280AI and the other is on a Beretta Mato 300 win mag. The thing I like about the system is that not only can you set the scope for 300 yards even
[Linked Image]

but anywhere in between such as 340 yards
[Linked Image]

or 450 yards
[Linked Image]

I bought both of mine NIB off Gunbroker for $600.00 on 2 different listings a couple of years ago. Couldn't do that now.

"The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

Criminals prefer unarmed victims and dictators prefer unarmed citizens
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
John,

I tried one out when they were introduced at SHOT 06, and had no trouble setting up the scope (well the Kahles marketeer did help) and then shooting from 200 m to 500 m on MS gongs.

I also have one of the adjusters around here someplace.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Turk1961

The used one did not have the tool needed to adjust the Multi-Zero. I have contacted Kahles about buying one but have they have not gotten back to me. It has only been two days. Have you used anything else to set yours?

Hey Turk

I found that I could use a set of clamps, these are actually a little small
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The elevation marks on the turret can be moved quite easily with a ball point pen, paperclip etc.

"The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

Criminals prefer unarmed victims and dictators prefer unarmed citizens
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use mine on a SAKO Quad. It's a CS 2.5-10x50. Works great except that there's not enough elevation to put the .22LR at the bottom of the range.

Optics are very good. On a par with my Zeiss or S&B.

raghorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've owned several Kahles and would agree that they have great optics. Low light performance on their 56mm scopes is also great.
I think I would love a 56MM first focal plane scope with a simple to use turrent.
Would have to be close to the ultimate hunting optic!

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
W
W
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
I use mine on a SAKO Quad. It's a CS 2.5-10x50. Works great except that there's not enough elevation to put the .22LR at the bottom of the range.

I am on the verge of getting a kahles CL multizero for my volquartsen .22LR, but would you say that the multizero wouldn't be effective for it because the bullet drop is too much or could you not zero it in at close yardage and far yardage?

thanks

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Multizero owners,
Are you happy with the eye relief distance in these scopes?
A few years ago I had a Kahles 2-7 and the eye relief felt a little close.
Also is this a scope with the reticle in the first or second plane, does the reticle become thicker when you turn the power up?

W
W
The scopes we are talking about are SFP. they do have some FFP scopes, their Competition K312 and the ZF, the competition is pretty steep on price though, and i don't know about the ZF...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I am selling off my Bushnell Elite 6500's to replace them with Kahles Helia's. I had a 2.5-10x50 AH at one time but sold it because I thought I would try a 30mm scope, but I found out I like my 1" scopes better. Also Kahles glass is tough to beat, closest I have came is Zeiss Conquest.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Straydog-I've had zero problems with the eye relief on my Helia-C 4x12. It is mounted on a .300 win mag but hasn't "bumped" me even when I've crawled the stock. Once again, super good glass.

Golden............
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bump

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 30 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.