Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I think all you young pups are thinking with your little head instead of your big head.

Yup she is cute but I have trouble with a women who is suppose to be conservative with 5 kids that someone else has to care for especially with one that has DS. That's not conservative to me.

A conservative women would stay home to tend to the kids.

I feel sorry for her children without a Mom. frown

I thought a real woman could have it all -- career, kids, yada, yada. A conservative comes along with the life the feminazis have been preaching that all women can have, she has 5 kids, refuses an abortion, rises to the top in a man's world, she's beautiful, and suddenly she's accused of not being conservative. You'd rather she was ugly?

Steve

I think it says somewhere in the Bible that man can't serve two Masters. That says it all with the two career woman as far as I'm concerned.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
DD
Most North Slope jobs are on a two-weeks on, two-weeks off schedule and that actually leaves a LOT more time for Todd to be a father. I did it for 23 years.

The Bristol Bay salmon run lasts about 3 weeks and the kids are probably out there with Todd having the absolute best times of their lives. It is more about the lifestyle than anything else.
art

I'll concede the point Art. You know about that more than I do. I was only going by newspaper accounts.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Stan V
Reagan won without being a Washington insider, but he was in his late 60's and was governor of the most populated state in the Union that budget wise was larger than most countries.....he had a lifetime of conservative values and experience. A lifetime.....and he was voted the nomination based on what he said and how he conducted himself during the primaries.

Now, I'm happy Mrs. Palin is conservative and everything we look for in a candidate, but would she have been this attractive (policy wise) 2 years ago before becoming governor of Alaska? Her looks don't hurt her and that's a fact! I don't want to see conservatives being selected for VP from city counsel's next....I simply prefer more seasoning. Just like my BBQ ribs......

To question why Palin is a good choice, you need to ask why Obama is a good choice. If Obama can rally this kind of support with no experience but rather, youth, good looks and personality, well then maybe in this day and age that needs to be considered.

Don't we conservatives expect the left to nominate clueless worms like O? Palin was selected, not nominated......

Most here scoffed at the idea of McCain, but then he won running as a moderate. He ran on moderate views, and reached out to moderate conservatives, most here said he was wrong to do so, but here he is. He beat those who ran as most here advocated. Duncan Hunter, Romney, Paul, Thompson, where are they now?

My point? I'm willing at this point to respect his judement on such matters, he seems to have a finger on the pulse of things more so than you or I or most here.

Sure he could have picked Romney or the Gov from Minn, but can you say with any certainity that those picks (although probablly making more sence) would have generated as much enthusiasm, attention or votes as this choice did?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
OK ... art ... you shook my old Alzheimer's brain ... I now remeber voting to move the cap to Willow a very futuristic and surreal plan. And voting against any of the extream funding for the move. Must have been like the majority of Ak. The Cap is still in Juneau even though Sister Sarah has been moving it north ... piecemeal ....

Artic ... I am aware of the 70% to 90% approval rating Sister Sarah has. Like i mentioned much different than describing the JOB she is doing as Gov. I have never heard anywhere in any poll or other wise that she has done a stellar or absolutely excellent job. In fact in my part of SE reports are kinda like I said 'middle of the road'.

I am very knowledgeable about the 'bridge to nowhere' and the 'road to nowhere' which probably launched Sister Sarah. She even hinged on it in her acceptance speech.

I just threw a few facts out there.

I have hunters inbound and have Goat, Black Bears and Sitka Deers to kill. Just had a few moments and kinda enjoyed some of the posts by all the people that are just in-love with the Wasilla Barbie.

Thanks for the enjoyable morning .... carry on.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
DD,Her kids will definately loose some Important time with mom and dad in this deal it will be a juggling act and I'm sure they will manage best they can,But I appreciate her family making the sacrafice so obama and biden don't have their run of things,would you rather have Rosie o'donnell?

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I appreciate her family making the sacrafice so obama and biden don't have their run of things

+1

Considering it taking care of her grandkids.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone said...
Sarah Palin is a female Teddy Roosevelt!

We've been looking for another Teddy Roosevelt for a hundred years now. We just never looked for him in a dress until now!

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Popapi
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Standing up for abortion is more than just a "fault" Killing the unborn is not ok with GOD,and if you vote for Obama knowing he supports it, says your ok with it!
Let me say this Sir as in reading and hearing how Mr. Obama fill about abortiona and if ALL of what you say is true about him do YOU think GOD will allow this man to prosper or actually be our next POTUS if he does he will NOT last. I will cast my vote as how I see fit and if I'm wrong GOD please forgive me...

Popai,you really need to do your homework on this guy,do a search on his voting record on abortion,partial birth abortion and Infanticide and his pastor Jeremiah Wright,which has preached hate to him for over 20 yrs,He doesn't even salute the American flag....Come on get a clue!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He probably won't return the salute of our military even if he were commander in chief (Oh my God did I just write that). But it's most likely true since he won't salute our flag he sure won't have any respect for our troops.

Sassy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think all you young pups are thinking with your little head instead of your big head.

Yup she is cute but I have trouble with a women who is suppose to be conservative with 5 kids that someone else has to care for especially with one that has DS. That's not conservative to me.

I thought a real woman could have it all -- career, kids, yada, yada. A conservative comes along with the life the feminazis have been preaching that all women can have, she has 5 kids, refuses an abortion, rises to the top in a man's world, she's beautiful, and suddenly she's accused of not being conservative. You'd rather she was ugly?

Steve

I think it says somewhere in the Bible that man can't serve two Masters. That says it all with the two career woman as far as I'm concerned.

By applying that to a woman and not to a man, you're either befuddled, or are feigning befuddlement.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Palin is a moose hunter, NRA lifer, and wants to drill for oil.....plus she's nice to look at. She exceeds everything I want in a VP. I can't wait to have her as a vice president and then president through 2020.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Amazing how folks just can't see thru this guy!

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I

It's "Man" can't serve two masters!! How did you segue that into your thought processes?

What's gotten into you lately,man? You confusing your pills??

Last edited by isaac; 08/31/08.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Steve

By applying that to a woman and not to a man, you're either befuddled, or are feigning befuddlement.

Steve

I'm not befuddled. Since time immortal, it was the man's job to bring home the bacon and the woman's job to be the care giver and nurturer. That's why women get pregnant and not men. The traditional family is still the best way to raise kids after everything else has been tried. On this I'm an ultra ultra ultra conservative. I've seen the results with other methods and it ain't pretty. Why do you think our prisons are over flowing.

Those who choose to have children have to make the children priority #1 and everything else second. In this day and age, with most of us reaching longer longevity, there is plenty of time to pursue other careers after the kids have grown up. And yes this applies to men too.

And one more thing while I'm at it seeing as how I'm going out on a long limb and sticking my foot in my mouth, I'm sick and tired of Right-Wing Christians who preach family values and the first thing the jettison is the kids to pursue secular careers.

There now that I've pi$$ed everyone off, I'm outta here!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ropes,

Good hunting, be safe.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not befuddled. Since time immortal, it was the man's job to bring home the bacon and the woman's job to be the care giver and nurturer. That's why women get pregnant and not men. The traditional family is still the best way to raise kids after everything else has been tried. On this I'm an ultra ultra ultra conservative. I've seen the results with other methods and it ain't pretty. Why do you think our prisons are over flowing.

Those who choose to have children have to make the children priority #1 and everything else second. In this day and age, with most of us reaching longer longevity, there is plenty of time to pursue other careers after the kids have grown up. And yes this applies to men too.

And one more thing while I'm at it seeing as how I'm going out on a long limb and sticking my foot in my mouth, I'm sick and tired of Right-Wing Christians who preach family values and the first thing the jettison is the kids to pursue secular careers.

There now that I've pi$$ed everyone off, I'm outta here!!

OK. One paragraph at a time (even though you won't read this 'cause you're outta here):

You make a good point, and one many conservative Christians will agree with. I find it a little odd, however, that people will use the Bible to affirm their political & social worldview, but somehow overlook or even reject the fundamental message of the Bible, that all humanity is broken (that puts you and me into the same category) and we need a redeemer.

All of us have differing capabilities in what we are able to pursue, while keeping our families as first priority. I cannot judge for you, or Palin, or O'bama, or anyone else. I can judge it only for me. Sometimes I don't measure up. By the grace of God, sometimes I do.

Let's let Sarah Palin and her husband decide whether they're jettisoning their kids. As for me, I think her kids will measure up just fine against most of the kids I see raised by permissive, left-wing parents, as well as most kids raised by country-club conservatives with a self-absorbed stay-at-home wife.

So that I don't miss your last paragraph, let it be known that you haven't pi$$ed me off. And bye-bye.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ain't nothing wrong at all with that comment, Dude. It can be quite an issue. You fellow believers whup me if my wrong, but I can't remember an NT passage addressing that issue. Now, Proverbs 31 in the OT has quite an interesting take on what a proper wife should do - and it ain't hardly just changing diapers. She's a co-breadwinner.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
several pages back, someone expressed concern that Mrs. Palin's religion may be made an issue. Let's hope that it is. Can you imagine the millions of televisions in America simultaneously roaring, "Mr. Obama's religion believes "Not God bless America, (well you know the rest.)""

Game, set, match and religion is off the table.

Tom aka rinkydink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Home Run
She Was A Member of the Buchanan Brigade

Posted by Richard Spencer -- August 29

Sarah Palin� -- Buchananite
Remember when Pat Buchanan ran a number of hard-right, fringe campaigns for president in the late 1980s, 1990s and 2000? Well, guess who was supporting him:
From an AP report in 1999: "Pat Buchanan brought his conservative message of a smaller government and an America First foreign policy to Fairbanks and Wasilla on Friday as he continued a campaign swing through Alaska. Buchanan's strong message championing states rights resonated with the roughly 85 people gathered for an Interior Republican luncheon in Fairbanks. ...Among those sporting Buchanan buttons were Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin and state Sen. Jerry Ward, R-Anchorage."
American Patrol Comment: McCain knew Sarah Palin was a Buchanan supporter when he picked her. Buchanan has been an outspoken opponent of amnesty (i.e., so-called comprehensive immigration reform) and it is likely that she agrees with him, so this is a very encouraging move.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You bring up a good point! smile

Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.