Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
every organization I know puts together a cookbook. Some do it to help build something or buy something for the organization.
I have a small collection of these local gems. They are my immediate reference for many gatherings.

A while back, Art and Martha told us the story about a "make a wish" child (I think that was the organization) that wanted to come to Alaska to hunt and fish. Anyway he got his wish.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Campfire put together a cookbook and after the intial costs were covered all the profit went to an organization that gave children the "great outdoor" experience.

My children are so blessed to have been raised in the Adirondacks
as I know many of yours are blessed to have been raised with rural roots and GOOD COOKING

I haven't the foggiest as to how to start this project but I can help AND I am definately in for the first cookbooks wink I will need 4

ADKbueford

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
AdkBueford,

http://www.cookbookprinter.com/

Above is the link to a company that puts together (prints) cook books for charity, it takes a lot of work but in the end it is worth it all. Several years ago I put together a cook book for charity for the Royal Canadian Legion District I was President of, took 6 months to gather, transcribe and design the book from beginning to end. Once that was done it was a mere month to have it printed and ready for sale.

I am on sick leave, well, really mend leave for quite a while to come and I would be more than happy to help in the project in any way smile

Lynn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AdkBueford,

What a great idea! I would definitely buy several. There are some fabulous cooks on this website that could make contributions in the form of recipes!

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just put Mannlicher's posts in there, and it'll be on the NY Times best seller list in no time!

Murphy was a grunt.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AdkBueford
every organization I know puts together a cookbook. Some do it to help build something or buy something for the organization.
I have a small collection of these local gems. They are my immediate reference for many gatherings.

A while back, Art and Martha told us the story about a "make a wish" child (I think that was the organization) that wanted to come to Alaska to hunt and fish. Anyway he got his wish.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Campfire put together a cookbook and after the intial costs were covered all the profit went to an organization that gave children the "great outdoor" experience.

My children are so blessed to have been raised in the Adirondacks
as I know many of yours are blessed to have been raised with rural roots and GOOD COOKING

I haven't the foggiest as to how to start this project but I can help AND I am definately in for the first cookbooks wink I will need 4

ADKbueford

+1

Totally agree. In fact, I made the same suggestion (about a 24hour Campfire cookbook) about 2 weeks ago, and I am sure it has been raised before.

I wonder how copyright works? Do you have to get each poster's permission, or what?

I often search the internet for recipes, but usually I end up getting swamped with so many (all claiming that this recipe is the best!) that it is hard to choose. I've never been led astray by recommendations on this site for recipes however!

John

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
K, can we include Pepsi Ham...?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pepsi Ham ? I have a recipe for Gingerale Ham, but never heard of Pepsi Ham. So how does it taste ? confused

Lynn

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hm...Gingerale Ham, sounds good...probably doesn't taste too much different than Pepsi Ham.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
we need MizTreated to inspire this group cause altho I can cook and have some great family recipes I never have actually spearheaded a group. LOL
I briefly lookd at the site in Lynn's post doesn't look too difficult just the intial monies might be a stretch with out an actual organization and a treasurer
we must keep our focus we can plan along the way and perhaps we will find the monies where we least expect it Maybe???
It appears if we are not looking for a holiday printing we can have upward to three months to prepare so that a good chunk of time We will have to decide which 199 recipes we will use
Appetizers?
Entrees?
Sides?
Salads?
Bread and Baked Goods?
Speciality sodapop Hams?
Desserts?
Drinks and Grogs?

keep writing
MizTreated????????? we will need you
ADK

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AdkBueford
we need MizTreated to inspire this group cause altho I can cook and have some great family recipes I never have actually spearheaded a group. LOL
I briefly lookd at the site in Lynn's post doesn't look too difficult just the intial monies might be a stretch with out an actual organization and a treasurer
we must keep our focus we can plan along the way and perhaps we will find the monies where we least expect it Maybe???
It appears if we are not looking for a holiday printing we can have upward to three months to prepare so that a good chunk of time We will have to decide which 199 recipes we will use
Appetizers?
Entrees?
Sides?
Salads?
Bread and Baked Goods?
Speciality sodapop Hams?
Desserts?
Drinks and Grogs?

keep writing
MizTreated????????? we will need you
ADK

For the humour section, let's reprint the "worst food you have eaten thread"! grin

I still wake up in the middle of the night quaking at the thought of some of those! smile

John

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
K, can we include Pepsi Ham...?

Pepsi chicken is called 'tug boat' chicken locally.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Pepsi chicken is called 'tug boat' chicken locally.

What's Pepsi Chicken?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Miss T is up against a deadline tomorrow on a fancy beaded gown... She sewed for 6 hours yesterday after working a full day. I will see to it she sees this right away.

I know Boily was looking to do an interesting cookbook, but that obviously cannot happen now.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW, I like the concept of the incredible range of wild ingredients available in a 24hour cookbook.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lynn
Oh, and I am certain Miss T would love for you to handle it and she would give you all the help she could! wink She is very much the worker bee...
art

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sadly, most of these church or community group cook books feature recipes that start with "Open a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix, and blend with.........."

I bet we could do better than that with this talented group though. Rob P, Stetson, Hawkeye, Miss Treated and a host of other great cooks could really put out a fine book.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/04/08.

Sam......

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I know Boily was looking to do an interesting cookbook, but that obviously cannot happen now.

I hope you are referring to the fact that he doesn't participate here anymore, not that something happened to him...??!!

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Sadly, most of these church or community group cook books feature recipes that start with "Open a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix, and blend with.........."

True, but some of those turn out pretty good. A given family's favorite, heirloom recipe...that's what I want.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

True, but some of those turn out pretty good. A given family's favorite, heirloom recipe...that's what I want.

I'll gladly give you my favorite lipton recipe if you show me how you make smoked ribs turn out like that photo you posted! smile

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You mean these...?

[Linked Image]

Or these...?

[Linked Image]

Or these...? LOL!!

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (163bc, 1lesfox, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,032
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.