Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
UH Huh.
Yup
Yes! smile

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sse that was cruel! Especially since we are having a downpour now so I couldn't start any if I wanted to without drowning.

Sassy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In my best Homer Simpson voice "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ribs!" I have to agree with Sassy that is downright cruel this early in the morning! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
sse that was cruel!

I have to agree with Sassy that is downright cruel

Yeah, it was, wasn't it? I feel so dirty right now...LOL!!

Actually, it backfired and now I can't take it either...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ROFL As you well should!

Sassy

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
And as I stated Sitka Deer This is not a must do it right now project we have as many months as we need. It just takes about 3 months to get the cook book printed
And I like Mz am extremely busy during harvest time. This can be a winter months project.
But what needs to be done now is to set up a single Post where
Campfire members can submit their tried and true game recipes etc
and from this single post we will get the recipes.. There will need to be a way to sort thru so we aren't repeating ourselves
and all recipes must be attributed to the source...if its yours claim it if you got it off a lipton soup package give them credit just add submitted by "your name"
all recipes should have prep times, cooking temps, and duration of cooking included
If its not a problem with our webmaster we can start the Recipe post But please only recipes we can not get off track
Thank you guys Keep looking for the initial start monies
and Lynn, MzTreated can keep the ball rolling with where its to be published and how to get the recipes from the post to the publisher.
Oh and we need to decide which charity the proceeds should go to
I will leave all of that in your trustworthy hands
ADK

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I have a delightful church cook book from Trenton Fla.
not a single lipton recipe but some mighty good roast wild hog with palm cabbage recipes Need to find the more down home churches where the real cooks live
My favorite recipe book is Redneck's Cookbook written and published in Florida even tells how to find and clean wild ingredients.
Sorry you have bad luck with church cookbooks

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Good idea.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sse
PM sent to avoid distraction from this thread... Very sad news...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AdkBueford

That's a no-brainer there ...

"Hunt of a lifetime", the fine folks that picked up the ball Make-A-Wish dropped and are running with it big time.

www.huntofalifetime.org

GE

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok you have the charity and can get the info we will need to make this cookbook a project to earn them monies...Perhaps they can help us with start monies??
If everyone is agreement with the charity that matter is settle
You will be the committee of one to get the info back to this site.
Thanks and God Bless you
ADK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq

"Hunt of a lifetime", the fine folks that picked up the ball Make-A-Wish dropped and are running with it big time.

www.huntofalifetime.org

GE

+1
I think there needs to be a 100% firm committment to that before we donate our time or resources to this project. I'd also make a motion that the person(s) involved with collecting the $$$ or organizing can not be directly involved with the hunt or fishing trip. 100% of the proceeds should go directly to the charity to use as they see fit.
It seems to me the cart is well in front of the horse at this point. I think we all need to know who is doing exactly what before we start colllecting recipes.
How many books do we need to sell to make a profit?
What is the minimum order?
What will be the cost of the initial book order?
Who will be responsible for accepting the order from the publisher and shipping the books?
How much will we need to sell them for?
How will the $$ be collected?
Theese seem like very basic questions that need to be addressed before we go any further.

Last edited by Stetson; 09/05/08.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stetson
"I'd also make a motion that the person(s) involved with collecting the $$$ or organizing can not be directly involved with the hunt or fishing trip. 100% of the proceeds should go directly to the charity to use as they see fit."

Maybe I am missing something here, but there is a single poster here... well three of us... that have donated trips for HOAL and that was a total involvement. We took them on our boat, fed them and supplied them with some memories... And got our own in return. It cost us thousands of our personal dollars each time.

Campfire folks did lots of wonderful things in addition to that from making a knife to sending a camera to sending cash and on and on. Please ask Tina Pattison yourself what she thinks of how our trips went for HOAL. We met for the first time a few months ago, but she knew exactly who I am.

Please help me see this as a simple case of excess sensitivity on my part...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW, you missed how HOAL trips are donated and taken. First a child with a terrible thing going on has to ask for a trip we could fulfill. There are currently none asking.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Stetson
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq

www.huntofalifetime.org

GE

+1
I think there needs to be a 100% firm committment to that before we donate our time or resources to this project. I'd also make a motion that the person(s) involved with collecting the $$$ or organizing can not be directly involved with the hunt or fishing trip. 100% of the proceeds should go directly to the charity to use as they see fit.
It seems to me the cart is well in front of the horse at this point. I think we all need to know who is doing exactly what before we start colllecting recipes.
How many books do we need to sell to make a profit?
What is the minimum order?
What will be the cost of the initial book order?
Who will be responsible for accepting the order from the publisher and shipping the books?
How much will we need to sell them for?
How will the $$ be collected?
Theese seem like very basic questions that need to be addressed before we go any further.

One very important point that is missing from your list is that, a 24 Campfire Cookbook should and will have to be approved by those in charge of 24 Hour Campfire, until he speaks, no one has the right to do anything except talk about it. Someone is already approaching Mr. Bin and hopefully he will approve. All details will have to go through him, after all it is his site, and his name that will be represented.

Lynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Stetson
"I'd also make a motion that the person(s) involved with collecting the $$$ or organizing can not be directly involved with the hunt or fishing trip. 100% of the proceeds should go directly to the charity to use as they see fit."

Maybe I am missing something here, but there is a single poster here... well three of us... that have donated trips for HOAL and that was a total involvement. We took them on our boat, fed them and supplied them with some memories... And got our own in return. It cost us thousands of our personal dollars each time.

Campfire folks did lots of wonderful things in addition to that from making a knife to sending a camera to sending cash and on and on. Please ask Tina Pattison yourself what she thinks of how our trips went for HOAL. We met for the first time a few months ago, but she knew exactly who I am.

Please help me see this as a simple case of excess sensitivity on my part...
art

I have no idea what any of this has to do with the cook book unless you intended to take the proceeds then put a youth on your boat with the profits.
I'm simply saying the money should be given to HOLA and then THEY decide how to use it.
If this has to turn into something unpleasant before it even gets started because your overly sensative than that is unfortunate. I think it's completly reasonable that we should all know BEFORE we contribute time and $$$ how the proceeds will be utilized.
IMO the funds should go directly to HOLA and what I hear you saying now is that you want to keep the funds to utilize as you see fit.
I'm simply saying the funds should be donated directly to HOLA and not held until some "campfire" hunt or fishing trip can take place. It shouldn't make a tinkers darn if some youth wants to go fishing in the keys or to AK. I thought this was about charity not personal glory. mad

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am beginning to cool on the whole idea,if it is going to turn into just another bone of contention.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
First a child with a terrible thing going on has to ask for a trip we could fulfill.

Unless you are the head of the HOLA I think you should explain who the "we" is in that post. It's not up to us (the campfire) to fullfill a dream hunt or fishing trip, the HOLA does that with the donations they receive. Even if we only raise a small amount and have fun with the book it could make a difference. This thread started with asperations in that direction. It appears to be headed on a diffierent course at this juncture so for the sake of the project and the forum I'll just bow out at least until this thing can be orgainized enough to know exactly where the funds are going.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WOW!

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A

No one cool to any ideas until the idea is completely fleshed out
I presumed that we could use this site to gather recipes I did not presume that we could use the site name that would be an "ask permission" situation and since someone has already asked Mr. Bin I am grateful and will await the answer.
Monies none so far
The charity if decided will be the only ones responsble for where the monies are used... I believe that after our sales are complete all monies above and beyond cost of publishing the cook book will be immediately dispersed to the charity.
Cost of the books are at the site Lynn initially posted.
Adding to the price a small added amount for book postage, we should see a profit on each book.
The post has listed sites where anyone can research any of the parts... charity and or publishing.
thank you again to all who are faithfully reading and adding to this discussion.
I posted the recipe only this am just so we can get a start on the recipe gathering and if the cook book comes together we will be ahead of the process If you do not wish to share recipes then do not post any.
Mr. Bin and SYSOP, I hope that you see a value in this project
if not then please feel free to let me know.
ADK
I promise that the project will be something to be proud of.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (222ND, 1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,128
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.