Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Stetson
I think there needs to be a 100% firm committment to that before we donate our time or resources to this project. I'd also make a motion that the person(s) involved with collecting the $$$ or organizing can not be directly involved with the hunt or fishing trip. 100% of the proceeds should go directly to the charity to use as they see fit.
It seems to me the cart is well in front of the horse at this point. I think we all need to know who is doing exactly what before we start colllecting recipes.
How many books do we need to sell to make a profit?
What is the minimum order?
What will be the cost of the initial book order?
Who will be responsible for accepting the order from the publisher and shipping the books?
How much will we need to sell them for?
How will the $$ be collected?
Theese seem like very basic questions that need to be addressed before we go any further.

Where's this coming from? A request was made for recipes. Another request was made for money to print a cookbook. If you'd like to donate to the project, great. If not, don't. Seems pretty simple to me.

I don't see what the big deal is here. Why the need for "legal" proceedings? It doesn't have to be that hard.

Originally Posted by Stetson
I'm simply saying the money should be given to HOLA and then THEY decide how to use it.

I think it's completly reasonable that we should all know BEFORE we contribute time and $$$ how the proceeds will be utilized.

Money is being raised to print a cookbook. The profits from the cookbook are being sent to HOLA. Did I miss something?

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will buy cookbooks when printed or commit to a pre-order if need be. I don't think anyone here is out to get anyone else or make a profit off this. I think all wil be above board and I trust all involved. I think all members to be of good standing and of good moral principles. Nuff said? All proceeds other than the cost to print and mail go to the charity. No exceptions.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
No Dan You did not
You ferreted out the true essence of this post
I was beginning to think that I had some how opened a "can of worms" not my intent at all
Thank you for reading thru the entire post and finding its truth
Adk
well the part about monies being raised well that hasn't really started yet but we are collecting recipes...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"All proceeds other than the cost to print and mail go to the charity. No exceptions"

That's all I was trying to say. If that's agreed by those running the show and we have permission from Rick I trust some one will let me know.

Dave

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well when all is said and done, and this project gets off the ground, I will help in any way I can.

NOTE: Bart185 is back, and someone should think about talking to him about putting his Chili recipe under something like "Campfire Classics" wink

Lynn

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Phew
we came thru a bit of a storm
Now I was under the opinion that someone has spoken to Mr. Bin
but if this is not so please tell me how to go about this and I will personally ask permission
Yes, I love the idea of the Classic section.
Thank you Lynn
Also, would you be the Committee of One to get the details about the publishing. and then just break the info down into clear and readable words of explanation.
I just checked the recipe post and I am stoked only three so far but thats 3 more than we had 24 hours ago.
I still haven't hear from MissTreated but I am hoping with her cooking expertise that she will be on board
I knew that this group of people had large hearts and would enjoy a project like this.
Thanks
if you need references on me you can ask Elf...

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Hello again
I am still awaiting a "go ahead" from the owners of the site Mr. Bin
So even tho I am stoked about this project I feel as tho it may be slipping away
I remain ever hopeful
Adk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ADK, have you sent Rick a PM about this?

I don't see the project slipping away, but sometimes things take a bit of time to accomplish.

For sure, folks are gonna still be eating smile

Sam......

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
All in all this sounds like a great idea. I'm in for a cookbook and may have a recipe to contribute.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,792
Posts18,516,087
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.