Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
"BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK!!

2-AM, Time for a barking party, happy, happy barking.... Bark, Bark, Bark!! I'm a happy black lab named gus & I love to bark!! I bark, bark, bark!!

I bet everybody loves my barking! I'm the best barker in the world!! What's that noise? Time to bark!! Run and bark, bark, bark, bark!
I'm running & barking, around the house! Bark! I run & bark, run every direction & bark!

Hey! Who's that half necked man standing on the patio with the red eyes & the baseball bat? He probably wants to pet me for being such a good barker. Lets go see... wait, it's dad, he don't look happy and he's swinging that bat! No more barking, run & hide! He doesn't like my barking!! Hide! Hide! Hide!!"

I need a shock & awe collar.

I need to be able to hit a button on my night stand next to my alarm clock that will remotely correct Gus's barking problem.

I want to hit a button & flatten him out of a barking run as if god himself reached down with a giant fly swatter & flattened him into the yard. Wack!!

I want him to fold like a tased spring breaker.

I want a little bit of smoke to come out of his ears & it's ok with me if he pi$$es on himself a little.

from this moment forward there is a zero tollerance law in effect in regards to barking.

If he barks, he will be dog tased, if he snores too loud he will be dog tased, yipping-dog tased, growlning-dog tased. Even if I hapen to have a dog bark flashback, he will be dog tased.

Who's been there? ("there" is a sleepless state of dangerous insanity)

I will be purchasing a shock & awe collar, any recomendations?

Something clever here.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave,

Slam dunk - Tri-Tonics.

Depending on the features you want, probably something in their G2 Field series.

They also have a bark limiter, and if things really get out of hand, a taser collar designed for horses. eek

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had the "Barker Breaker" for one of mine years ago. It would first emit a high pitched sound (humans can't hear) then a light whack, one more bark and WHAM, on the ground twitching. The dog only went down twice that I know of. Once in awhile one bark, then a look of "OH SHEITE" and silence.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ohhh, I'm really liking the sounds of these....

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave it will cost you some money but I will testify that the no bark collars work. You can break a dog from barking in short order.

One tip, a dog ain't stupid and he associates wearing the collar with getting the everliving poop knocked out of him when he barks. So, he has to wear the collar all the times you don't want him to bark even after he is broke. You don't have to have it activated if you don't want but he has to wear it anyway.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.gundogsupply.com/trbalixs.html

I used the Tri Tronics Bark limiter to excellent effect. The advantage of the sound/vibration activated unit is that you don't need to be around to correct the miscreant. Some dogs (like mine) are so persistant that they can learn to whine at a pitch that won't activate the corrective shock, but that at least wouldn't wake me up and wasn't loud enough to annoy the neighbors. That can be dealt with the old fashioned way, and if he does that when I'm not home, I don't care.

Some totally mental (and relatively rare) dogs will go through a bark/shock - scream/shock - scream louder/shock - etc... cycle. IMO there are only 2 options for a dog like that: a) give him away to a deaf person who lives waaaay out in the country, or; b) 158 grains of hushpuppy.

[Edited to add; the collars that deliver a progressive shock will teach some smarter dogs that they can bark one less time than the unacceptable correction. They will bark 1, 2, or 3 times and then shut up. I like the TT unit because once you find the corrective level, the dog always gets that stimulation. And it has memory that will tell you (via a code of flashing lights) how many times the dog received a correction while you were out. Also, don't let him wear the anti-bark collar while he's wearing a choke chain of his dog tags--it can activate the correction when he hasn't barked.]

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I will be purchasing a shock & awe collar, any recomendations?

Keep yer dawg away from my dawg grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like this one.
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dave,

The best I found was a regular training collar with the buzz then shock.

Put Gus on a trolly line where you can watch him. He barks hit the hot button. He gets a short buzz then BANG! After the second or third time, Gus will start scrambling with some serious intent when the buzz gets there because he just knows that the very next thing is not going to be fun. You want him on a trolley line because when he figures out what comes after the buzz he WILL be motivated and moving.

After that put him in the kennel. The first peep out of him Zzzzzt-BANG! He'll be doing his level best to get under the bed in the dog house guaranteed. Next time he makes a peep Zzzzt but don't send the bang. Gus will learn that getting in the dog house and under the bed with his mouth shut saved his ass and you can get some sleep. You will in all probability only need to send the buzz one more time, no matter how hard case he is. Gus will be as silent as if he belonged to a monastery with the vow of silence, and he was the original true believer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
down here we call those 'BB guns'

Sam......

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh, you can rent the collars, and Just in case Gus is really hard core a second collar snugged up just underneath and ahead of his hind legs will cure any dog.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hoping you are not totally serious about the snoring etc....

But the barking I can understand, ours go outside through the door and bark at things, but thats fine, it keeps us alerted, but just to be out barking for barkings' sake... nope.

They do understand the collar, my lab which sleeps with us and is our child... knows the collar and is on better behavior when the collar is on, and in a pinch, he knows the tri tronics controller also looks just like my mag light, I can grab the mag light and just show it to him, no collar, and he is on best behavior.

I have found that after hitting him with minor the most mild bumps and even just the beep tone first, he corrects most things and I"ve only used max power 2 times and I prefer not to use it, unless needed. I especially use the beep tone to correct direction on retrieves as he was never whistle trained...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
One tip, a dog ain't stupid and he associates wearing the collar with getting the everliving poop knocked out of him when he barks. So, he has to wear the collar all the times you don't want him to bark even after he is broke. You don't have to have it activated if you don't want but he has to wear it anyway.

So true, but some dogs learn that barking without the collar will result in a quick re-collaring. Knowing the collar is a possibility still tends to cut down on the dog's mindless barking stuff.

The bark limiters are great, but they do eliminate the satisfaction of pressing the Big Red Button. I prefer to get a cup of coffee, put my feet up, smile contently, and SHAZAAAM!!!

Life's best joys are the simple joys. smirk

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I need a satalite remote police taser duck taped around his neck so that I can hit his ass when he's sleeping at home now & I'm at work with the red eyes & the foggy brain.

that would be sweet, just dial a phone number from work here & Bang!! Wake up dog!!

so it's come to this, I'm plotting wishful revenge on a domestic animal.....

coffee, i need coffee.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by rost495
Hoping you are not totally serious about the snoring etc....

Jeff

I'm not completely evil. I do exaggerate, I'm a sarcastic sort with cronic axaggeration disease.

I had a cheap cabelas bark collar on him but I took it off baecause I saw it shock him while he was sleeping once.

I honestly just want a good collar that hits him when it's supposed to & I like the step jolt thing with the warning of some sort prior to the jolt...

that's how I honestly feel about it, I just have to express myself through excessively sarcastic means.... it's my silly way.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Vicebreaker H2 for horses and never thought about the use for my German Short Hair in her tirades. Actually sitting at my desk with a grin in my face now.

I've used the Bark Breaker and it does work awesome. The crazy part is, the dog will start barking, you head out to the kennel with this collar in hand, and SHAZAAAAAM!!!!! it's all over. Sometimes I feel like David Copperfield.

The trips to the kennel are getting much less frequent.

Hava Fun and grin when you hear the beeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
do they make one for barking wives...

Camp is where you make it.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

Nope. But once she has your nutz cut off you won't care as much. A guy can just sit blissfully drinking coffee and pass the day electrocuting the dog.

Robert Frost
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by tzone

Nope. But once she has your nutz cut off you won't care as much. A guy can just sit blissfully drinking coffee and pass the day electrocuting the dog.

that's just natures way.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JOG

The bark limiters are great, but they do eliminate the satisfaction of pressing the Big Red Button. I prefer to get a cup of coffee, put my feet up, smile contently, and SHAZAAAM!!!

Life's best joys are the simple joys. smirk

I was really happy with the way the Bark Limiter worked out, but I do feel like I missed out on possibly the best part.

There is a way to use the collar so that the dog doesn't get wise to it (he shouldn't really have time to figure it out). If used properly, the thing seems like a complete rip-off. When you switch it on and you're working your way up the stim scale, the dog gets much less vocal. Once you've determined the proper level of correction, the problem is usually solved within the hour. That's why rental is a popular option. You pay a C-note for the unit, and a few days later it's essentially useless.

It's still the best hunnerd bucks I ever spent. I'd sell you mine for $50, but I'm planning on another dog or three.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.