Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Again I don't think safariman did this purposely. He acted in good faith and that on the other end their was problems he was unaware of. It is rediculous to think he would spend that much time on this site about a hunt just to rip a couple of guys off and in the course of doing that trash his reputation. I am sure if he was able to see into the future he would have canceled that hunt in a minute. I just love those who never make mistakes or errors. I always say it takes one to know one.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He may not have done it on purpose, but he knew about the problem for a year--and did not take concrete steps to address the situation. He got his money, and as far as we know still has it, but the hunters that booked this hunt with him are still without any refund. It smelled a year ago, and it still stinks today.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
+++++1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Judging by corespondence I'm getting, ZPHGA is still maintaining the postion that all of the NT elephant permits except one were illegal.Not a particularly comfortable position to be in, but worse if you're Schultz.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Thankfully booking agents are a dime a dozen. At times it seems as though everyone whom has made a trip to Africa is looking for a means to return on the cheap, few do it as a sole means of income.
I doubt Mark's return on this particular trip was more than a couple hundred dollars from each client to begin with as he originally set the first trip back in 2007 as a 24HrCampfire group safari at a reduced rate.
That doesn't erase nor excuse not following the best interest of your clients. Had he doubted the operator he should've made the changes in his planning of the group hunt back then. Surely not reused that operator until all bumps were ironed out an defenitely allow clients to make changes in operators even at his cost to cover their butts. Refunding all deposits of clients opting out because of the switch.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by driftwood
Again I don't think safariman did this purposely. He acted in good faith and that on the other end their was problems he was unaware of. It is rediculous to think he would spend that much time on this site about a hunt just to rip a couple of guys off and in the course of doing that trash his reputation. I am sure if he was able to see into the future he would have canceled that hunt in a minute. I just love those who never make mistakes or errors. I always say it takes one to know one.

I've never made a mistake with a large amount somebody else's money because I don't allow myself to get in that situation. Stuffing up your own hunt is one thing; stuffing up the very expensive hunts of two other people is something else..

Acting in good faith would be to give these two guys a full refund and for him to sort out his own refund with the PH ect behind the scenes..That would also do wonders for his reputation as well...

Acting in good faith would also mean that he would warn his other clients who are going to hunt with the same outfit about this thread and the previous problems..Good faith would also mean giving these clients the option to pullout, switch or carry on, depending what they want...

Last edited by Pete E; 08/31/08.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any updates?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I'm glad that the poor communications skills by Mark when he tried to sell me this hunt caused me to back away quickly.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Interesting . That makes at least three of us that got the same bad vibes,and backed off.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Make that four!!!!

The foundation for old age is good memories.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
His silence is deafening! He must have subcontracted to crickets, because that's all I hear right now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As stated several times before, waiting for more info, and the end of this safari season to have a longer talk with Tim who is pretty maxed out with hunts right now. Got a little more recon this AM. Also as stated before, nothing coming from me until all is known which right now it is not.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, what about last years mess? Has there been any resolving of that matter, to the hunters satisfaction or are you still waiting for hunting reports.
I really don't see this going away by no resolve.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last years 24hrcf hunters all got good to great trophies IIRC, and have recieved their trophies. We had troubles in one of the camps being less than stellar at the outset but this was resolved quickly. One of them re-booked for this years hunt and my nearly all of last years other hunters had great trips, test123 being one of few exceptions. Several from last year have offered to be references for me which, of course, I do not now need. AS stated, more intel coming in. I have a few strings yet to pull for releif and will be doing all I can when the opportunity arises.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I follow the proceedings in Zim, to the extent that I can. This cut and paste of an email I just got may be of particular interest to Mark.

Am on don.heathxxxxxx for two months.

Logged onto 24hr campfire and see that the discussion is still raging. Haven't time or inclination to join another forum, but you could pass on to Mark "safariman" that I notice that Tim is now blaming him- since the only complaints have come from clients he booked!

You are free to attibute that statement to me on the forum. If mark wants my current contact you can give it to him.

Don Heath

Last edited by Model70Guy; 09/17/08.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am not surprised Tim is blaming Mark. Tim can't run a succesful business, so he blames his booking agent for his short comings. Because, I know it was Mark fault we were in the wrong camp last yeat, it was Mark fault the PH was a almost 2 days late. It was Mark fault for the lack of game(even the PH's commented on the lack of game). Shame on Mark!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know I've aked this before, but can somebody produce pictures of last year's buffalo? I know there was one taken that was injured and hence not of trophy quality, but I'd like to see the stuff from last year's hunts. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MotorCity
I am not surprised Tim is blaming Mark. Tim can't run a succesful business, so he blames his booking agent for his short comings. Because, I know it was Mark fault we were in the wrong camp last yeat, it was Mark fault the PH was a almost 2 days late. It was Mark fault for the lack of game(even the PH's commented on the lack of game). Shame on Mark!

Shame on Mark, the PHs he hired, the clients, the camp managers, people who want to be paid, the kids he abandanned when he ran off with his secretary, shame on everybody. It's not his fault you see.I know 6 year-olds with a greater sense of personal responsibility.
Oh well, everything bad that can happen on this hunt has already happened and we lived through it. Schultz' troubles are just beginning.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm just curious as to what was resolved, if anything?

What was the update after this hunting season too?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No, nothing was resolved nor do I expect it ever will be.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.